PDA

View Full Version : FC2 Multiplayer nearly dead?

Psilopsiagon
11-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Hi folks,

it's less than 2 weeks that FC2 was released in Europe, but as it seems the multiplayer is nearly dead right now, because of the well known multiplayer issues.

At least on the PS3 it's nearly impossible to get enough players into a lobby to reach the 16-Guys-Trophy ... no matter if ranked match or normal, you mainly have a maximum of 4 player per team :-( That's what I experienced the last few days.

Thanks Ubi, good work, that was the last Ubi-Game that I bought without renting it before.

If we don't get that issues patched very soon, we can forget FC2.

Folks, how's your experience on the 360 and the PC ... is it the same disaster?

Kokorotdrol
11-03-2008, 05:05 AM
You must be lucky to even play, I cant even join multiplayer, wanted to enjoy multiplayer before cod5 hits the multiplayer market hard, but no, now they gonna fix it and then cod5 is out??? WTF ubisoft did activision pay you to mess up your multiplayer? This game would have been awesome to jam multiplayer but no, if they want us to buy their future games they must seriously make a improvement on the first patch and better release it real quick cuz the longer they take the more the people are getting fed up.

Singleplayer was awesome! but i never buy games just for singleplayer. . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Psilopsiagon
11-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi again!

You must be lucky to even play, I cant even join multiplayer ...

Lucky? Maybe ... I would call it extremly patient ;-)

... now they gonna fix it and then cod5 is out???

It's not only COD5, there are also Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 short before release.

Singleplayer was awesome!

Really? I would call it nice, because I learned a lot about Africa in the game and in this Video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/284022.html?playlist=featured) ... but beware of spoilers.

In my opinion Ubi marketing did a biiig mistake to release FC2 before Xmas ... this game had so much potential, but a lot was wasted. If they would have done more homework and released it in first quarter 2009, when all other publishers will have shot all their virtual gunpowder, FC2 would have had a much better chance to become a real top seller.

It's the same as with Timeshift last year ... the same mistake, different publisher. When will they ever learn?

kernal32
11-03-2008, 05:39 AM
I got onto a MP game on the PC, and was having an "ok" time until I was booted because PunkBuster couldnt connect (or whatever the random message was). Funny, because punkbuster works for my other games that use it (BF2142)

Then I thought (as I do after completing a SP mission), meh, cant be bothered now.

Methusalem2008
11-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Its Ubi, they never support MP in Any games.

r33fermadness
11-03-2008, 05:45 AM
I'm able to play on the PC with little problems other then the usual disconnect from ranked matches, stats not counting, etc. Player matches are fine: staying connected, no lag and having a lot of fun.

Most online games i play never count stats proper. I'm use to that and don't care much. Seems a lot of people have connectivity issues and that will be fixed.

After x-mas, there wll be lots of noobs to frag....no worries.

LongDarkBlues28
11-03-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm the UK, too - on the 360 I've had no trouble at all finding full 8 on 8 games - I'd guess, for ranked team deathmatch at least, there's usually 3 or 4 full games at any time, and usually another 10 filling up.

Retro21
11-03-2008, 06:23 AM
with all due respect, I'm pretty sure Ubi know when the best time to release a game is.

Anyway, also struggling a bit to find busy games on PS3, bit disappointed as it was my first night on MP last night, though I did enjoy the games I got to play in.

(Apart from Uprising, which had a lot of ****s voting to change captains :\)

Thotor
11-03-2008, 06:34 AM
No problem. Lot of MP games.

PC > Console

Psilopsiagon
11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi again!

Its Ubi, they never support MP in Any games.

No, sorry, have a look at GRAW and Rainbow 6 Vegas and you'll see, that Ubi IS able to release good multiplayer titles, which also got good support ... at least in the 360, where I played them.

I'm pretty sure Ubi know when the best time to release a game is.

Sorry, but that's not my oppinion this time. The multiplayer is a disaster ... have a look at the main 360 and PS3 forums and you'll see, what I mean ... many people already sold their game second hand :-(

Hurry up, Ubi, there's not much time left to save FC2's life ... please ... patch 1.02 on the PS3 was not enough to keep people playing.

zX Sword Xz
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I play the MP on 360 but I stop playing it for a week now. Why?? All the freaking Noob Tube. Why can't the give the Host the option to enable weapon of his/her choice?

PO3.Enr0n
11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I wish I could play MP online, seems that you spend more time waiting to join the server then waiting on idiots trying to decide thier loadout. Relly only bought the game for MP for me PC and as far as I'm concerned it's a waste of money. UBI got me once but never agian, I NEVER EVER will buy any more of thier software they can go broke as far as I am concerned.

kmcrobb
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
No probs on PC whatsoever. Probably my fave MP of all-time. The handling of custom maps is the best. You can make a custom map and have a full 16-man server playing it in a matter of minutes. The stock maps are amazingly good.

Bug-Dude
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Yea seems like PC multiplayer is slowly dying. Such a shame because MP of first FC was great.
no word on any fixes or even cares to fix. Seems like the attitude is well next time, my buddy turned me onto combat arms, I wish fc2 had a multiplayer lobby like that. sucks cause its a free game too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

probably the last ubi game I buy for multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif