PDA

View Full Version : hosted sites gone?

renaden
12-20-2004, 05:23 PM
While I'm not a member of any of the guilds, it is a bit odd that that has happened, and disturbing, it feels like ubisoft are giving up on eq1 or something. The message you get when clicking one of the links is confusing also, and the link it gives is dead.

renaden
12-20-2004, 05:23 PM
While I'm not a member of any of the guilds, it is a bit odd that that has happened, and disturbing, it feels like ubisoft are giving up on eq1 or something. The message you get when clicking one of the links is confusing also, and the link it gives is dead.

HaggardVS
12-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi there,

I'm a little confused as to the demands on resources issue with hosting the guild sites. As far as I am led to believe the guilds themselves are allocated space on the server and perform their site updates themselves. There is very little maintenance required on a hosting server apart from the occassional OS patch or hardware upgrade/replace. It's part of my own job. If ubisoft have decided to allocate the physical hardware to a project more profitable than the guild sites it would be nice to be open about it and not have a generic reason of "resourcing issues".

Ryan-Phoenixan
12-21-2004, 12:54 AM
This has been happening to a few other sites too I've been trying to look at. It's almost as if UbiSoft has given up on anything not on ubi.com itself.

alexielle
12-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Here are your answers ...

-------------------------------------------

EQLoft Hosting

Greetings,

The support of Everquest is a constantly evolving process. We continually strive to maintain and improve the levels of service we offer to our player base. The placement and direction of our available resources, in order to fulfill this mandate often presents us with challenges.

The allocation of resources for hosted websites has been something that was very important to both ourselves and to the players who make use of the offer. However, in order for us to offer the level of service overall that we feel is rightfully expected from our customers, the decision has been taken to discontinue the service and reallocate the resources applied there.

Be assured that we have done all that is in our power to help our customers transfer their data in an efficient and rapid manner; to do this follow this link:
ftp://willy.ubisoft.com

Once again, we would like to thank you for your continued participation in the Ubisoft Everquest experience.

-------------------------------------------

Got that message while trying to access to a website hosted by eqloft http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif