PDA

View Full Version : New Type of Predator

Zedm
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I basically regestered to ask this question;

what if instead of a human with supernatural abilities we get an animal for the predator mode

all of the abilities that the predator had but in an animal to make it more realistic to the theme. thus the players would get their predator mode and the devs would keep the game more realistic.

your welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

if you guys want me to think of features i can think of some for you

All original predators abilities (mabye scaled down a bit)

Animal form (Lion or tiger or some kind of agile animal)

can climb (rock faces, large trees, weak stone or wood walls)

Mercs start to breathe heavy allong with heartbeat (mabye vision blurring when in deadly proximity?)

cannot have armor or weapons (option for hosts for armor, animals cant use weapons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif)

instead of a sonic alarm generator it can be; survival (after everyone but one is dead a 1 or
2min timer starts if he survives he wins),

escape (get to the choppa!!),

mabye sonic alarm or somthing similar,

Hunt (mercs are trying to kill the predator/animal mabye a minimum of 2 preds with only one respawn for everyone.)

Bot preds (all players are mercs and there are 4 bots that are preds that stalk and kill mercs one at a time)

Stalk (Pred has one shot kill and 2 respawns, the mercs have one life, for the predator to win they must stalk and kill their prey secretly or risk dying)

Cave hunt (because i love terror caverns so much a cave animal or somthing dark colored in a dank cave and the mercs are trying to get out or into the cave. OR through a cave from the entrance to exit much like escape)

any more ideas would be apreciated

REMEMBER!! its an ANIMAL no superpowers just like an actual african predator or somthing to be attacking them and stalking them!

Zedm
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM

what if instead of a human with supernatural abilities we get an animal for the predator mode

all of the abilities that the predator had but in an animal to make it more realistic to the theme. thus the players would get their predator mode and the devs would keep the game more realistic.

Mercs start to breathe heavy allong with heartbeat (mabye vision blurring when in deadly proximity?)

cannot have armor or weapons (option for hosts for armor, animals cant use weapons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif)

instead of a sonic alarm generator it can be; survival (after everyone but one is dead a 1 or

Hunt (mercs are trying to kill the predator/animal mabye a minimum of 2 preds with only one respawn for everyone.)

Bot preds (all players are mercs and there are 4 bots that are preds that stalk and kill mercs one at a time)

Stalk (Pred has one shot kill and 2 respawns, the mercs have one life, for the predator to win they must stalk and kill their prey secretly or risk dying)

Cave hunt (because i love terror caverns so much a cave animal or somthing dark colored in a dank cave and the mercs are trying to get out or into the cave. OR through a cave from the entrance to exit much like escape)

REMEMBER!! its an ANIMAL no superpowers just like an actual african predator or somthing to be attacking them and stalking them!

Cjay313
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zedm:

REMEMBER!! its an ANIMAL no superpowers just like an actual african predator or somthing to be attacking them and stalking them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As much as i would like to see a Predator mode there are some flaws in your idea.

1. There are no lions or tigers and if there are in the game , they don't attack.
2. A tiger/Lion vs a team of armed soldiers? It would be shot down in seconds.

Zedm
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
The point of this is because im seeing predator modes shot down constantly because everybody says the devs want the game to be realistic.

so what i say is that the preds can be somthing that would fit with the theme and still be insanly fun for everyone .

what do you think of the ideas for minimodes though?

also a lion or tiger was just a reference point but being shot down in seconds all depends on the persons style of play. as anyone who has played me on FCIP knows that even with no armor and 15 vs 1 odds im still going to kill most of you because i know how to get them silently.

but im rambling

so just tell me what you think

Zulu_598
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I could see a "Juggernaut/VIP" type mode with a player being the "Jackal" and possibly having double the health or armor but no special powers or animals being used.

R1ZN0
07-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I want to see a game type where an attacking force has to push back the defenders in multiple stages of a map... in a linear fashion, once the defenders loose part of the map they can no longer reclaim it or spawn there.. this would lead to very tactical mp games where strats can be used and practiced. unlike bf2 where its a zoo of players running from flag to flag just waiting for enough people to die

I even thought of a cool name for it... Assault!!