PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

MrBisto
05-30-2005, 07:27 AM
It has become so hard to get a room going on Splinter Cell. The only way to get games is to go looking for them but they all seem to be deathmatch on Warehouse.

Now, I don't mind it so much. i used to hate that stuff on pandora tomorrow but I can bear it on here. The thing is, you go into a room, surprise surprise, you are playing as merc. OK, fair enough, I make people start as merc in my server because I am fed up of letting people play as spy first just for them to leave and then the cycle repeating.

Anyway, you get into your merc position.... You then see restrictions are set.... ok..... hmm, Spies have every bit of equipment? OK, what do I have then? Ah, no mines or spy traps? Whats this, no vision modes either? And no beserk?? Surely you have gone mad mr host? So, after accepting it because you just want to play a game, you ready up.....

Now, for some reason, these spies are no good. My partner and I manage to give them such a beating... we have 16 lives left, they have none (this is out of the default 10/10 lives. With infinite time of course because they are too incapable of beating you in 10 minutes). So, the misison successful screen is up and its our turn to be spies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Wait a minute, why is my network icon flashing on the screen. Server has disconnected?? What does that mean????? Wait, the game has gone? Dammit, the hosts XBOX seems to have broken.

This happened 3 times over the last 2 days. The only time I have gone looking for other rooms. the first one I found, the host quit to lobby after my partner got 1 kill, I got 5 and they had none. After going back to lobby, he booted us both out! For camping? I was running round on the ground after chasing him down from the top catwalk and my partner was by one of the top sector 2 doors throwing flares around for me. this guy had no mines set but cams were on. he said he didn't use cams. What happens in the first 30 secs? 2 sticky cams on the ground.

Another team chastised us for moving into sector 3. We were only supposed to stay in sector 1 because 3 was no fun. this was the one game we got a return match as spies. They stayed in their spawn killing each other for the first 6 minutes!!!! They only came out 3 or 4 times.

In Pandora Tomorrow, we used to let people come into the room and play as spies just to get into games. Now, i don't stand for it. you come into my room, you play as merc first THEN you earn a spy go. Why do they come into my room that is setup as story and request to play deathmatch? Do they not understand filters? I give my guests the choice on map. Even if I don't like the map, I play it. then when we choose a map, they say they don't want to play it because they are no good at it so they still basically get their choice of map. I also set mercs for infinite lives to discourage aggressive behaviour (spies have nothing to gain except 15 seconds grace by killing a merc). No more. My server, my rules. Except no-one joins my server...... Why is it every time I am on clubhouse, I find 2 spies dancing around outside the window in the garden? They soon stop when I bounce a frag off the wall and out onto the balcony.

If you play story, you play fair, you play as merc and spy alternately, you are willing to play ANY map and you don't just go for kills as opposed to objectives, then hit me with a friends request, please. Just give me a voice message saying you are from this board or I may not accept. I don't play as often as I used to, I would generally be on after about 11pm GMT Sunday through to Thursday (the trouble with living with a woman http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif).

MrBisto
05-30-2005, 07:27 AM
It has become so hard to get a room going on Splinter Cell. The only way to get games is to go looking for them but they all seem to be deathmatch on Warehouse.

Now, I don't mind it so much. i used to hate that stuff on pandora tomorrow but I can bear it on here. The thing is, you go into a room, surprise surprise, you are playing as merc. OK, fair enough, I make people start as merc in my server because I am fed up of letting people play as spy first just for them to leave and then the cycle repeating.

Anyway, you get into your merc position.... You then see restrictions are set.... ok..... hmm, Spies have every bit of equipment? OK, what do I have then? Ah, no mines or spy traps? Whats this, no vision modes either? And no beserk?? Surely you have gone mad mr host? So, after accepting it because you just want to play a game, you ready up.....

