PDA

View Full Version : which version will you get?

an-assassin
06-08-2011, 06:42 AM
The title says it all.

I am going to get the animus edition

an-assassin
06-08-2011, 06:42 AM
The title says it all.

I am going to get the animus edition

gsosolidk
06-08-2011, 06:49 AM
I get confused with all of these editions. Is there any website where it is CLEAR what is in each edition?

Captain Tomatoz
06-08-2011, 07:24 AM
animus edition because an encyclopedia for the assassin's creed universe sounds awesome its like assassin's creed wiki but in a book

Bruno_Berg
I have, for the first time in my life, pre-ordered another version than the standard edition! :P

I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition since well, that's the only one that was available at the shop I order from but it might change when more information comes out about the different editions :P

Neo00_85
never heard about signature edition.... it's not even on ubi site of editions.. What's in it?

halolma
06-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I will go for the Ani Ed one...

not 100% sure what is in it, but lets hope its something cool, like the EPIC ed of Gears 3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Hopefully the CE, but UK shops are crazy. Ubisoft shop says it's 74.99, Play.com is 59.99 and HMV is 49.99 and it's confusing.

an-assassin
06-08-2011, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neo00_85:
never heard about signature edition.... it's not even on ubi site of editions.. What's in it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a gamestop esclusive. I dont remember exactly whats in it

reini03
06-08-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm gonna order the Collector Edition. The Encyclopaedia looks cool, but heck, I don't want to pay 100 Euros for a game.

an-assassin
06-08-2011, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
I'm gonna order the Collector Edition. The Encyclopaedia looks cool, but heck, I don't want to pay 100 Euros for a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is funny you say that because in Denmark, STANDARD games costs 100 euros. Animus edition costs 150 euros for us from Denmark.

reini03
06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by an-assassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
I'm gonna order the Collector Edition. The Encyclopaedia looks cool, but heck, I don't want to pay 100 Euros for a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is funny you say that because in Denmark, STANDARD games costs 100 euros. Animus edition costs 150 euros for us from Denmark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 for standard games? That's a lot.

Neo00_85
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
can someone say what's in signature edition?? i thought Animus edition was the one exclusive to gamestop....

IIwangcarsII
06-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I remember last year I was gonna get the collectors edition of brotherhood but my mam left it too long to pre-order and the price went up from 90 to 200 So I'll have to choose fast!

an-assassin
06-08-2011, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by an-assassin:

It is funny you say that because in Denmark, STANDARD games costs 100 euros. Animus edition costs 150 euros for us from Denmark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 for standard games? That's a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep. Denmark sucks at that point. But luckily they can be ordered from us. Even with the sending fee (not sure if sending fee is correct english) its cheaper to buy from other contries.

reini03
06-08-2011, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neo00_85:
can someone say what's in signature edition?? i thought Animus edition was the one exclusive to gamestop.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Signature Edition has the Vlad the Impaler exclusive mission, weapons capacity upgrades, multiplayer character (it doesn't say anything about which one - probably both), animated short film and the original game soundtrack. So it's pretty much an Animus Edition minus the Encyclopaedia.

GamerMayron
06-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Could someone please make a list of all the editions of AC:R. This would be appreciated by me and a lot of other people to help to choose

AMuppetMatt
06-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm buying standard, I'm not going to give an extra penny for a game that looks far too easy and far too... what's the word... over the top?

reini03
06-08-2011, 08:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamerMayron:
Could someone please make a list of all the editions of AC:R. This would be appreciated by me and a lot of other people to help to choose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Standard Edition
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> no extras [/list]
2. Animus Edition
http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/ubi/images/hero/ACR_ANIMUS_EDITION_HERO.jpg
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Encyclopedia
<LI> Animated short movie: Assassin's Creed Embers
<LI> Soundtrack
<LI> Animus Box (contents inside)

in-game contents:
<LI> Vlad The Impaler Prison - Mission
<LI> Armor of Brutus from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
<LI>Capacity upgrades for the hidden gun, bombs and bolts
<LI> Multiplayer characters: The Crusader & the Ottoman Jester
<LI> one exclusive customization item [/list]
3. Collector Edition
http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/ubi/images/hero/ACR_Collector_Edition_Hero_Temp.jpg
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Exclusive 50-pages strong Artbook
<LI> Soundtrack
<LI> Collector Box (contents inside)

in-game contents:
<LI> Multiplayer Characters: The Crusader & the Ottoman Jester [/list]
4. Signature Edition (GameStop Exclusive)
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/640328brp2.jpg
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> in-game contents:
<LI> Weapons capacity upgrades
<LI> Multiplayer character (which one is unknown)

<LI> Soundtrack
[/list]
5. Special Edition (GAME Exclusive)
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Soundtrack

in-game contents:
<LI> Turkish Assassin Armor
<LI> Multiplayer characters: The Crusader & the Ottoman Doctor [/list]
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SleezeRocker
06-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Im ok with the signature honestly.
the AC encyclo. just seems eh to me. If I want to know about the AC universe, I can always look up wikia or the forums. Im fairly sure that book itself will be sold standalone or some variations of it, so I can wait for that...or possibly get it cheaper.

