PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see for DLC ?

A Stealthy Lamp
04-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I know that it is a few more day's until release, but what would you like to see for DLC?

I would like to see an objective mode for Deniable Ops where you have to infiltrate, do the objective then exfiltrate and 2 vs 2 face-off.

Sow how about you ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

singularity_
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
...Do you even have to ask?

Spies Vs. Mercs.

DeafAtheist
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
New missions for the single player campaign considering it's a little short.

Rhee512
04-10-2010, 12:30 PM
-New missions for the campaigns (Single and Co-Op)
-New maps for Deniable Ops
-Possibly new game modes for Deniable Ops
-A 2 vs. 2 expansion for Face-Off

Spies vs. Mercenaries ISN'T going to happen, people. Best move on from that and hope it is included in the next game.

solenoid
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rhee512:

Spies vs. Mercenaries ISN'T going to happen, people. Best move on from that and hope it is included in the next game.

I'm glad an UBI employee finally cleared this up. Thanks for filling us all in. ;-)

seriously though, I think they'll give us spies vs. Mercs if we ask for it enough. So Ubisoft, give it to us!!!

A 2v2 Face off would be cool, more deniable ops maps and a few more game modes like an objective based one.

singularity_
04-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Oh, believe me -- I know they've stated 100 times there will be no SvM DLC. But lack of real MP is keeping me from buying, so if I could only have one thing...

Deniable ops is an easy way to release more DLC. It is broken into short missions/ episodes already. It is a simple affair to just release more maps for Deniable ops, or even a few more MP skins. Because people can keep replaying modes to get more currency to buy things, they never have to worry about people running out of points. They can release as many outfits and accessories as they want (similar to RE5).

What DLC will we be seeing for SCC within the next 6 months?
- More deniable ops maps (and if we're lucky a new game mode)
- More skins/ accessories for MP
- If very fortunate, more co-op missions

Rea1SamF1sher
04-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I could imagine a FAN Pack DLC or something else. I have heared Vegas get it too. So it could be possible for SCC.

kingatrock1
04-10-2010, 12:52 PM
throwback chaos theory skin?

I'd be happy with more coop stuff though.

Rhee512
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by solenoid:

seriously though, I think they'll give us spies vs. Mercs if we ask for it enough. So Ubisoft, give it to us!!!

It's not that simple. Making spies versus mercenaries would involve a ton of design and programming that is not something you can just start on fan request. Spies vs. Mercs on every previous game used a unique code and engine mechanics from the main game. It's not simple "plug and play" like people think it is.

DLC is almost always planned in advance. Leaving out Spies vs. Mercenaries cost them some sales. If they wanted to maximize sales they would have included SvM in the final product or have announced day one that SvM was in the future.

If they are going to give us spies vs. mercenaries it will be in a future game. You asking nicely (or as many others do, rudely) isn't going to make a difference.

Powerslave01
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solenoid:

It's not that simple. Making spies versus mercenaries would involve a ton of design and programming that is not something you can just start on fan request. Spies vs. Mercs on every previous game used a unique code and engine mechanics from the main game. It's not simple "plug and play" like people think it is.

If they are going to give us spies vs. mercenaries it will be in a future game. You asking nicely (or as many others do, rudely) isn't going to make a difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Arguing in this thread ends here. There's enough ****ing arguing on these forums.
ON TOPIC!: Maps are all I want, maybe more UPLAY objectives and items to unlock.

doxos77
04-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by singularity_:
...Do you even have to ask?

Spies Vs. Mercs.

Could not agree more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JAHman28
04-10-2010, 01:11 PM
more deniable ops maps in really exotic, strange and fantastic locations.

like in a submarine!
that would be immense!

or a Shopping centre/mall!

or a hospital! (with an eerie morgue)

the possibilities are endless...

solenoid
04-10-2010, 01:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solenoid:

If they are going to give us spies vs. mercenaries it will be in a future game. You asking nicely (or as many others do, rudely) isn't going to make a difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They developed the entire game with all it's current content in two years. I'm sure they could design one game mode in 6-8 months.

I also saw an interview with Max B and the interviewer asked about spies vs. mercs as DLC and Max smirked and said something like, you know I can't talk about that. It just looked like from his face that he wanted to say, "Yes, I saved the series from hobo Sam and if I had enough time I would have fixed the mess double agent made of spies vs mercs too but don't you worry, it will be here soon enough".

nymdj128
04-10-2010, 01:17 PM
a new multiplayer mode, doesnt have to be SvM, but 2v2 faceoff or 3v3.

Rhee512
04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rhee512:

They developed the entire game with all it's current content in two years. I'm sure they could design one game mode in 6-8 months.

