PDA

View Full Version : Delta Force

CowHunt3r3215
04-15-2008, 06:46 PM
ok to start out i know that the JSF is all the US special forces mashed together into one big family but does that include Delta Force? b/c DF isnt included in the lists of SF that make up the JSF n they are more counter-terrorist/independant than Regiment-like (like Rangers, SOAR, Marine Force Recon, etc...)

CowHunt3r3215
04-15-2008, 06:46 PM
ok to start out i know that the JSF is all the US special forces mashed together into one big family but does that include Delta Force? b/c DF isnt included in the lists of SF that make up the JSF n they are more counter-terrorist/independant than Regiment-like (like Rangers, SOAR, Marine Force Recon, etc...)

DukeCanada
04-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Yes they are.

Not to offend but you should read the book or FAQ's. They really clear much of these sorts of questions.

codbrooks1989
04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
delta force isnt counter terrorism. i think you got the green berets mixed up with delta force. delta is made up of primarly ranger they have selected to move on for special training. green berets are the guys who go in 6months to a year before all of the major forces invade a country(bet you didnt know that huh) they set up connections and gather intel and i think they may take out high value targets. but most of the time they try to blend in and carry out recon/humanitarin type missions such as provide food or medical help to win " the hearts and minds of the people"

aznpwnerp
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Spec Ops(Green Beret)
Night Stalkers
Delta force
Rangers
etc.
I think they all will be veteran units.

codbrooks1989
04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
i dont think so. i think your units will already be from those parts of the SF (dont forget airforce combat controlers, force recon, seals) hence were each unit has a "backstory" and you can name them a certain thing.

AlphaDelta219
04-15-2008, 08:07 PM
delta force is pretty much just an elite SF unit, they do the same jobs regular sf guys do, but better.

codbrooks1989
04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif he made what i said simpler lol

The_Real_Azrael
04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Other than "the JSF will be a mix of the U.S. military, specifically their Special Forces divisions"...we really don't know much at all.

I have always assumed that once you get your unit to a special veteran rank, then they will be designated as a randomly generated special forces team, or you will be able to choose and each will have it's specific advantages...............or........ they will merely just be "in" the JSF...but will have given up any previous titles to be a JSF soldier. As in, any soldier could or could not be a SF guy, but you really will never know, but you will be able to upgrade them to have the specializations of any SF units you prefer.

but those are just my own ideas and thoughts....it's all pretty much up for grabs from my understanding.

Spartas-Julius
04-15-2008, 11:58 PM
yeah cod, we all knwo a bit of military but you just make our brains twist and hurt... gota be simple, not for me, not for god, but for the poor guys who dont know their stuff so well :P including me... well alittle not too much but you get it bro :P

The_Real_Azrael
04-16-2008, 12:03 AM
I wasn't confused by Cod's explanation....it makes perfect sense.

Spartas-Julius
04-16-2008, 12:58 AM
I know that I just like to mess around with him, :P, I'm bored out of my mind what can I say.

Reconning_GRSC6
04-16-2008, 02:48 AM
The Delta Force also protect Senators, Presidents and etc. They are basically like Rainbow Six

muttbut
04-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Ok I'll try to keep this simple, right, there are several SO sytems in the US military ok, the genralised one is called SOCCOM, (special operations command), they are primarily involved in "white" special operations, SF (BTW there is only one SF in the US military, the "green berets" everyone else is either NSW,ST,SOF's) FID(forign internal defence), some DA ect, Ranger's are mostly DA(DIRECT ACTION)with other capabilites, SEAL's in martime op's, AF ST guy's PJ's for CSAR ect, CCT for air managment and control, and CW,well for weather forcasting...and other stuff

Now, Delta force, along with other unit's, (DEVGRU,ISA and others)come under JSOC, (Joint Special Operations Command|)these guy's are "black" operation's, they don't get followed for tv documentries,ect their job's are too carry out mission's in a deniable and covert way, whether it's a hostage rescue, capture of key enemy personall, infiltrating into a hostile country to gather intelligence, (there is a reason the word "operator" was coined for these guys, before it became a buzzword for every SOF guy), protection, ect, just to show how diffcult it is, yes most of the guy's in D force re ex Rangers and SF, but during selection, a huge amount of those same Ranger's and SF guy's get weeded out, the same with DEVGRU, they are SEAL's who have to go through another selection after BUD/S (look up how hard that is!!) to be allowed into DEVGRU, the best guide I can think of is this, Delta force are the US SAS, while DEVGRU are the SBS, that's just because of all the skill's they have in various fields, regular SEAL's for instance wouldn't be close to the skill set of a DEVGRU guy in MCT....

