PDA

View Full Version : Failure in the Making

Insaniac02
02-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey all im really a first time poster here, ive never really been bothered to before, but now is a time to speak up, ive always read the forums since RS and RVS (which i still play)

but one thing we have to ask ourselves is Why Bother? look at the posts on these forums, we are doing the exact same thing we where doing 1,2,3 years ago when asking for Patches, we vented our views and our opinions of what we wanted in the game, all they had to do is listen. they failed then and they have failed now, look at the time and effort that has gone into some of these posts, some are very well constructed and aimed at somebody to listen, and them some are not but lets face it, they are not listening, look at the replys all from gamers of the community, none from anybody linked to the company, mouth off and they are fast enough to say somthing then, its clear in my mind that they dont care, UBI you have failed and failed again, please dont waste our time if you are not going to have the desency to listen to the community, i hope for most of our sakes that GR:AW is what it says it is and it is a game that we can play, there are alot of clans that are depended on games that you say u are releasing then fail to live up to what you have said it would be, i hope im wrong but i see GR:AW failing just like UBI has over the last 3 years, but mark my words if you do fail i will guarantee that i will boycott any UBI product for the rest of my life, no matter how much changes are made you have had your 10th chance at this stage, there are no more, you will find your "Fan Base" doing the same. But please for us the gamers dont fail us again.

I hope some of you get to read this post and i hope it is not deleted or edited, but there is a possibility this will happen.

Thanks for your time
|Nurv|Insaniac > > > Mark

ps. PLEASE Fix the connection a server with a router problem ASAP, i like many others spent our hard earned cash on your game to find we cant play it for the reason we bought it!

SODsniper
02-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I think that, for me, GR:AW will either renew my faith in UBI or it will put the final nail in the coffin.

But you are correct. Regardless of the success or failure of GR:AW, UBI needs to change the way it deals with it's customers.

The best PC or CONSOLE game developed will not save a company that shows such contempt for the very people that keep it alive.

Druac
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Even if it is the best game ever, it won't renew my faith in UBI, it will 'establish' my faith in GRIN. If they can pull it off, even under the heavy hand of UBI, they will get ALL the credit from me.

Originally posted by SODsniper:
I think that, for me, GR:AW will either renew my faith in UBI or it will put the final nail in the coffin.

But you are correct. Regardless of the success or failure of GR:AW, UBI needs to change the way it deals with it's customers.

The best PC or CONSOLE game developed will not save a company that shows such contempt for the very people that keep it alive.

Geiger
02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Change sometimes takes longer than it should. Lockdown is not a good representation of how community can help influence a game for the future.

Waika
02-27-2006, 10:34 AM
<span class="ev_code_grey">Originally posted by SODsniper:

The best PC or CONSOLE game developed will not save a company that shows such contempt for the very people that keep it alive.</span>
Exactly! GR:AW (PC) will be the last chance I give Ubisoft with my money...

Change sometimes takes longer than it should. Lockdown is not a good representation of how community can help influence a game for the future.</span>
But this is what frustration, disappointment and a lack of two-way communication ferment. You can't blame the R6 Fans for not trying...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Geiger
02-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Waika:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><span class="ev_code_grey">Originally posted by SODsniper:

The best PC or CONSOLE game developed will not save a company that shows such contempt for the very people that keep it alive.</span>
Exactly! GR:AW (PC) will be the last chance I give Ubisoft with my money...

Change sometimes takes longer than it should. Lockdown is not a good representation of how community can help influence a game for the future.</span>
But this is what frustration, disappointment and a lack of two-way communication ferment. You can't blame the R6 Fans for not trying...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is community elected player feedback council which is direct 2 way communication between the community and Ubisoft development.

Waika
02-27-2006, 11:09 AM
In this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8081011862/m/4731060714) no less then three members of the community elected player feedback council have said 'The Council' is NOT a vehicle for feedback regading R6 Lockdown (PC) or it's issues...

Geiger
02-27-2006, 11:14 AM
We're working on Lockdown. Currently, that is all there is to communicate at the moment. I'll be pushing to get as much info as possible as soon as possible.

DayGlow
02-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Geiger:
Change sometimes takes longer than it should. Lockdown is not a good representation of how community can help influence a game for the future.

he isn't talking about LD.

SODsniper
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Geiger:
We're working on Lockdown. Currently, that is all there is to communicate at the moment. I'll be pushing to get as much info as possible as soon as possible.

Thanx Geiger. That is good to hear.

And good to hear from you, too...

Waika
02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I've just been informed that Giger is 'the man as far as Ubi/Community relations -- so that is encouraging!