Now, for some reason, these spies are no good. My partner and I manage to give them such a beating... we have 16 lives left, they have none (this is out of the default 10/10 lives. With infinite time of course because they are too incapable of beating you in 10 minutes). So, the misison successful screen is up and its our turn to be spies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Wait a minute, why is my network icon flashing on the screen. Server has disconnected?? What does that mean????? Wait, the game has gone? Dammit, the hosts XBOX seems to have broken.

This happened 3 times over the last 2 days. The only time I have gone looking for other rooms. the first one I found, the host quit to lobby after my partner got 1 kill, I got 5 and they had none. After going back to lobby, he booted us both out! For camping? I was running round on the ground after chasing him down from the top catwalk and my partner was by one of the top sector 2 doors throwing flares around for me. this guy had no mines set but cams were on. he said he didn't use cams. What happens in the first 30 secs? 2 sticky cams on the ground.

Another team chastised us for moving into sector 3. We were only supposed to stay in sector 1 because 3 was no fun. this was the one game we got a return match as spies. They stayed in their spawn killing each other for the first 6 minutes!!!! They only came out 3 or 4 times.

In Pandora Tomorrow, we used to let people come into the room and play as spies just to get into games. Now, i don't stand for it. you come into my room, you play as merc first THEN you earn a spy go. Why do they come into my room that is setup as story and request to play deathmatch? Do they not understand filters? I give my guests the choice on map. Even if I don't like the map, I play it. then when we choose a map, they say they don't want to play it because they are no good at it so they still basically get their choice of map. I also set mercs for infinite lives to discourage aggressive behaviour (spies have nothing to gain except 15 seconds grace by killing a merc). No more. My server, my rules. Except no-one joins my server...... Why is it every time I am on clubhouse, I find 2 spies dancing around outside the window in the garden? They soon stop when I bounce a frag off the wall and out onto the balcony.

If you play story, you play fair, you play as merc and spy alternately, you are willing to play ANY map and you don't just go for kills as opposed to objectives, then hit me with a friends request, please. Just give me a voice message saying you are from this board or I may not accept. I don't play as often as I used to, I would generally be on after about 11pm GMT Sunday through to Thursday (the trouble with living with a woman http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif).

Myth2k7
05-30-2005, 08:37 AM
May as well get used to the whole DM warehouse thing. The less people that go to other maps, the more DM warehouse youre going to see.

A friend of mine used to NEVER make warehouse games. And sure enough, it would take at least 30 minutes to fill his games. Now he makes warehouse games, takes no time at all.

Nobodies going to sit there 30 minutes everything they want a game to start on a different map. So the less people joining other games, the more of one map youll see, until thats all youll see.

XyZspineZyX
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
I was searching for a game yesterday and I had to filter out deathmatch since almost 80% of the games were deathmatch on Warehouse, Deftech, or Factory.
I ended up playing with a friend but he was playing deathmatch.

Epicurus_13
05-30-2005, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you play story, you play fair, you play as merc and spy alternately, you are willing to play ANY map and you don't just go for kills as opposed to objectives, then hit me with a friends request, please. Just give me a voice message saying you are from this board or I may not accept. I don't play as often as I used to, I would generally be on after about 11pm GMT Sunday through to Thursday (the trouble with living with a woman Frown). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear that. If I had my Xbox here with me, I'd add you - I feel the same way. And What the HELL are you doing living with a woman who doesn't like video games? you'd best get that head examined, boy, because you are settling into a small cave with a bear, n'aw'm'sayin'?

FN57
05-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I never make deathmatch games. I only host non ranked, revenge story mode games and I've actually sat in the lobby for an hour waiting for the room to fill and when people do join, "Can we play deathmatch? Can we play deathmatch?" Splinter cell 3 is not a run and gun game unless you are a merc, so no, No Deathmatch.

RAZIEL1966
05-30-2005, 01:01 PM
I feel the same way.If anyone on this board wants to play story mode the right way send me a FR Gamertag : RAZ89