PDA

View Full Version : How do you target specific parts of a ship?

Blackfleet
03-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I have noticed that on the in-game video it shows the player using the recognition manual and targeting the engineering section of the king george 5 sinking the battleship in one shot. when playing the game for my self I can not do this, why is this?

Blackfleet
03-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I have noticed that on the in-game video it shows the player using the recognition manual and targeting the engineering section of the king george 5 sinking the battleship in one shot. when playing the game for my self I can not do this, why is this?

Suhrer
03-25-2005, 04:08 PM
You have to know where it is and aim the torpedo there. Look at the recognition manual and point the parascope crosshair at that location on the ship. If your solution is accurate and the ship does not change course it will hit that location.

I find it easier to sink large ship by setting the depth of the torpedo just under the keel (once again, loot at the recognition manual for the exact depth of the keel).

If the torpedo actually goes at that depth and you have the magnetic detonation enabled on the torpedo it will explode under the ship and sink it in one.

Athlonics
03-25-2005, 04:31 PM
This is what I've noticed :

You can only see those criticals spots in the ingame recon manual when :

- you are on auto-TDC mode

- have a gyro angle between 345 - 015 degres

Hope it helps