But I wonder at the level of confusion with 'The Council' -- have they informed you Giger that they are not tasked with supporting R6 Lockdown (PC) in any way shape or form?

norx420
02-27-2006, 11:32 AM
this was the last straw for me.
if i dont get a patch soon. I'm gona walk down to the ubi studio with my game and yell. (i live in montreal)
i mean... its r6... where are all the fakin guns?
why was it so hard to figure out how to connect?
why doesn't the sound work properly?
why does it keep crashing?
why are their respawns?
why isn't there any one playing?
why can u run so damned fast?
why isn't there gimping?
i mean its suposed to be realistic... last time i cheked u can't run when someone shoots u in the leg
its too much
im angry
waste my money like this
i liked rvs it was fun. but ubi ***ed it up an didn't finish it before realsing... lockdown ain't even fun for me right now

the biggest question is why was it released without being beta tested or something?

seirrah
02-27-2006, 02:46 PM
It's a bit off-topic but try to compare Ubi to Tripwire who are currently very busy finishing the standalone game of Red Orchestra : Ostfront41-45 (excellent WWII eastern-front realistic fps).
The devs are all over the forums, and they are always providing info and having a laugh. It's the most mature forum I've ever been on, and the dev feedback is truly a breath of fresh air.

DayGlow
02-27-2006, 02:53 PM
well I would have to say that the dynamics are a bit different. A mod team their full fan base is online and would visit the forum and they are expanding out from that, vs here where a forum of a few thousand people of a game that has historically sold close to a million copies, so most of the fan base is outside of the forum.

SODsniper
02-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow:
well I would have to say that the dynamics are a bit different. A mod team their full fan base is online and would visit the forum and they are expanding out from that, vs here where a forum of a few thousand people of a game that has historically sold close to a million copies, so most of the fan base is outside of the forum.

Hmmmmm I don't know if I likes the sound of what this implies....

Let me ask this..

In your opinion, from UBI's POV, what are the drawbacks to having FULL represenation of UBI and the Devs in this forum?

DayGlow
02-27-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't think Ubi has a POV on it. IL2 does and LOMAC did while it was under the Ubi unbrella a lot of dev interaction on the forum. I think it relates back to the dev studio and their individual personalities to take the time to post. I don't think historically RSE has ever really been that deep into the online community. When they first started the major medium for transport of info was game mags. Online mod teams stay online because that's how they started.

PFM_VAPOR
02-27-2006, 03:15 PM

so your saying that ubi doesn't need to communicate with the public because they have an established fan base or because they feel they know what the end user wants?

what about Half Life 2. Dev chats in forums, even Gabe Newell came on a few times. they got feedback for years after the game. they even got feedback from gamers who visited, and even played riddles with the community by releasing hidden url's to unreleased pictures and info even after being hacked.

I've heard thread after thread about, "that's not how it works" at ubi or "it takes time", or "change is slow". Someone should do a little TQM tweaking. Because, after lockdown, isn't it evident that they Do Not Know.

SODsniper
02-27-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't think Ubi has a POV on it.

Maybe that is part of the problem...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Just a thought...

Insaniac02
02-27-2006, 04:31 PM
There is community elected player feedback council which is direct 2 way communication between the community and Ubisoft development..

this is quoted from Geiger, and it is in no way an attack on you, but i just find it amazing it has taken close to 4 years for this to happen, and when it happens its not even done right, please geiger tell them to get their act together, if it wasnt for us loyal PC and i repeat PC gamers there would possibly not even be a tom clancy series of games to be even released on consoles, so please pass this on to them for me if you could,
Stop treating your loyal fans and the driven force behind the millions they have made on this franchise like cheap and dirty *****s... Thanks

subzero1900
02-27-2006, 06:19 PM
THIS TIME PERIOD HERE IS THE SOLUTION

"studing and Addressing the failures of the past when they happen will only ensure a better future" Subzero1900 Feb 27,2006

halmex
03-01-2006, 04:30 AM
I think Raven Shield was a good game. Never understood why people hated it so much. With the latest patches it,s highly playable.

But Lockdown is the worst i ever seen, it,s really a let down. I dont think it,s the same as three years ago with raven shield.

This game cant even be patched. How many patches ever the whole game design is not a R6 game anymore.

RAZE_672
03-01-2006, 05:44 AM
I thinks lockdown's patch is called R6 5.

fires2006
03-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by halmex:
I think Raven Shield was a good game. Never understood why people hated it so much. With the latest patches it,s highly playable.

But Lockdown is the worst i ever seen, it,s really a let down. I dont think it,s the same as three years ago with raven shield.

This game cant even be patched. How many patches ever the whole game design is not a R6 game anymore.

People didnt hate RVS, what they hated was the game they released felt like a beta. Most gamers felt it was so unfinished and had so many bugs and glitches it was a frustrating experience to play. Then UBI patched it. They patched it so many times, I lost count. They even patched it to fix bugs from previous patches! It felt like the most patched game in history. By the time the game was fully patched and running ok people had moved on to other games.

As for patching Lockdown, like you say nothing will save this game now because, from reading most of the posts, the fan base is completely and utterly dis-enfranchised by this offering. Beats me why they would bother spending time and effort to do that. Id be happier to see them put more effort into the next title and really getting it right.

For Lockdown its too late. Whatever their intentions, hopes and desires were with this game,they simply got it wrong. So they should just move on and put time, money and resources into better things and forget about trying to fix a lemon.