PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the caravan structure from Heroes IV

Stentor3
04-28-2006, 03:13 PM
I have been playing the demo and I keep[ wondering to myself, why did they not include the caravan structure for Heroes IV. Although Heroes IV was not the best of the series the addition of the caravan building streamlined the game to a large degree. You no longer had to have a bunch of heroes running arround collecting creatures from the different recruitment buildings that you would capture. I think that if they could add this back into Heroes V that this newest member of the series would be by far the best installment yet.

Sir_Arveragus
04-28-2006, 04:27 PM
They did not include caravans, because in Heroes V, creatures can no longer exist without being in a hero's army or inside a castle. Say you want to import a groups of imps from an imp crucible to a Haven city, while the city's garrison is filled up with all seven types of Haven creatures. Where are the imps to go? In Heroes IV, the creatures would just line up outside the city, but for the reason described above, this is no longer possible. It is for this reason that there are no caravans in Heroes V.

berryml
05-02-2006, 12:42 PM
That's a shame. IV's biggest improvement was not having to create a conveyer belt of Heroes to ferry troops from the town to the fighting Hero.

Vascariz
05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Doesn't heroes 5 have a summon creatures spell?

Not sure how the summon creatures spell works in the full version...
but yeah the caravan feature definitely made the game much more enjoyable.
Sir_Averagus - that problem is easily solved by creating a caravan structure in each city (when the caravan is built) and the creatures are stored in there with perhaps a maximum of x number of creatures.