PDA

View Full Version : Pier with a machete *SPOILER*

CptLong
12-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I truly didn't think it was possible, especially for me, a very average player. But, after 2 days of study and trials, I made the run. It took about 4 hours to complete. For those who say "Stealth" in Far Cry doesn't exist. I say Humbug! The only mod I did was add the machete by the door at the start. I did this, because I started the map fresh, rather than enter from Fort. I killed one merc with the 4x4, all the rest were with the machete or avoided. Procedure: Medium difficulty
At start, immediately go right and prone, so the start door is between you and the mercs. Watch with binocs. One merc will go behind the hill. When he does, move and swing machete to alert merc. The one merc advanced and walked right to me..whack #1. Pop up, run to the next forward bush when patroling merc goes behind hill. Same drill. The other 2 were harder. They both advanced and I rushed them and got them both with no health left. Grab the armor and health, use glider.
Immediately go into a dive, skimming the top of the saddle in the hill in front, dive hard to the path and flare under the trees, run for overhead cover. The chopper will stay with you for awhile. Work your way to get a visual on the machine gun nest, throw rock, retreat to cover, keep luring merc. Slash him and work your way to the nest. Chopper should be gone by now. Rush the nest, stop at base. One merc will stay on gun. When you get there, he'll come down the steps, whack.
Work yor way up the right side to first tower. Binoc, then low crawl, keeping vegetation between you and 2 mercs. At base of tower, throw rocks towards camp. When radar shows mercs looking away, ascend and whack-whack.
Next is fun. Descend hill go right and stay along cliff wall. Binoc 6-7 mercs in group. When close, low crawl right past to the path and save point. Cross over left and follow wall all the way to opposite the tower. Both tower mercs will spot you, but won't alert or fire as long as you cover. At the base of tower, I got killed by low crawling to hut to get explosive charge. Sniper in far tower shot, and all *^^%%$ broke loose. On second attempt, pop up and RUN to hut. Sniper won't have time to shoot. Grab pack, straight out and low crawl back to path entrance. Cross path and now low crawl along the other wall face, until you get to the Ammo hut. Now, it gets hairy. From the back, run along the right side, around and into hut, set charge, go to front room. You don't need the key, since you are not using weapons. The mercs are now alerted, the explosion, when I did it, killed a couple. Ala Regulator, run out the door swinging, and try to make it to the buggy. When driving off, weave left and right, because a rocket will be headed up your tail pipe.
Head up the draw to the right, out run the hidden 4x4 , and work your way right. A helicopter will now be with you for quite a while. You will hit the stream well right of the roadblock, cross and hit the deck to avoid chopper. From there you go up and over and come to a stream, jump and swim towards the end.
Before getting there, go up and left to high ground. The chopper laid heavy fire on me a one point and drew 5-6 mercs my way. Now came an hour of cat and mouse. From steep high ground, rock chunking got the mercs trying to scale a steep hill in single file. Two made it up by the tree I was hiding behind, whack whack. Two were killed when they threw grenades that rolled back. I finally rushed the other two, but only got one. I made it to cover with no health showing. I doubled back and worked my way to the rocket tower. Diverted his attention and whack! Drat! No health pack, but at least he was out of the equation. Across the road, and through the jungle, I made it to the hootch. I ran in, grabbed a health pack, stole the 4x4 and ran over that last pesky merc. That left three at the pier.
I crossed over to the big rock opposite the pier and threw rocks. 2 of the mercs went into the water. One was close to shore. I low crawled close and whack. The other was hiding behind a crate on the pier. Divert his attention, whack. The last merc was under the pier. I dove in, and whack whack under water.
Level over.
I was as tired as if I had really done it!!

Aserp
12-30-2005, 03:50 AM
Ooooh, nice work.

I can't get a machete kill in without sprinting and clicking as if it was Counter-Strike. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Greg_Gauntlet
12-30-2005, 05:07 PM
I would just like to say I really enjoy reading about your "Machete adventures" Cpt.

There's just nothing else I can add to such a thread at the moment, but I am sure a lot of people enjoy it.

In other words and shorter:

Don't stop just because the threads get few replies.

CptLong
12-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Greg
Thanks
I was afraid it was too long. I try to keep it short, but its hard to sum up several hours of play, in a short post. Just to re-affirm, stealth is VERY possible, so 'boo'to those who complain about getting shot a 'mile off'. I'm was playing FORT. I have a screen shot I should post, low crawled right up to the feet of a merc in the woods by the base of the steps. Just finished FORT with machete and three flash bangs. So many different routes! I'll try to post method tomorrow.

GetCool
01-03-2006, 01:59 AM
I look forward to your next story about doing this on "Realistic" difficulty.

Mocib
01-03-2006, 08:39 AM
...and with disabled motion tracker from the binoculars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif