PDA

View Full Version : Flak And AAA

AutoPilot2005
03-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to reduce the rate of fire on flak guns. What does ROF mean? And Sleep? I cant seem to figure this out. HElp Please

Nimits
03-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Sleep is the time (in minutes and seconds)elapsed before the gun will start shooting.

ROF is the rate of fire (actually reload time) of the guns; 1.0 is historical, 5.0 is 5 times slower than historical, 0.2 is 5 times faster than historical.

Enforcer572005
03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
the rof is only availible in ships....make the ships rookies and increase the rof...i use 20 alot to make them survivable. 100 makes them almost useless. If you want to survive against ships, you have to make them rookie and use a comparable number. if yhou wanna simulate the kamikaze attacks etc wiht lots of planes getting hit, make them more skilled and higher rof.

the only way to reduce the ground based experten AA is to reduce the number, and sometimes the types of AA guns. A single 40mm seems to be more dangerous than 3 25mm. i never use more than a single 40 at a target if i want any of the opposition to survive. you can put 3 or 4 large guns and still have a chance, but the 85 and 88mm guns can be accurate at times. i found that 3 at a target location gives you an excellent chance of survival, but it goes down considerably more once you get past that...

just my own observations, maybe not entirely accurate.

AutoPilot2005
03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Thank You. That will be a big help for my mission building. By the way, that is a very nice looking girl..ahem... I mean Plane.. in the picture. Again, thanks for the help.

RAF__Swede51
03-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi
This is just what I've been wondering about for a while.

When I'm setting up an airfield AAA defence I don't really know what kind of guns to include.
The Artillary list doesn't tell me if the guns are Russian, German or what.. When I place one on the map it will show up as Red or Blue.
But what I really want to know is, what is the most effective gun for airfield defence? So far I have not found it..
What would you place on an Allied airfield and what would you put on a German airfield?
Is there any difference between static and regular artillary?
Both sides have several types of half-track AAA..

I have a mission where some Fw190's are flying around the Allied Island airbase, fairly low, on the Normandy map and they were not even hit once. I have some M5 75mm and some 40mm Bofers guns. Most of the 75mm guns weren't even shooting at the enemy planes??

Anyway some expertise on this would be much appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lowfighter
03-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by RAF__Swede51:
Hi

When I'm setting up an airfield AAA defence I don't really know what kind of guns to include.
The Artillary list doesn't tell me if the guns are Russian, German or what.. When I place one on the map it will show up as Red or Blue.
But what I really want to know is, what is the most effective gun for airfield defence? So far I have not found it..
What would you place on an Allied airfield and what would you put on a German airfield?

I have a mission where some Fw190's are flying around the Allied Island airbase, fairly low, on the Normandy map and they were not even hit once. I have some M5 75mm and some 40mm Bofers guns. Most of the 75mm guns weren't even shooting at the enemy planes??

Anyway some expertise on this would be much appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

check this:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/50910533/m...381005114#1381005114 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/50910533/m/1381005114/r/1381005114#1381005114)

RAF__Swede51
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
lowfighter thanks.. Good discussion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jeanba2
03-30-2006, 01:59 AM
You can also adjust the firing distance : thus insuring that only a small number of guns will fire at once.
For instance, 2 guns at a distance of 500 m from each other, set the firing distance at 200 m ..

PBNA-Boosher
03-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by RAF__Swede51:
Hi

Those M5 75mm guns are artillery, not Anti-aircraft artillery. Here are the AA and AAA guns in game: (not counting AA tanks)
Russian:
7.62mm AA
25mm
85mm

US & UK:
7.62mm AA
.50 cal AA
40mm Bofors (static and wheeled)
(Historically the US used a 90mm gun for heavy AAA, but as we don't have it, the 88 or 85mm replaces it well)

German:
20mm
88mm

Japanese:
20mm AAA
2 25mm AAA
3 25mm AAA
75mm AAA

That's what I can remember off the top of my head. Other vehicles can fight against planes, for example:
Allied:
ZIS-5 AA
ZSU-37
M-16

Axis:
Opel Blitz Maultier AA
Nimrod
Wirbelwind
Sdkfz.251 (APC)
etc...

RAF__Swede51
03-31-2006, 01:19 AM
PBNA-Boosher; Thanks.. That info is a big help.