PDA

View Full Version : movies

wickedgenius
04-27-2006, 09:56 AM
How do you make movies of maps from the far cry game without buying any special hardware. i have a pc and dvd recorder thats all. please help me

Extra_Extra_Guy
04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
If you have a ubs(or ubc, sorry mind is a little foggy today) cord then all you have to do is tranfer the file from there to your computer. You make a folder with the file then there you go. Put in on Youtube or Photosite.

wickedgenius
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
What file are you talking about and where from i want to know how to record it to start with.

Extra_Extra_Guy
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
When you record something and want to tranfer it to the computer it is already a file. After transfering the files to your computer it opens up a screen with all trhe files in it. You copy all of the files you want from the window and put them in a new folder. Recording with a dvd recorder I have no idea since I always use a digital camera for my recordings...sorry. You also need the cord I stated before in the previous post. If you do not have one you cant tranfer the file. (There are other mthods but they are harder to do.)

wickedgenius
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
okay thanks great ill try recording on dvd and then putting it on movie editor

Extra_Extra_Guy
04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Your welcome Wicked. If you need anything else you should PM me instead of posting it here.

phidave
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Not sure you guys were talking about the same thing?

Wicked: To make a "movie" of a Far Cry map you need a capture device of some kind. The one I use (also used by others around here) is made by "Dazzel". There are different versions, the one I use is the VC-90 and cost about $75-80 at Best Buy. In essence you solit the video feed from your xbox to your TV and then to this device that is hooked up via USB to your PC. It then allows you to "capture" footage of the map, gameplay, etc...you then can edit that with included software. I'm not aware of any otehr way to capture video than with a device and software like this...

Extra: I think you were talking about moving actual map files from the xbox to the PC (or vice-versa)? The device you were talking about I think is the Datel - 360 USB transfer unit (or Action Replay?) which requires a 360 memory card also? BTW? there's actually a few threads about this unit around these forums somewhere (maybe the Pred forum?)

Extra_Extra_Guy
04-27-2006, 10:53 AM
No I was talking about tranfering recorded videos from a dvd recorder or a digital camera to the PC via usb. I have action replay as well but I wasnt talking about map files only video files.

DasKulThomas
04-27-2006, 02:23 PM
DVD Recorder, your awnser is right there dumbo. connect your xbox (or 360, mine mine!) to the DVD recorder, record, put the disc in your pc (if it can run dvds) rip the film to your harddrive and edit it with movie maker or something. sometimes i wonder why these dumbos can afford a 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

man i film it with digicam http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

wickedgenius
04-27-2006, 02:46 PM
thats what i was gonna try i just didnt know if it would work cause i dont think you can put dvd media on movie maker

DasKulThomas
04-27-2006, 03:09 PM
yes you do (first try out before you ask $@#&)

mambonuts
04-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Settle down G36...

DasKulThomas
04-28-2006, 12:36 PM
forgive me, lord moderator (no sarcasm meant)