PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues - Post Up

Chibi_Chaingun
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM
**Add your problem and I will edit my original post to add it in the list so it's easy for Gabe.**

So far on the release of this game there are a number of issues. I assume most will be PC related since there are so many variables, but feel free to post your issues and platform in this format:

Format: PC

- No working nVidia 3D Vision driver for DLP/CRT users. Causing low-framerates in 3D when forced to use older drivers (1.13). (Unresolved)

- Activation Problems (Resolved! - Activation server issue is now fixed and activating is no longer having problems.)

- Cannot join anyone in multiplayer game. (Resolved!) Multiplayer seems to be working!

- Steam version of the game issues:
1. Not starting (Due to missing DLLs?)
2. No Sound
(Partly resolved - Read below)

-Other:
Crash after 20th Century Fox logo - Dunia DLL error.

UbiGabe
12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
As far as the multiplayer issues are concerend, early investigations indicate that this morning problems on the Ubisoft web infrastructure may be linked with the www.splintercell.com (http://www.splintercell.com) hack. Of course, we are trying very hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Zedrein
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
THANK YOU GABE! atleast we know you guys are working on it. but! i am in central time and yesterday at 4 pm when i first try'd MP and till now its not working. maybe its the hack but maybe it is not the hack. PLEASE Gabe keep us up to date on this problem.

max0345009
12-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I just bought the game on Steam, and there's a big problem. The game doesn't start. After adding 2 dll(D3DX9_41.dll, X3DAudio1_6.dll) everything is fine, but there's no sounds in-game... It this a known issue?

aliengmr
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by max0345009:
I just bought the game on Steam, and there's a big problem. The game doesn't start. After adding 2 dll(D3DX9_41.dll, X3DAudio1_6.dll) everything is fine, but there's no sounds in-game... It this a known issue?

I also have the same issue with the steam version. Although the .dll issue is intermittent for me, meaning sometimes the game crashes on startup then I have to re-copy the .dlls to the bin folder.

No matter what though there is still no sound, except Sigourney Weaver's dialog in the opening cinematic. In fact, that dialog and the Ubi logo are the only sounds I have heard the game make.

Chibi_Chaingun
12-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks, I added it to the top of the list. Hopefully Gabe can send these in to the team.

max0345009
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
The game has been updated and everything is working great now!

aliengmr
12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
wait, what update? when? from steam?

max0345009
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
yes the update was from Steam.

aliengmr
12-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I received an update a few hours ago but there was no change. I am reinstalling now so I will see later if works, If anyone else can confirm an update that would be helpful.

cravinmild
12-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Does anyone else notice minifreezes? Almost all the time the game freezes for several seconds then starts again. I thought the settings were too high but it is still happening with the settings lowered and it does it just as much while navigating through the menues. Reading about the plants causes this too. Each time I hold my breath thinking its going to crash to the desktop again.

aliengmr
12-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Just reinstalled, and there is no change, I can't be sure of an update unless there is confirmation of one.

TeeJayPee
12-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Hard to believe that Ubisoft put out this kind of crap. They come on here with bull**** promises of fixes and yet nothing is done. Was Ubisoft bought out by EA?

aliengmr
12-03-2009, 03:40 PM
I finally got the sound working by switching to onboard sound.

However, I did notice that it wasn't just the sound that wouldn't work but all subtitles and facial animation related to dialog was also not working.

Yulriad
12-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I was able to play last night for a few hours with no issues... tonight I crash after the 20th century fox opening video with a Dunia.dll
fault. I've deleted the dll from the bin folder and re-acquired the file... same issue continues.

Update: I deleted and then reinstalled the game... game still crashes after 20th century fox screen with Dunia.dll as the faluting module. Any help or information on this issue would be appreciated.

TeeJayPee
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Game crashes after zoom in on jet.

Updated all my drivers. Windows 7 here.

Gigabyte X48-DQ6
Intel E8400
4gb OCZ DDR2
Diamond ATI 5870, 9.11 drivers

Nothing is overclocked, all at factory settings.

It can't be my system, every other game i have runs fine, including NFS Shift. So this has got to be a problem with this game.

ms-kleaneasy
12-04-2009, 04:28 AM
We've created a feedback thread which you can find here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6391049957/m/1721080018), anyone still having issues or any other feedback please do add it to the thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Dante_One
12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by aliengmr:
I finally got the sound working by switching to onboard sound.

However, I did notice that it wasn't just the sound that wouldn't work but all subtitles and facial animation related to dialog was also not working.

didnt quite understand how made this working... could you explain a bit more detailed?

btw the ddls didnt fix my startup problem, but disabling kaspersky did the trick. didnt know why it havent ask me to allow avatar...

Yulriad
12-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Ok I figured out the Dunia.dll issue. If you change your display options to use directx 10 instead of 9, the next time you start up the game you may get this error. To avoid the issue... change the directx version back to 9 before you quit the game. I'm sure not everyone will encounter this issue, but for those who do... here's a solution that may work.

DarkKrisse
12-05-2009, 02:43 AM
i bought the CE and have 2 bonus codes but every time i try to login i get that the server is not available at this time. when will it be? or what is wrong if it is and i just can't connect?

Zedrein
12-05-2009, 10:26 PM
one problem i have with the game is it seems to alt+tab for now reason some times.

klw89
12-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Platform: Xbox 360

Problem:

RDA Campaign>Hanging Gardens

Did not report to Winslow for orders to kill Harper before entering the Lost Cathedral on Midori's orders to tune the Willow tree. Upon reporting back to Midori, the Lost Cathedral entrance has disappeared and there are no objectives on the map, but I am still ordered to kill Harper. Cannot finish level.

janel5
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Platform: PC

Problem:

At some random point, the in game(not cut-sceen) dialogs just skip to the end by them selves(I just press F and I immediately the the quest objective screen), restarting the game solves this problem for some time but as I said this occurs at random

Does anyone have the same problem?

sonic4997v3
12-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I find it happens when you go into that risk like minigame. When you come back to regular play no one talks anymore. Now I just quit to main menu and load back in to fix it.

Zocus
01-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by janel5:
...restarting the game solves this problem for some time but as I said this occurs at random

Does anyone have the same problem?

hi.
this bug is really annoying. It occurs not at random basis but until you press Esc to change weapons/skills or browse pandorapedia. Well, when you see exclamation point or question mark, just quit to main menu and reload the game.

vear07
01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
In the Na'vi campaing, the game locks up before first time riding a banshee. It locked 3 times, then i was able to continue playing after the 4'th try.

In multiplayer, i was killed, but was able to run around as dead. Other players apparently didn't see me, i wasn't able to use any skills, nor to heal self at a pod. Only thing i could do is to disconnect from the server.

Grendolai
01-07-2010, 07:58 AM
This is why I play on the PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pericapolis
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I aslo have the same problem, I'm running on Windows Vista and I don't have any sound despite Sigourney Weaver talking in the initial dialog, the ubisoft intro and the video intro in the game where yo see the ship coming down to the surface. There is no other kind of sound, no music or voice.

I tried putting the sound config to 48000Hz, but still nothing.
Please could someone help me with this?

Thanks!