PDA

View Full Version : Installation issue with SCDA

Sybnal
03-18-2007, 04:45 PM
So this P.O.S game won't even go into my dvd-rom. The drive seems to try and recognize the disk but then just spits it out of the drive after a few seconds.

Aside from getting a new dvd drive (which is ****ing stupid) any suggestions?

I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM btw. It's about 2 years old.

Sybnal
03-18-2007, 04:45 PM
So this P.O.S game won't even go into my dvd-rom. The drive seems to try and recognize the disk but then just spits it out of the drive after a few seconds.

Aside from getting a new dvd drive (which is ****ing stupid) any suggestions?

I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM btw. It's about 2 years old.

rogerwilco99
03-18-2007, 05:22 PM
You may need to update the firmware on your DVD drive. Many older DVD drives don't support dual layer disks.

Pioneer's older drives are easy to upgrade the firmware (I have several). Just go to Pioneer's website and download it and follow the instructions.

Sybnal
03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Well I found the firmware upgrade...followed the instructions, and everytime I run the command in DOS it just gives me an error messege saying; Error CD-ROM not present<-[0m<-[0m

Any idea what the hell that geek babble means? I tried changing the variable that denotes wether the drive is secondary master, secondary slave etc. etc.

Is there a better way to do this? Like download a program that I can just double click and it will do the work for me..hahaha.

rogerwilco99
03-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Three questions:

1 - What drive do you have?

2 - What is the name of the program you are trying to run?

3 - Are you sure that the program is not a Windows program? Some are and some aren't.

If I'm not mistaken when I upgraded my DVR-105 the firmware update program was a Windows program.

One way to tell is if there is an icon on the program when you look at it in explorer. This will not be the standard "window" icon. But something else. If it has an icon, it's most likely a Windows program.