PDA

View Full Version : Just dreaming aloud here.

SlyHawke
10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I now that most of you out there are going to grill me about this but its just something that I've had in my head for a long time. What if the assassin had a longrange attack. What I'm thinking of is a dagger throwing move that you could use on a priest or mage who is running away from your attack. The attack wouldnt do much damage so it wouldnt be a very effective longrange attack but could be used to finish off an enemy before he gets away or she heals herself. Now, to keep people from spamming it, say the ability could only be used twice, taking half of your mana each time (one for each dagger). Your mana would recharge and when you had atleast half of your mana back, one dagger would be ready for throwing. Finally, what if it took a lot of skill points to get, to keep assassins from getting first thing into the game. Feel free to express your opinions (im sure most of them wont be happy ones). Just wanted to throw that out there. If you have a dream or somthing that has been bugging you for a long time that you think would be cool to add to the SP or the MP, post it here.

SlyHawke
10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I now that most of you out there are going to grill me about this but its just something that I've had in my head for a long time. What if the assassin had a longrange attack. What I'm thinking of is a dagger throwing move that you could use on a priest or mage who is running away from your attack. The attack wouldnt do much damage so it wouldnt be a very effective longrange attack but could be used to finish off an enemy before he gets away or she heals herself. Now, to keep people from spamming it, say the ability could only be used twice, taking half of your mana each time (one for each dagger). Your mana would recharge and when you had atleast half of your mana back, one dagger would be ready for throwing. Finally, what if it took a lot of skill points to get, to keep assassins from getting first thing into the game. Feel free to express your opinions (im sure most of them wont be happy ones). Just wanted to throw that out there. If you have a dream or somthing that has been bugging you for a long time that you think would be cool to add to the SP or the MP, post it here.

Kevin_N.
10-02-2006, 02:44 PM
That aint a good idea.
How about running after the mage or the Priestress? And the warrior should be the only one who has to run towards the enemy? Everybody uses his longranged attack?
NO THANKS

VIentos
10-02-2006, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlyHawke:
I now that most of you out there are going to grill me about this but its just something that I've had in my head for a long time. What if the assassin had a longrange attack. What I'm thinking of is a dagger throwing move that you could use on a priest or mage who is running away from your attack. The attack wouldnt do much damage so it wouldnt be a very effective longrange attack but could be used to finish off an enemy before he gets away or she heals herself. Now, to keep people from spamming it, say the ability could only be used twice, taking half of your mana each time (one for each dagger). Your mana would recharge and when you had atleast half of your mana back, one dagger would be ready for throwing. Finally, what if it took a lot of skill points to get, to keep assassins from getting first thing into the game. Feel free to express your opinions (im sure most of them wont be happy ones). Just wanted to throw that out there. If you have a dream or somthing that has been bugging you for a long time that you think would be cool to add to the SP or the MP, post it here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You have to be joking. Assassin is already almost a better warrior than a warrior now you want to add the power of an archer to it?

Get your kills in by subterfuge, or deal. This is intended to be a class and team game (for MP) and you want to make it a deathmatch quake rocket fest?

Personally, I don't care what they do with SP so long as it is challenging and fun.

Lord_crapalot
10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Not a good idea in multiplayer. Its in the SP, prob where you got the idea from, and i would love to see the MP become more like the SP, but it may be too hard to make at present time, considering the amount of people and different classes in the game.

meetsandwich
10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
to be honest, i like the idea. What it needs though is that if you did throw the dagger, you'd lose it until you die. I.e. you will lose half of your damage and mean you must backstab much more.
In that way, if you are both on low health, you could make the sacrifice knowing you'll die soon anyway, ore you could chose not to and try and go for a different kill...