PDA

View Full Version : Does the retail version have VOIP?

qhplar
02-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Anyone with the retail version,

Does Lockdown support voice communication on multiplayer? I know the demo didn't have it, just wondering if the full version supported it.

Thanks

moose_knuckle
02-23-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't have it, but no it doesn't

Xessive
02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Actually it does. I haven't been able to play multiplayer properly to confirm it, however there is a button for "Push to talk", and a headset (mic) icon shows up.

It seems to work perfectly fine when I start a server, I just haven't had anyone to be able to test it with.

moose_knuckle
02-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Actually, it doesn't. Thats not VOIP, that is so you can tell your "AI" teammates specific commands.

From the readme:

2.2 Voice Commands

-The following is a list of valid voice commands you can use with a headset mic to issue orders to your AI teammates in Single player games:

Open Frag And Clear
Open Flash And Clear
Open And Clear
Open And Hold
Breach And Clear
Breach And Hold
Shotgun Frag And Clear
Shotgun Flash And Clear
Shotgun And Clear
Shotgun And Hold
Hammer Frag And Clear
Hammer Flash And Clear
Hammer And Clear
Hammer And Hold
Close
Climb
Operate
Disarm
Disable
Secure
Hack
Scout
Hold
Follow
Assault
Recon
Go Go Go
Move To
Suppress
Flash
Frag
Smoke
W P

Xessive
02-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Are you serious? Wow, thanks man.

That's kinda stupid though! I mean why wouldn't they implement a VoIP system?? We've beena sking for it for a while! Splinter Cell has it!

DF.BoltThrower
02-23-2006, 04:18 PM
My guess is that it'd eat too much bandwidth. I haven't been in or hosted a server with 8 people tops, for more than an hour.
The game has enough networking problems at the moment.

moose_knuckle
02-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Try a server called "Dedicated - PsB", it's running on it's own right now in a co-location, shouldn't be too bad.

UBI name: dns_server

Arachnophobia
02-23-2006, 05:30 PM
DO NOT BUY THIS POS.

Dont let them rip you off, its completely worthless.

Mr_Clark_SD
02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
no need for VOIP... most players I have seen on at one time is about 20-25... this game is dead as a doornail.