PDA

View Full Version : question about pc version of graw

raventwo
02-20-2006, 04:09 AM
here is my questions:
1.i have just buy myself a new x1800xt 512mb card,so does graw(pc) support fsaa and af?
2.i did watch a video preview of graw(xbox360),and they say that only xbox360 can use crosscom is true?
3.will pc have the same missions as the xbox360 has?

i will buy the game when it is comming out.i think that ubisoft shoud focus more on pc,and not only the xbox360.ubisoft give us a pc demo and some videos please.

pearcie_no1
02-20-2006, 05:20 AM
UBI has left pretty much all of us in the dark.
1. At a guess I would say that yes, it will support FSAA as most games these days do.

2. X360 will have different HUD features to PC. This is because we (the PC fanboys) thought it would be arcady to have all those dancing red diamonds and things all over the HUD so although we still have a HUD that seems fairly similar, there will be things we can turn off and things that will be different.

3. PC and X360 both have different developers. I think X360 is being done by RSE? and GR:AW is being done by GRIN. correct me if I'm wrong there someone. I'm not sure if the levels will be different. I seem to remember hearing that they will be, or at least the multiplayer ones will be anyway. But if they use the same basic layouts for the levels in the different versions, I'd say there will still be differences.

Hope that answers something. I'm pretty sure about most of what I've said but if I'm wrong about anything, someone correct me pls. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

deosl
02-20-2006, 06:10 AM
The X box 360 version has to teams working on it. Redstorm is working on the Multiplayer & Ubi Paris is working on the Singleplayer portion.

I belive the red diamonds will be in the PC version aswell, but this is removeable.
I think all versions will feature crosscoms as it is the main theme in GRAW.

DayGlow
02-20-2006, 10:01 AM
my understanding is that the diamonds are an option in PC, but the coloured outline of people is a 360 feature.

pearcie_no1
02-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah that's what I figured. The HUD's features will be removable. Some will be gone all together. So while the cross-com will still be in it, it sounds like it will differ from the X360 version. Maybe only subtle differences though.

Ci2e1x
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow:
my understanding is that the diamonds are an option in PC, but the coloured outline of people is a 360 feature.

You've got to be kidding me. Only the x360 is powerful enough to outline enemies in red? That is totally absured! I think UBI is trying to rush this title onto every platform as fast as they can. Why is the PC version not coming out when the x360 version does? To boost x360 sales!

Cobblers
02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
^^ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif You've been to GR.NET's forum, haven't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WhiteKnight77
02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Cobblers:
^^ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif You've been to GR.NET's forum, haven't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

He's been reading my rants about this here I think. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

DayGlow
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ci2e1x:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DayGlow:

You've got to be kidding me. Only the x360 is powerful enough to outline enemies in red? That is totally absured! I think UBI is trying to rush this title onto every platform as fast as they can. Why is the PC version not coming out when the x360 version does? To boost x360 sales! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1)where is it said that the fancy shmancy outlines are only possible on 360?
2)is that a make it or break it feature for you? Coloured outlines?

I think the majority of people here would agree that the outlines are outlandish and are glad this feature is not on the PC.

AlphaDelta219
02-20-2006, 06:17 PM
the outlines were a way of saying. if your to ******ed to find the enemies here is soem unnecsiary eyecandy to help you out.

Cobblers
02-20-2006, 06:19 PM
^ Thank Jesus they thought about me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ci2e1x
02-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ci2e1x:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DayGlow:

You've got to be kidding me. Only the x360 is powerful enough to outline enemies in red? That is totally absured! I think UBI is trying to rush this title onto every platform as fast as they can. Why is the PC version not coming out when the x360 version does? To boost x360 sales! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the majority of people here would agree that the outlines are outlandish and are glad this feature is not on the PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me the more the better I'd rather have a feature available to toggle on/off rather than it not being available at all. All you GR1 fans ruin it for the rest of us. If a next-gen game doesn't carry the same principals a game had 10 years ago you come in here and step on everyone's toes. It's life its not fair. You have to remember they can't make everyone happy.

To clarify with the outlining feature it would make it easy to see what an enemy is up to. Is the opfor loading an RPG and about to fire? Is he reloading his gun which is a perfect opportunity to ambush? More the merrier just because their making it flashy on the x360 doesn't mean they shouldn't include those features for the PC!

There is always settings and options and they are usually easier to get to on a PC than a console...

bstk
02-21-2006, 01:07 AM

I think the majority of people here would agree that the outlines are outlandish and are glad this feature is not on the PC.

For me the more the better I'd rather have a feature available to toggle on/off rather than it not being available at all. All you GR1 fans ruin it for the rest of us. If a next-gen game doesn't carry the same principals a game had 10 years ago you come in here and step on everyone's toes. It's life its not fair. You have to remember they can't make everyone happy.

To clarify with the outlining feature it would make it easy to see what an enemy is up to. Is the opfor loading an RPG and about to fire? Is he reloading his gun which is a perfect opportunity to ambush? More the merrier just because their making it flashy on the x360 doesn't mean they shouldn't include those features for the PC!

There is always settings and options and they are usually easier to get to on a PC than a console... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, they should not be in the PC version. They are absurd.

I hope you saying is right about the GR1 fans ruining it for the rest of the arcade fans.

capteenix
02-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by bstk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ci2e1x:

There is always settings and options and they are usually easier to get to on a PC than a console... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, they should not be in the PC version. They are absurd.

I hope you saying is right about the GR1 fans ruining it for the rest of the arcade fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well as far as i know in the middle of the fight you will need them *equipments. How then you think that four men squad wins whole mexicon army?!!?!??! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Actually, You wont say "i dont want these Red diamonds, because it exploids whole fun" in real-life, wont you?

Red diamonds show you only these targets, who are seen by your teammates, drones and vehicles! unseen soldier, wont be highlighted! and can kill you easily! its not that good and easy!!!

ColinCJ
02-21-2006, 01:57 AM
One small point about the red diamonds, target indicators.

Please remember these maps are huge, with many avialable ways of getting some where, The tac map and Enemy information system will be really usefull. In both versions.

Colin

Cobblers
02-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Things are bound to become more accetpable and understandable once we actually get our hands on a demo, so to better understand why we need some of these features.

And don't we have something like red diamonds on GR at the moment. Last time I looked on map, it showed me any tango's on screen that had been spotted by any of my fellow players.

WhiteKnight77
02-21-2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Cobblers:
Things are bound to become more accetpable and understandable once we actually get our hands on a demo, so to better understand why we need some of these features.

And don't we have something like red diamonds on GR at the moment. Last time I looked on map, it showed me any tango's on screen that had been spotted by any of my fellow players.

Only on the command map and not in the game world. You have to pick the enemy out by the mark 1 eyeball.

buddhiraja
02-21-2006, 07:48 AM
All you GR1 fans ruin it for the rest of us.
GR fans expressing their opinions on the GR forums about the next GR game #&@*!! HoW dare they ! They should all be banned. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

It's life its not fair. You have to remember they can't make everyone happy.

You are right as usual. This time it is your turn to be unhappy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif