PDA

View Full Version : GeFORCE FX 5200 GLITCHY!! HELP!!

Straafe
12-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Im using the geforce 5200 fx 256 mb video card and the game GLITCHES OUT! I can usually only see about half of my characters, and I can't see doors, barrels, or chests half the time. I've already read the suggestion that I should use alt+tab in-game to fix it, but that only work forl ike 5 minutes. I've tried disabling acceleeration and THAT makes the FPS drop to around 7!!! I JUST WANNNA PLAY THE GAME LIKE I USED TO! PLZ HELP ME!!!!
-Ben

PS-What does the 1.4 speed thingy do anyway?(thesticky one up for download)

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED AND DO NOT WANT TO HEAR:
-Antialiasing/Vsync changes
-HARDWARE ACCELLERATION! NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AT LOWERE THAN 10 FPS!
THanks, I can't beleive they'd release a game liek this, and still no helpful patch. Sheesh.

Straafe
12-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Im using the geforce 5200 fx 256 mb video card and the game GLITCHES OUT! I can usually only see about half of my characters, and I can't see doors, barrels, or chests half the time. I've already read the suggestion that I should use alt+tab in-game to fix it, but that only work forl ike 5 minutes. I've tried disabling acceleeration and THAT makes the FPS drop to around 7!!! I JUST WANNNA PLAY THE GAME LIKE I USED TO! PLZ HELP ME!!!!
-Ben

PS-What does the 1.4 speed thingy do anyway?(thesticky one up for download)

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED AND DO NOT WANT TO HEAR:
-Antialiasing/Vsync changes
-HARDWARE ACCELLERATION! NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AT LOWERE THAN 10 FPS!
THanks, I can't beleive they'd release a game liek this, and still no helpful patch. Sheesh.

Arthur_Dent1976
12-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Well I've got some suggestions you can experiment with, although none of them are elegant or guaranteed to work. You must realize that, although a GF 5200 isn't exaclty state of the art these days, it's far more advanced than any graphics board that was on the market when the game was first released. It's simply to new and the game might use some awkward ways to render graphics resulting in the botched graphics.

Anyway... if you're really serious about running the game you could experiment with the followimg things:

1. Install older Detonator drivers.
2. Install an old graphics card.
3. Run DXDIAG from (Start -> Run -> type 'dxdiag') and fiddle with acceleration settings here instead of the normal menu's. Lowering the sound acceleration might have an positive result as well.

As for your question about the 1.4 speed patch, well, it's an utility that can be used to increase or decrease the speed at wich the game flows. For instance, you know how long it can take for enemies to reach you during combat rounds, right? Well, install the utility, press the 8-key a couple of times, and hey presto, zombies run like those seen in the movie '28 days later' instead of 'Night of the living dead'. You can decrease the speed by pressing 7. Very handy.