btw feel free to ask about all the acronyms if tyou don't know one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

muttbut
04-16-2008, 07:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by codbrooks1989:
delta force isnt counter terrorism. i think you got the green berets mixed up with delta force. delta is made up of primarly ranger they have selected to move on for special training. green berets are the guys who go in 6months to a year before all of the major forces invade a country(bet you didnt know that huh) they set up connections and gather intel and i think they may take out high value targets. but most of the time they try to blend in and carry out recon/humanitarin type missions such as provide food or medical help to win " the hearts and minds of the people" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually D force are the CT unit, or "special mission unit" SMU as the US mil call's it, it take's over 2 year's for a guy passing D force selection to get the basic skill's to join one of the squadrons, their job is ver dfferent to an SF unit who's main mission usually is training indig forces , CAG (another cover name for D force) main job is deep penetration missions (hehehehehe) extractions, eliminations and a load of other "tion's"

Silver-Hawk-Red
04-16-2008, 09:44 AM
What Mutt has said. DF was created in part by the SAS to begin with and as an Army counter (before or after the fact is unknown) of SEAL Team Six (No longer called that.)

But as is, Delta is the best of the best for ground based special forces.

codbrooks1989
04-16-2008, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muttbut:
Ok I'll try to keep this simple, right, there are several SO sytems in the US military ok, the genralised one is called SOCCOM, (special operations command), they are primarily involved in "white" special operations, SF (BTW there is only one SF in the US military, the "green berets" everyone else is either NSW,ST,SOF's) FID(forign internal defence), some DA ect, Ranger's are mostly DA(DIRECT ACTION)with other capabilites, SEAL's in martime op's, AF ST guy's PJ's for CSAR ect, CCT for air managment and control, and CW,well for weather forcasting...and other stuff

Now, Delta force, along with other unit's, (DEVGRU,ISA and others)come under JSOC, (Joint Special Operations Command|)these guy's are "black" operation's, they don't get followed for tv documentries,ect their job's are too carry out mission's in a deniable and covert way, whether it's a hostage rescue, capture of key enemy personall, infiltrating into a hostile country to gather intelligence, (there is a reason the word "operator" was coined for these guys, before it became a buzzword for every SOF guy), protection, ect, just to show how diffcult it is, yes most of the guy's in D force re ex Rangers and SF, but during selection, a huge amount of those same Ranger's and SF guy's get weeded out, the same with DEVGRU, they are SEAL's who have to go through another selection after BUD/S (look up how hard that is!!) to be allowed into DEVGRU, the best guide I can think of is this, Delta force are the US SAS, while DEVGRU are the SBS, that's just because of all the skill's they have in various fields, regular SEAL's for instance wouldn't be close to the skill set of a DEVGRU guy in MCT....

btw feel free to ask about all the acronyms if tyou don't know one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

see i tryed to be nice and make it simple and here you had to go and make some poor kids head explode lol. and yes of course delta weeds out the ranger canidates. they are two diffrent MOS types. just because your a hell of a ranger doesnt mean you have what it takes to be delta. and not all guys are ranger (98% are)

Spartas-Julius
04-16-2008, 09:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

That is all.

Reconning_GRSC6
04-17-2008, 01:50 AM
There also the CIA SAD (Special Activities Division) now that I want to know more about.

Joonho
05-10-2008, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by codbrooks1989:
delta force isnt counter terrorism. i think you got the green berets mixed up with delta force. delta is made up of primarly ranger they have selected to move on for special training. green berets are the guys who go in 6months to a year before all of the major forces invade a country(bet you didnt know that huh) they set up connections and gather intel and i think they may take out high value targets. but most of the time they try to blend in and carry out recon/humanitarin type missions such as provide food or medical help to win " the hearts and minds of the people" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Delta Force (Delta, SFOD-D, etc.) IS Counter-Terrorism

Joonho
05-10-2008, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aznpwnerp:
Spec Ops(Green Beret)
Night Stalkers
Delta force
Rangers
etc.
I think they all will be veteran units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Delta Force is just a part of SpecOps. SpecOps is made up of Alpha (SFOD-A), Bravo (SFOD-B), Charlie (SFOD-C), and Delta (SFOD-D). Where delta is the Delta Force