PDA

View Full Version : Archdevil Summon PitLord Ability?

Royaljaguar37
04-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I have noticed that the computer AI can summon 2 Pit Lords when he has one Archdevil on the battlemap.

However, when I played as a Demon Lord, and when I had Archdevils on my map, I was never given the option to summon Pit Lords, nor was I given a cast spell icon.

Does anyone know how I will be able to summon Pit Lords, I know it is an ability of the Archdevil, but I do not how to summon them into combat.

Thanks you in advance,
Royaljaguar

Royaljaguar37
04-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I have noticed that the computer AI can summon 2 Pit Lords when he has one Archdevil on the battlemap.

However, when I played as a Demon Lord, and when I had Archdevils on my map, I was never given the option to summon Pit Lords, nor was I given a cast spell icon.

Does anyone know how I will be able to summon Pit Lords, I know it is an ability of the Archdevil, but I do not how to summon them into combat.

Thanks you in advance,
Royaljaguar

Mr.Eiki
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
they summon using a dead stack, if im correct http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Royaljaguar37
04-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Ah, that might be it. I cannot be certain that I ever tried to summon once I had some casualties.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
04-24-2006, 11:48 AM
I've personally never been able to get it to work. I've tried it on a dead allied stack, a dead enemy stack, I've waited until I had a large number of Archdevils in case it was a high spell cost and you'd need a minimum number of devils to cast it, I've tried casting it on only certain terrain types even. No luck.

Anybody know for sure how it works....and if it works in the current demo?

Infiltrator-SF
04-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Yea, you need your friendly stack to be completly dead and just target their corpse.

azreal01
04-24-2006, 11:51 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif QFT. Works well, but only works on a completely killed, allied stack.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
04-24-2006, 11:53 AM
does it have to be dead Pit lords?

I'm asking because I've done that...and it didn't work. I've tried it more than once too. Odd.

Zimmymasaki
04-24-2006, 11:54 AM
It works in the current demo yup, i've been able to create 13 pit lords from a stack of dead familiars (i think it was around 80 or so imps) and around 11 or so archdevils. But don't take those numbers as set in stone i can't remember too well.
It took me a while to figure out how to use it as i tried it in lots of normal battles against stacks where you don't lose any units usually and i couldn't figure it out.
If it helps my arch devils were on the tiles next to the dead familiars, so perhaps you have to be next to the fallen unit?

So yea it definetly does work and it is incredibly useful, 13 pit lords is a pretty respectable amount.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zimmymasaki:
If it helps my arch devils were on the tiles next to the dead familiars, so perhaps you have to be next to the fallen unit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...maybe that's it.

Final_Boss
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Is an overpowered ability: With only 4 archdevils you can invoke 8 pit lords. You need a dead allied stack to do it.

Infiltrator-SF
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
does it have to be dead Pit lords?

I'm asking because I've done that...and it didn't work. I've tried it more than once too. Odd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, just about anything that is Demonic, afaik. Maybe even living or undead but I haven't tried with those. It has an unlimited range.

Azure_Slayer
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
You have to target one corpse of your dead stacks.You will get 2 pit lords for each arch devil using the ability.Number or the kind of the corpse doesnt matter.

w0mbat84
04-24-2006, 02:54 PM
i had no problem using it, sacrificed my imps just to try it out. worked as a charm...8 AD summoned 16 pit lords...the dead stack was around 300 imps or so...

Azure_Slayer: are you sure the number dosnt matter? could i really get 16 pit lords our of one imp? guess i could go try it, but im too lazy atm!

Sylvanus234
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Well I haven't tested it for awhile since I normally skip devils by the time I gotten to the surface on the custom map.

Anyway, it might be you can't use the ability on a gated summon dead stack. Just a gusse if people are having problems.

OoNebsoO
04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
1 Archdevil can 'summon' 2 Pit Lords.

To be summoned at all, dead allied stack should've had atleast 120 hp. So 20 imps, 30 familiars...

So, for example, you have 5 Archdevils, and 130 Imps, whole stack has died. 6 Pit Lords can be summoned for the rest of the battle.

Goke
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OoNebsoO:
1 Archdevil can 'summon' 2 Pit Lords.

To be summoned at all, dead allied stack should've had atleast 120 hp. So 20 imps, 30 familiars...

So, for example, you have 5 Archdevils, and 130 Imps, whole stack has died. 6 Pit Lords can be summoned for the rest of the battle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I think you're right... I remember one time I tried summoning with 3 Archdevils, and only got like 4 Pitlords... I think it was because the total HP of the dead stack was not enough...

Ylurien
06-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Wouldn`t it be nice if the conditions required for summoning pit lords had been printed in the manual? ;(

So has anyone learned any more about what exactly needs to be done to summon the pit lords with arch devils?

MaDcRaZy2KS
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
you have to summon pit lord from a dead stack of your own. The number of pit lords summoned is based upon the total hp of the stack. The maximum number of pit lord summoned is 2 for every arch devil that is casting the ability. This is extremely useful ability when you gate your archdevil. Mass summoning plz?