PDA

View Full Version : Lead vs Rhythm

xhermit
10-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Has anyone found an option to allow them to play chords rather than lead guitar on the "career" mode? I see how this can be done for rehearsals.

Also, in the options there seems to be an option to reset difficulties to highest/lowest setting... not sure if I noticed a difference on either of these.

Funk-n-Stein
10-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by xhermit:
Has anyone found an option to allow them to play chords rather than lead guitar on the "career" mode? I see how this can be done for rehearsals.

I was wondering about this too, I'm thinking that maybe it comes later in your progression in the career? I.E. single notes are easier, so they start you off with that? I don't know. I would prefer to learn the chorded parts first myself.

Wolfbeckett
10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
You can replace songs in the career mode with other songs, and when you do, it should give you an option on which part of the song you want to use. So you could try for example going into the Venue Manager, selecting Song A, choose "Replace song", and then replace with the chord section of Song A. Give that a go, see if it works for you.

Funk-n-Stein
10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Wolfbeckett:
You can replace songs in the career mode with other songs, and when you do, it should give you an option on which part of the song you want to use. So you could try for example going into the Venue Manager, selecting Song A, choose "Replace song", and then replace with the chord section of Song A. Give that a go, see if it works for you.

Ah, cool. I'll check that out. I really haven't gotten into all the options yet.

xhermit
10-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice. Good catch... I'll try this. Just seems like any guitar teacher would start you on chords first, although that's not conducive to fun gameplay and can be frustrating. You're either playing the chord or you're not, there's no easy/medium/hard.

AlexLifeson
10-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Was also wondering about this since Im usually better at chords / rhythm than lean anyways.

I see the COMBO thing when you choose a song. Usually there are 2-3 versions of the song, like single notes, combo 1 or combo 2. is that what they mean by lead and rhythm or is there something else im missing here?

any help appreciated