PDA

View Full Version : 'My Plane Difficulty' toggles quit working

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Hello,

I am posting this for the second time, as my first post about this which was on the board for at least several minutes, completely disappeared without a trace along with a reply I made in another thread where I tried to help someone out.

If I Start the sim and go to the My Plane Difficulty Options the toggles in there work fine. But if I fly for a while and then go back to those options, the toggles no longer work, at all, including the Novice, Veteran, and Ace setting toggles. There is one exception, the Units toggle still works. But to get the rest working I have to exit and the sim and restart it. I realize this may be related to the 'Cities' toggle bug not working in the Graphics Options section, but I thought I should still make you aware of this just in case.

Jim

3.06 Ghz Intel P4 on Asus P4T533-C(533 MHz FSB), 1 GB PC1066 Samsung RDRAM, NEC MultiSync FE2111SB 22" Monitor, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Videocard w/ v3.7 Catalyst Drivers, DirectX 9.0b, Creative Audigy2 Soundcard, 120 GB w/8 MB Cache Western Digital HD, MS Sidewinder FFB2, WinXP Pro SP1.

"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Hello,

I am posting this for the second time, as my first post about this which was on the board for at least several minutes, completely disappeared without a trace along with a reply I made in another thread where I tried to help someone out.

If I Start the sim and go to the My Plane Difficulty Options the toggles in there work fine. But if I fly for a while and then go back to those options, the toggles no longer work, at all, including the Novice, Veteran, and Ace setting toggles. There is one exception, the Units toggle still works. But to get the rest working I have to exit and the sim and restart it. I realize this may be related to the 'Cities' toggle bug not working in the Graphics Options section, but I thought I should still make you aware of this just in case.

Jim

3.06 Ghz Intel P4 on Asus P4T533-C(533 MHz FSB), 1 GB PC1066 Samsung RDRAM, NEC MultiSync FE2111SB 22" Monitor, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Videocard w/ v3.7 Catalyst Drivers, DirectX 9.0b, Creative Audigy2 Soundcard, 120 GB w/8 MB Cache Western Digital HD, MS Sidewinder FFB2, WinXP Pro SP1.

"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Sammie22
11-22-2003, 12:09 PM
same problem happened for me too. I do think this is a bug in the game. Restarting the app cleared the problem for me. I guess until they can fix the issue, that's the solution. Not too big of a deal though.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Nope, not too big of a deal Sammie22. I haven't got to play the game much yet, but my biggest problem has been trying to figure out how to get the A-10(only plane I've tried so far) to stay in level flight. I've just woke up and am about to try this sim out again. But so far, the plane either wants to pitch up, or down, severely. Trying to get it to stay in level flight(getting the VSI to stay near 0) is a complete exercise in frustration so far. I hope I can figure out!

Jim

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Have you stopped the current mission your on before you try to change the options? I tried to change them while still playing a mission and I had the same problem. But once I ended the mission or exited the mission it worked. For your flight stick look here

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view.asp?name=lomac_gd&id=zulfl

I had the same pitch and roll problem. I did what the post said and it went away. Hope this helps somewhat

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Hello Indy_BIA,

Well, the ONLY time that I have tried to change the Difficulty Options was AFTER pressing 'Esc' and ending my current flight/mission. To me, there is no question that this is a bug.

As far as the frustration concerning the pitch. I figured out what cures it for me!! Yeah!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Cause if I couldn't have figured it out it would have completely kept me from being able to enjoy the sim.

What cured it for me was toggling 'Altitude Stabilization Mode' by pressing 'H' on the keyboard. That was all it took. After that it was all good!

Cheers,

Jim

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Ah ok. Good to hear you fixed something. I have some odd problems with the options too at times. I even have my plane just go crazy at times as well. Usually i have to restart the mission then it goes away. Hopefully a patch or a fix will come soon /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif