PDA

View Full Version : Lagging with 1.3 multiplayer

MooShoePork
11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Greetings,

I happen to recently install the 1.3 patch released by Crytek. Initially, all went well, until I tried to play the multiplayer. No matter which server I join, I always seem to be excessively "lagging". Despite my ping averaging around 78, with which I experienced little problem with in 1.2, the gameplay around me constantly freezes with 1.3, making it mostly unplayable. This problem appears to occur more frequently with FFA games. I've tried other multiplayer based games like Battlefield Vietnam to see if my DSL connection suddenly got screwed up somehow, but the gameplay was just fine. So I then uninstalled and reinstalled FarCry, then installed the 1.3 patch, but ran into the same problem with multiplayer. Any suggestions?

System specs:
Pentium 4 3.4 ghz
Geforce 6800 Ultra 256 Mb
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
1 Gb of RAM

MooShoePork
11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Greetings,

I happen to recently install the 1.3 patch released by Crytek. Initially, all went well, until I tried to play the multiplayer. No matter which server I join, I always seem to be excessively "lagging". Despite my ping averaging around 78, with which I experienced little problem with in 1.2, the gameplay around me constantly freezes with 1.3, making it mostly unplayable. This problem appears to occur more frequently with FFA games. I've tried other multiplayer based games like Battlefield Vietnam to see if my DSL connection suddenly got screwed up somehow, but the gameplay was just fine. So I then uninstalled and reinstalled FarCry, then installed the 1.3 patch, but ran into the same problem with multiplayer. Any suggestions?

System specs:
Pentium 4 3.4 ghz
Geforce 6800 Ultra 256 Mb
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
1 Gb of RAM

Demise14
11-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Try running the game with different video settings.

Huntsman33
11-12-2004, 01:54 PM
I doubt video settings are causing the lag issue, not with his system anyway. I assume you have checked that it isn't your frame rate making it appear that you have lag, when it is actually poor frame rate. And yes, even with a killer system you can see some real dips in FPS on some areas of the maps if they are full. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Are you seeing lag on every single server, or just some? Is it right from the moment you join?

MooShoePork
11-12-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm averaging around 70 FPS on full multiplayer maps. Initially, the game starts out ok, but after a little time it starts lagging and soon gets to an unplayable condition. This problem occurs with every server, but is most problematic with FFA type servers, where the problem starts to show immediately.

Huntsman33
11-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi

I assume they fixed it, and also with your system it should be an issue as I suspect you don't have this setting, but what setting have you got lighting set to? There was a memory leak issue if lighting was set to low that caused a slow build up of lag.
IF it's not that I'm not sure what would really cause it to be this bad for you on every server. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MooShoePork
11-13-2004, 04:45 AM
It seems as if Crytek screws up FarCry even further with each successive patch. I've sent a request to UBI support for assistance, but haven't received a response for 5 days now. Either I wait for patch 1.4 (yeah right) to be released, or just wait for my preordered Half-Life 2 to be shipped (much shorter). I think I can do just fine with the multiplayer BattleField Vietnam and its diverse selection of active mods for now. Oh well, thanks for the help.

gain967
11-13-2004, 03:56 PM
The freezes, or so called hiccups are a byproduct of sm3.0, that has already been talked about. but the lag is a synchronization issue with the ubi servers. This was an issue also when 1.2 came out, and they fixed the lag on 1.2 servers. They have to service their servers, so this lag issue in 1.3 can be solved.

MooShoePork
11-13-2004, 05:04 PM
I do remember having synchronization issues with 1.2 before that issue mysteriously disappeared after some time, maybe that will happen with 1.3 too. Thanks for the confidence boost.