PDA

View Full Version : next gen PEC mode

spartan117twl
04-10-2006, 09:11 AM
I personally would like a couple of tweaks to the PEC mode in Vegas to encourage people playing the game longer and making it more challenging.

1 - give the host options to change how the PEC mode operates in the game. Options very important, not just on or off.
2 - Party PEC, where the longer your party stays together and plays, the more choices you have in the loadout screen. Take retrieval, you start out the same, but with each win the winner gets more options for weapons etc. When a lobby resets (new party), then the PPEC will reset.
3 - Reverse Ladder PEC, same idea as 2, but the loser gets better weapons/ armor. That would make things more competitive for the loser with each match.

I do like PEC, but in the context of the party you are in, not in a resident number that you should try to obtain by joining random matches.

Let's think out of the box...

RoM_Mafia
04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
i already had a post on this.......and pec suks

spartan117twl
06-15-2006, 09:57 AM
the way PEC is implemented now, I agree. I think it can be done alot better that would not be subject to all the hackers that are there now.

KungFu_CIA
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
PEC, in my personal opinion, was so un-Rainbow Six-like that it shouldn't even be in Vegas if the devs and UBI are serious about bringing back a serious, adult-oritented psued-tactical shooter to the 360.

PEC is/was nothing but an MMORPG clone... A bad one at that... To try and keep the console kids interested in what was pretty much a mediocre MP experience all around. This approach completely ruined what R6 was all about -- And I am talking about the original R6 games on PC like the original and Rogue Spear as well as R63 and BA.

The original emphasis was on actual skill of the player and not how many hours and kills they could rack up to get "unlockable content".

If you give players all the tools from the start, the one(s) who can effectively use those tools better than their opponents are in fact the more skilled player(s).

This is exactly why PEC was so un-Rainbow Six and why most people agree it was a bad idea to begin with.

drunkrepublican
06-15-2006, 06:37 PM
PEC should not be in Vegas. It ruined Lockdown's online mode.

chaos_dennis
06-18-2006, 11:42 AM
ANyway what is PEC?

MightyLordRay
06-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Is this an issue that we really need to concerned about now? Seems a little late to talk about now don't it?

Not trying to post out of line, and I like seeing people showing interest in what they want to, but this is, pretty much, a dead issue now.

Besides it has already been talked about, and I'm sure that the Ubisoft people have noticed such postings.

Oh, and for the guy with out a clue, PEC mode is a set of carreer modes that one can choose in multiplayer.

chaos_dennis
06-19-2006, 11:52 AM
okey... thanks

DETHBLOW_V
06-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Here's the deal. The reason my buddies and I used PEC mode instead of the regular mode is because you could pick what your guy looked like and because later on you could get better stuff. Let you customize your guy and pick everything you want without PEC and watch it nosedive.

DoomBlackDragon
03-23-2008, 08:54 AM
If this will be anything like vegas one. Well PC will most like get everything a 360 can unlock from day one. Only thing we PC players will not get is ranks and reawrd to show we hit an achivment. I really do not care for unlocks. Game like BF that has unlock really ruin the game play. I just care of killing the other player.