PDA

View Full Version : Current gen and next gen... whats the difference

SeanLuki
04-15-2006, 07:17 AM
i have heard about both DA as a current gen and a next gen game. whats the difference and what execly is current and next gen??

SeanLuki
04-15-2006, 07:17 AM
i have heard about both DA as a current gen and a next gen game. whats the difference and what execly is current and next gen??

SplintacellDA
04-15-2006, 08:08 AM
there is a huge difference between the current and next gen version. The current gen version doesnt have as good graphics for 1, the levels arnt as complete as the next gen, for example in the prision break level. In the next gen version youll actually be able to start the riot and see the whole riot happening. In the current gen version you can only hear the riot happening.
also current gen version has spy versus spy, next gen has spy versus merc. Thats only some of the 100 differences betweeen them

Red_SoN
04-15-2006, 08:13 AM
current gen are xbox standarts, next gen are xbox360 standarts....

Chief-ubi.com
04-15-2006, 08:37 AM
s v m is confirmed for PC i think

SeanLuki
04-15-2006, 09:35 AM
will u be able to buy nextgen for pc or only for xbox360

Shadow_147
04-15-2006, 09:51 AM
We're not exactly sure if Ubi are classifying pc as next-gen or not, but, since they are giving pc SvM, i'm assuming they're classifying pc as next-gen.

Iservealot
04-15-2006, 10:07 AM
The PC will be next gen. no questions asked.

Red_SoN
04-15-2006, 10:20 AM
yep..pc next gen, svm yes, svs NO

Vth_F_Smith_
04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Exactly! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chimera87
04-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Next-Gen is bs. Something isn't next generation. Every new invention should than be next generation. It's just the word that "defines" the new *cough*leet*cough* Xbox360. The difference between "Next Gen" and "Current Gen" is the better graphics.

It's all relative.

JFRESH1985
04-15-2006, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chimera87:
Next-Gen is bs. Something isn't next generation. Every new invention should than be next generation. It's just the word that "defines" the new *cough*leet*cough* Xbox360. The difference between "Next Gen" and "Current Gen" is the better graphics.

It's all relative. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you play Ghost Recon AW on the xbox 360 you will then relize that next-gen isnt just about the graphics being better, its about all the little gameplay features they have added, that couldnt be done on current gen platforms, that come together and make it a next gen experience

Garrulous
04-15-2006, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeanLuki:
i have heard about both DA as a current gen and a next gen game. whats the difference and what execly is current and next gen?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If GRAW is an indication, the PS2 and Xbox version will suck humongously, and the 360 version will pwn.

Garrulous
04-15-2006, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JFRESH1985:
If you play Ghost Recon AW on the xbox 360 you will then relize that next-gen isnt just about the graphics being better, its about all the little gameplay features they have added, that couldnt be done on current gen platforms, that come together and make it a next gen experience </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you ****ting me? Give me a farking excuse why characters in the PS2 version of GRAW look like characters from Doom 1 in 3D? Tell you what: Ubisoft is becoming EA's heir in ruining franchises (hello, R6, hello PoP!).

sb85
04-15-2006, 11:48 AM
visually, next gen pushes your pc hardware. try out tombraider legends...its a good example:
or wait..heres screenies to show u

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/sb85/trl-oldgen2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/sb85/trl-nxtgen2.jpg

Knot3D
04-15-2006, 12:08 PM
We will have to wait at least until E3 for specifics.

The only facts we have :

Ubi Shanghai does Xbox360 version & PC version
Ubi Montreal does Xbox & PS2 version

'Next gen' is a term widely used. Usually it comes down to visual features like sm3.0 HDR,
normal mapping, higher polygoncount & advanced physics.
PC version will only show you those 'next gen' graphics @ playable framerate, if you have a high end pc with a sm3.0 capable videocard.

Garrulous
04-15-2006, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sb85:
visually, next gen pushes your pc hardware. try out tombraider legends...its a good example:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/sb85/trl-nxtgen2.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang that's nice lookin'.

Eclyps3
04-15-2006, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sb85:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/sb85/trl-nxtgen2.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO, notice the Next-Gen screenshot - her hands are clipping in the rock. Goes to show you that Current Gen has better physics.
Kidding.

Anyway, "Next Gen" is made up to add up more fancy. It actually means "New/more powerful systems".

JFRESH1985
04-15-2006, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garrulous:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JFRESH1985:
If you play Ghost Recon AW on the xbox 360 you will then relize that next-gen isnt just about the graphics being better, its about all the little gameplay features they have added, that couldnt be done on current gen platforms, that come together and make it a next gen experience </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you ****ting me? Give me a farking excuse why characters in the PS2 version of GRAW look like characters from Doom 1 in 3D? Tell you what: Ubisoft is becoming EA's heir in ruining franchises (hello, R6, hello PoP!). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mybe cause they didnt giva **** about the Ps2 version?

sb85
04-15-2006, 05:52 PM
yup, tombraider is using dx9 features only. scct is full of these features, but its a dark game and thus you dont see most of the textures in its full glory. although trl is poorly optimized, and well lacking good driver support, the nextgen mode runs between 15-35fps for me. whereas the normal version runs at 145fps lol

Bourne-2Bwild
04-21-2006, 11:28 AM
No SvM on ps2 is gonna suck, thats the only reason splinter cell was fun. the single player is a joke cuz the guards are stupid and its so linear but online its a different story. Mostly everone has their own style or at least there is enuf difference to make each game unique but not so in single player. And no matter what ne one says computer opponents wont give the same amount of challenge as people (at least not right now current gen or next gen). So i think im gonna rent the game 1st and see what this SvS is all about. also if ubi cared about customer satisfaction (instead of money) they would not release the game on ps2 and xbox. They would release it on 360, pc and ps3 that way no one would feel shorted. Cuz CT was a big let down, for ps2 it was PT 1.3.