Now for AC3 (unless the content is worth it) have to get AC3 as a CE no doubt hahaha!

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 09:00 AM
I thought the Gamestop Exlusive Signature edition had the Ottoman Doctor as a multiplayer character? I saw a picture somewhere...

reini03
06-08-2011, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
I thought the Gamestop Exlusive Signature edition had the Ottoman Doctor as a multiplayer character? I saw a picture somewhere... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the Ottoman Doctor is in the Special Edition.

CalKlein
06-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I really don't know which one to get, it'll either be the Collectors or the Animus...

I really wasnt that fussed on the Art book in the Black ACII and the codex of AC:B was also a disapointment - but the encyclopedia does look as if it'll sway it for me. You have to look past the pre-order bonuses as they are all available for purchase after a couple of months

---------------------
Just noticed this on the UbiWorkshop site

"The Animus Edition will only be available in some countries. Rest assured, we will sell the encyclopedia on Ubiworkshop as a standalone and there will be some additions on the version sold on Ubiworkshop, such as the carte blanche Assassins."

Now i'm even more unsure

itsamea-mario
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I'll probably go for the Animus edition, since i have more money than sense.
Plus the Encyclopedia should be interesting.

kriegerdesgottes
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm going with the Signature edition for now. I have a feeling we will learn the real deals with these in August and find out who gets what and everything about them and what they all actually cost.

Super_Sausage
06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm thinking the GAME exclusive because the Turkish Armour sounds pretty cool and none of the other versions have it.

AntiChrist7
06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Im gonna try animus edition

swiftkinfe
06-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Armor of brutus wasnt my most favorite outfit in brotherhood.But I need proper pics of the turkish assassin armor cause I dont want to pre-order to have something really lame in game.BTW extra ammo?Really Ubi? Makes me wonder what the Uplay rewards are this time?

maxerx180
06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't like the black & white cover that the Signature edition has?

cless711
06-08-2011, 02:05 PM
When you pre-order Assassins Creed: Revelations at gamestop, you automatically get the signature edition. Or so I've heard.

Shababa2011
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
im getting the standard edition, only couse if i buy anything but the standard edition, there won't be enough for all the other games such as skyrim and bf3..

and yes i am very poor

DeafAtheist
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I currently have the Signature Edition pre-ordered from Gamestop, but I'd REALLY like to get the Animus Edition, but I'm guessing that's not going to be available in North America as Europe tends to get the better editions than we do here.

But once it becomes available for pre-order I'll probably upgrade the Signature Edition to a Collector's Edition depending on the content included. But if I'm wrong (and I sincerely hope I am) and the Animus Edition is available in North America then I'll definitely get that. Assassin's Creed is my favorite game franchise so it's worth the expense to me.

M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S
06-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Special edition for me, Haven't got much money, but Turkish armour and Ottoman Doctor sound neat, plus I absolutely LOVE Jesper Kyd's compositions in the AC series.
Oh well, looks like I'll just get the Vlad mission, other multiplayer characters and whatever in DLC next year... it'll give me something to do after completing the game 7 or 8 times...

JerfyNL
06-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Animus Edition for now, or a higher edition if they decided to release one, got all the previous CE's.

BioPulse.ps3
06-08-2011, 03:32 PM
can some one tell me where i can pre order the animus edition (Europe). the official link on the ubi page is taking me to Gamestop ireland.

if i dont manage to find the animus edition somewhere else, i'll go with the collectors edition and buy the encyclopedia off ubi workshop.

wiccanlovely
06-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm pre-ordering the Signature Edition because I be a broke ***** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I really want the artbook and Encyclopedia but yeah, no money. I'll probably buy the Encyclopedia off the workshop.

Mouse03
06-09-2011, 01:20 AM
MagnifyHope - thanks heaps for posting that info!

Well, games here in Australia are quite expensive. You're paying $80-$90 (aussie dollars) for a standard game.

I'm on PC, so i'm not ordering anything until i get a PC confirmed release date, because if it's late as per usual, we might get free content like we did with BH. In which case, i'm not paying for something i'm getting free.

