PDA

View Full Version : Volume levels...

Xenithar
08-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Alright, I have one highly annoying problem with SH4. The game is ultra-silent! Every other game I own (and I own a LOT) runs fine, but the crew and some of the sound effects are rather quiet on my system. I do have a 4.1 surround system on this machine, coupled to a real Audigy II, not some built-in soundcard. Any ideas? The crew/voice volume slider is maxed, but it is still quiet and I must turn up the speakers themselves while playing SH4, but then Windows sounds are insanely loud, should they go off during a game.

Xenithar
08-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Alright, I have one highly annoying problem with SH4. The game is ultra-silent! Every other game I own (and I own a LOT) runs fine, but the crew and some of the sound effects are rather quiet on my system. I do have a 4.1 surround system on this machine, coupled to a real Audigy II, not some built-in soundcard. Any ideas? The crew/voice volume slider is maxed, but it is still quiet and I must turn up the speakers themselves while playing SH4, but then Windows sounds are insanely loud, should they go off during a game.

Yooperbacker
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Hello Xenithar,
I am not sure if you are in a career or not but menu options have to be made for each career. When your in the Office look to the left and move your mouse over the books and you will see a book come out that says - Options.
You can set your sound volume there.

fred8615
08-06-2008, 07:26 AM
The books only load or save games. The radio on the shelf is for options.

I have to turn my sound up all the way too in order to hear properly. I don't usually run anything in the background while I'm playing, so Windows sounds aren't a problem for me. You may just have to turn some stuff off before playing.

Yooperbacker
08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Sorry about telling people the options is in a Book fred8615, I just thought it was there. It has been awhile since I had to use it.
I suppose you also know that the sound on your computer is controlled by 3 different volume controls. If one is set low the sound will be low.
Game volume, Sound & Audio Devices and Sound card volume Control.

RockinRobbins
08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
That being said, even with in-game volume set to highest levels the sound level coming out of SH4 is much lower than any other software source on my computer. I guess that is supposed to be normal. I'd use the recommendations above.

EW2Baird
08-09-2008, 01:22 AM
The in game audio is quite low for the voices and such. If you turn it too high though, you will find out that the other sounds are still quite loud. I had hoped the patches would have fixed this but they have not. Just drop the sound fx volume in game and then it should be okay to just raise your vol settings.