PDA

View Full Version : Is that all this game is? Driving around being a merc?

DigiDemon_69
07-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Seriously disappointed in this game...FarCry rocked...cool creatures and lot's of FPS action. Sooo much driving around...THIS game seems more like an "Action" game in FPS...where's the creatures? Where's the "oh that was cool" factor that FarCry had? Good thing I bought this in the bargain bin for $10.

koyangi1508
07-31-2010, 07:26 AM
There a many people who donīt like these unrealisitic creatures.
For me SciFi is not needed ......

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

DigiDemon_69
07-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Eh.....I was hoping it would follow in the footsteps of the first one...not be some FPS third world GTA clone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

rhettman5
07-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Dude...play online, try a few user maps...the sniper maps are awsome...or don't...FC is a horrible game for run and gun...but for the snipers, it's cool...go get BFBC2 or COD if ya want fast action shooters, but don't pay 9.99 for a 2 year old game and whine about it...Rhett

djrodw777
07-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by koyangi1508:
There a many people who donīt like these unrealisitic creatures.
For me SciFi is not needed ......
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

No doubt... Far Cry 2 has a great story line and the game is an open world, travel no matter how you do it is required in an open world game... give it a chance, play through the first map, most fans of FPS and open worlds would love FC2's gameplay... personally, the first FC was good but the sci fi thing killed it for me, this is much more real world and looks better to me as well

elbmek
08-01-2010, 06:00 AM
FC2 is what you make of it. You can play all of the buddies, giving you slightly diff scenarios each time. You can walk everywhere if you wish, you can get the bus and then the local vehicle parked there. You can explore (a hell of a lot of stuff can be found off road). You can use gullies to approach many strongholds to get things, rescue people, kill people etc. The variations are entirely up to you. I even found a cliff face in the NW in Act 2 which I managed to climb, the view over the opposite side was great, and with a sniper rifle stood there and picked off loads of mercs down on the desert floor. If you have a grenade launcher!! Well, think about it. It was just a variation but fun too. The game is what you make of it. I know a post in here once said 'I finished the whole game in 6 hours - end of' - sad - no imagination - no fantasy!! hahaha!! You can race around blasting, you can go around sneaky beaky. I am currently trialling Frank in Normal mode because Hardcore & Infamous are not realistic, (I got shot behind a rock!!) No way Jose!

DigiDemon_69
08-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks for all the feedback all...it does help. I think even though this is FC2, I need to not approach it from a "compare with FC" attitude. I do like the more laid back way to play this.

elbmek
08-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I cannot and will not compare this to FC, a totally different game. In fact, I find FC ancient now compared to FC2. I have FC on my XP laptop but I find it annoying now, comp with FC2FE