PDA

View Full Version : PC/Consuls part 2

ST2_Pootin
03-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Ya know Lennart_970. I agree with you in principle about Graw 2. I was expecting something with the same spirit as GR and we got a version of BF. It wasn't tactical enough although the single player was one of the best single players i ever played. I think the effort went into that and it wasn't the pc that was forgotten but the multiplayer.
I also think that UBI figured out that PC games are more expensive to maintain as communities are easier to develop and the games get modded more readily. Consul games get played, the player get sick of it and goes to the next one. (disclaimer: this is opinion based on personal experience and is in no way meant to infer that consuls users have A.D.D or any other between the line inference) UBI kept the GR servers open for years and i haven't checked recently but i would guess they are still there as AEG still has a GR server running for a kick.
Most games are about making money which I dont mind but most companies should try and keep their core customers which seems to get forgotten. PC gamers are a unique group as they are not only into the game but usually into the tech aspect of it too. They are an intelligent customer base and this is also not good for business. (Disclaimer: this is not to say other users are any less intelligent but is a reference to the technical aspects of PC gamers with modding and technical skills that sometimes need to be used to debug or fix our systems.) For example I once had a thread in our forums that went on for 6 months arguing about open gl. It got pretty nasty too at times too.
Anyways stick to the PC, brother. In the last little while there has been some hope, ARMA 2 is pretty good but complicated, Red Orchestra was Awesome but that one is all but done now and even though BF BC2 is made for consuls it is a rare example of a game crossing over nicely.

Disclaimer: This email follows the spirit of the forum rules and was in no way meant to imply or directly insult any users, moderators or forum mangers. This is also not meant as a bump for a locked forum but is a response to another user post to form a community bond as well as validate what that user has said. Contrary position are welcome.

ST2_Pootin
03-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Ya know Lennart_970. I agree with you in principle about Graw 2. I was expecting something with the same spirit as GR and we got a version of BF. It wasn't tactical enough although the single player was one of the best single players i ever played. I think the effort went into that and it wasn't the pc that was forgotten but the multiplayer.
I also think that UBI figured out that PC games are more expensive to maintain as communities are easier to develop and the games get modded more readily. Consul games get played, the player get sick of it and goes to the next one. (disclaimer: this is opinion based on personal experience and is in no way meant to infer that consuls users have A.D.D or any other between the line inference) UBI kept the GR servers open for years and i haven't checked recently but i would guess they are still there as AEG still has a GR server running for a kick.
Most games are about making money which I dont mind but most companies should try and keep their core customers which seems to get forgotten. PC gamers are a unique group as they are not only into the game but usually into the tech aspect of it too. They are an intelligent customer base and this is also not good for business. (Disclaimer: this is not to say other users are any less intelligent but is a reference to the technical aspects of PC gamers with modding and technical skills that sometimes need to be used to debug or fix our systems.) For example I once had a thread in our forums that went on for 6 months arguing about open gl. It got pretty nasty too at times too.
Anyways stick to the PC, brother. In the last little while there has been some hope, ARMA 2 is pretty good but complicated, Red Orchestra was Awesome but that one is all but done now and even though BF BC2 is made for consuls it is a rare example of a game crossing over nicely.

Disclaimer: This email follows the spirit of the forum rules and was in no way meant to imply or directly insult any users, moderators or forum mangers. This is also not meant as a bump for a locked forum but is a response to another user post to form a community bond as well as validate what that user has said. Contrary position are welcome.

ms-kleaneasy
03-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Reposting a previously locked thread be it to repost it verbatim or respond is NOT permitted on the forums.

If you wish to discuss the topic with the original posting member I would direct you to the private topic facility.

If you have any issue with the forum rules and management of these boards contact me in PT

Note any further rule breach of this kind WILL result in suspension