The movie will probably be around the net somewhere, so i can watch that for free.

The book and encyclopedia...do you really need that? Really?

The 2 extra MP characters would be really good.
But i don't have either the Harlequin or the Officer in BH, and i seem to play just fine.

I would love the soundtrack and the extra SP misson.

But like i said, i'm not doing anything until i get a confirmed PC date, and any extra we might potentially get if it's late again.

RzaRecta357
06-09-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm torn! Like I said in the last topic..

I really want the mission DLC. The clown MP would be cool too.

But I also really want that turkish armor. It looks awesome. Look's like Ezio will have a mask or something.

The Doc was also my fav MP character. So I want that.

Almost like i'd have to buy to copies.

I know one of the preorder skins for AC2 never was released as a DLC.

DeafAtheist
06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Any in game content you don't get in whatever edition you get is likely to be added as DLC later like the pre-order & Special Edition bonuses were for ACB. So it really comes down to how important the physical non-game content is to you and whether or not you're willing to wait longer to get the in game content.

With this being the last of Ezio and Altair for the franchise I feel obligated to commemorate it with a Collector's Edition... I just wish the Animus Edition would be released globally but knowing Ubisoft's history it's usually the better editions with the most content go to Europe.

Perhaps one day Assassin's Creed will be just as big or bigger than COD and we'll see editions for Assassin's Creed that are similar to their Prestige Edition that are available globally. I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility because despite the fact that COD outsells every other game in the industry Assassin's Creed has beaten COD in G4TV's Deathmatches at least twice that I know of when gone head to head against it so many COD fans like Assassin's Creed more than COD.

ChaosxNetwork
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I will be getting the Special Edition from GAME UK.
As I do not see the point in bigger editions as some special packaging which goes in the bin plus some other extras that I can see online don't appeal to me.
Though I am very gutted that I will be getting the Ottoman Doctor and not the Ottoman Jester, with the Harlequin being my favorite online skin.

Jon253
06-10-2011, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maxerx180:
Am I the only person who doesn't like the black & white cover that the Signature edition has? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like the Black and White cover either, I want the bonuses, just the normal color cover.

I may get one of the special editions, when were they announced? And is one the Europe and one the North America version? I like the Animus edition, the encyclopedia looks nice.

triforceman5
06-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I am, for the first time, going to get something other than a standard edition.
Any one of the "edition" ones look GREAT. And to add to my awesomeness, I will be preordering from Gamestop (or maybe Best Buy, if they have a cooler character) to get a third multiplayer character along with all my extras!
*EDIT* just realized that Signature edition IS the Gamestop one, and that Animus edition is 1000 (about $2000!).
So Collectors Edition from Gamestop (if possible).

KrYpToNiC95
06-10-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm In Australia so I'm getting the Animus edition which will cost around $140. To be honest the best deal is the gamestop deal $60 with free upgrade to signature edition for me that's like $55. Besides that I always get the best edition possible so I'm not breaking that tradition.

GallopRider
06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With this being the last of Ezio and Altair for the franchise I feel obligated to commemorate it with a Collector's Edition... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm seconding that! I think I'll wait until August or so until I preorder anything. By then there'll be more information and probably even another Edition...
I'm hoping the artbook will have some great screenshots or concept art. Definitely gotta have the soundtrack and SP mission, too. All-in-all, I'll probably go for the Collector's Edition. The encylopedia will most likely just be a paperback version of the wiki. Not to mention the wiki updates all the time and will add all the stuff that's in the encyclopedia anyway.

wiccanlovely
06-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Pre-ordered Signature Edition on Friday and got my poster http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

El_Sjietah
06-12-2011, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
and that Animus edition is 1000 (about $2000!).
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find that highly unlikely.

JerfyNL
06-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I pre ordered the Animus edition for 80 euro's (PC)

SarahEPR
06-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Wait, if I preordered the special edition I won't get the ottoman jester? This is all so confusing...

beatledude210
06-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know if i can somehow get the animus edition even if i live in the U.S? Please, can someone answer?

Stowdace
06-20-2011, 11:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarahEPR:
Wait, if I preordered the special edition I won't get the ottoman jester? This is all so confusing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you preordered the game from Gamestop, yes. I did a few days ago and they assured me I'd get the Crusader, Ottoman Jester, Ottoman Doctor, Vlad the Impaler mission, ect.

L.Cie
06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Animus Edition for me, though I'm entertaining the thought that Signature's artbook has more art in it than the encyclopedia.

Most likely Animus Edition, though. I like the look of the package overall.

Biomedical-Fire
06-21-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm not getting any Edition of the game. Unless the Animus Edition comes to the N. American market, I'll pass.