PDA

View Full Version : Copy Protection

ForrestGT
11-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Hi u all,

anyone of u guys who have the game already can tell about its copy protection system, is it possible to run it without the dvd in the drive?...or is it some activation system?...
The thing is I have to choose between the digital and the DVD version, and I don't wanna have to deal with an activation system that might protect the the digital version, and not the DVD...

Tkx for your information.

KHollister
11-03-2007, 10:48 AM
From what's been said on the forum by those who have it, you can run it without the DVD in the drive.

I would imagine that the game is copy-protected somehow -- When I first bought Chessmaster 10, I tried to make a backup copy (this was before the No-CD patch), and couldn't.

But you raise a good question: Does the DVD version require some sort of online authentication?

SSBN617
11-03-2007, 10:51 AM
The game didn't ask for the key until I logged onto the internet play. Other than that I don't have to have the DVD in to play.

ForrestGT
11-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Thx for your feedback guys.

...and whatabout the digital version?...any info?

willy_297
11-08-2007, 03:50 AM
I have installed cmXI on another computer and copied his whole directory on my laptop it works fine.
So before a game in online mode he chearch always the cd key why dont check only when i am connected?