PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious burning boats!

Cabe5
03-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Has anyone else been engaged by a burning boat? I have on several times been told a ship was engaging me by the watch crew. When I looked it was burning. Usually a torpedo boat. Is this from damage that another friendly unit caused but didn't finish the job? I was also sailing a had a contact, when I looked all I saw was the bow and stern in the air as the ship sank. It wa sfar away and I couldn't ID it but it was a larger boat. Did I have another uboat in the area that was doing some dirty work?

Cabe5
03-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Has anyone else been engaged by a burning boat? I have on several times been told a ship was engaging me by the watch crew. When I looked it was burning. Usually a torpedo boat. Is this from damage that another friendly unit caused but didn't finish the job? I was also sailing a had a contact, when I looked all I saw was the bow and stern in the air as the ship sank. It wa sfar away and I couldn't ID it but it was a larger boat. Did I have another uboat in the area that was doing some dirty work?

Idawen
03-30-2005, 05:38 PM
some small ships can sink in bad weather conditions, watched this one time - was funny.
Think the Patrol boats are a similar phenomenon - but they are buggy another way, got attacked by one that was burning heavyly and there was
*no crew aboard*
(Drone Technology in WW2?)

testpilot11
03-30-2005, 06:12 PM
It seems they made a few errors when scripting the campaign and the PT boats spawn on top of each other and blow up.You can fix it by moving the boats in the Campaign_SCR.mis file.

Cabe5
03-30-2005, 11:29 PM
effing hilarious. I saw a small boat sink in the channel once too.

Qbeesh800
03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
boats sometime have a collision. once i've seen the two of them collided and burning

trikke12
03-31-2005, 12:37 AM
The flying Dutchman is back from hell !
Besides : a burning ship with no crew ? I wouldn't wanna stay on board !

1.JaVA_Hornet
03-31-2005, 01:01 AM
Hey,
In the last exam of the turorials there
are 2 foes destroyers shooting each other
untill 1 sinks of them.