I also saw an interview with Max B and the interviewer asked about spies vs. mercs as DLC and Max smirked and said something like, you know I can't talk about that. It just looked like from his face that he wanted to say, "Yes, I saved the series from hobo Sam and if I had enough time I would have fixed the mess double agent made of spies vs mercs too but don't you worry, it will be here soon enough". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That goes under the assumption that the studio doesn't want to move the talent to other products for 6-8 months. The game's full team does not stay on after the project and planned DLC is finished, but rather moves on. They might be scattered around the studio and work on static projects until they are attached to a game. A small team stays behind to maintain the game and finish work on DLC.

Ubsioft is not going to keep the team assembled for 6-8 months. If they are planning SvM like you're trying to tell me, then it's being done by a different studio. Though I sincerely doubt they are making it. If it's true that SvM is coming, then it's a poor marketing move on their part. If they wanted to maximize sales it would have been far wiser to announce it earlier. The circumstances stack against SvM coming.

Powerslave01
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rhee512:

I also saw an interview with Max B and the interviewer asked about spies vs. mercs as DLC and Max smirked and said something like, you know I can't talk about that. It just looked like from his face that he wanted to say, "Yes, I saved the series from hobo Sam and if I had enough time I would have fixed the mess double agent made of spies vs mercs too but don't you worry, it will be here soon enough". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have to agree. Beland stopped that 'Homeless person' they called 'Sam' from being marketed as Sam. I think if he could have made something totally different from the single player game, he would have had it done, but he couldn't. Not in the time he had.

solenoid
04-10-2010, 01:24 PM

If it's true that SvM is coming, then it's a poor marketing move on their part. If they wanted to maximize sales it would have been far wiser to announce it earlier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might agree with you on the marketing point but if they plan on charging $$$ for it they might have held off on announcing it.

Also, it wouldn't be the first marketing mistake UBI has made. Remember the number trailer?

Very good point though. I hope you're wrong.

altair2nd
04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
-Some new co-op missions
-Maybe some new deniable ops modes
-2v2 Faceoff FOR SURE!

scottjames7296
04-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jawa_Slayer:
I know that it is a few more day's until release, but what would you like to see for DLC?

I would like to see an objective mode for Deniable Ops where you have to infiltrate, do the objective then exfiltrate and 2 vs 2 face-off.

Sow how about you ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i think an objective based deniable ops mode would be awesome! especially with the AI.

not so much for face off though

stavros_27
04-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Is the original SC the only game that included extra SP missions?

I am not much of a MP gamer so maybe I'm not seeing the big picture well enough, but I personally would have loved to see more missions added in CT's or DA's story. It could have just been extra missions that happened in between the others. Double Agent seems like it could have added them easily without affecting the continuity of the story.

I would love for Conviction to add more SP levels. They could do so much with it...hell, they gave us the Iraq mission in the middle of this game. Imagine if they released a few flashback missions with Sam and Lambert back at 3E. They could probably add whistling and the emp gun without much trouble, because the guards already react specifically when you use an emp on lights, or shoot at objects.

I don't expect it to happen since it seems rare for games to add SP missions as DLC, but Max would gain some major respect points from even the biggest pessimists if stuff like this was added.

darkghost1995
04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
a few maps
skins to use in solo campaign
if possible drag bodies just to add more tactics to the game
would like to see 3 vs 3 that sounds cool

tse_tsz_tun
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Totally agree with you!
Also carrying bodies, new maps of hunter and infiltration.

darkghost1995
04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
maybe a mode where you have to retrieve a laptop without ai seeing you

Rockchalk17
04-10-2010, 02:02 PM
A new game...

But seriously:

1. At least 2v2 spy vs spy
2. Spy vs Merc
3. 4 player deniable ops
4. More players
5. Addition to the lame short story
6. An expansion of multiplayer
7. More multiplayer game modes
8. Multiplayer... (more than 2 ppl)
9. OH!!! and multiplayer (more than 2 ppl)

RaulO4
04-10-2010, 02:03 PM
have more objective to the Ops then just kill all

option for B/W to be remove
add kill/ko

add a story were you play as a new spy or Kestral
in Voron....

improve the weapon upgrade
improve the PEC
i would like to mix and match my suit
add gadgets that dont kill

add the mic feature for co op
add.......i stop here

tse_tsz_tun
04-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JAHman28:
more deniable ops maps in really exotic, strange and fantastic locations.

like in a submarine!
that would be immense!

or a Shopping centre/mall!

or a hospital! (with an eerie morgue)

the possibilities are endless...

I love your ideas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
But I think these strange places should be based on objectives.

Like assassinate one specific target in a low profile. (Hitman style with splinter Cell gameplay system? LOL)
Steal a keycard, a CD or DVD, an info, set up a C4 or disarm C4 secretly, etc. (More like the old school objectives)

demonknight102
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM
First off i would love to see them add these things as DLC
-more weapons/gadgets
-SvM
-Deniable Ops modes (such as 2v2 4 player free for all and an objective based mode)
-new skins
And secondly Rhee512 you are stupid for thinking you know everything about developing games they have never stated that they wont have SvM as DLC in fact they said they cant answer the question wich usually means yes if they werent going to add it they would have just told the interviewer no they wont add it so stop thinking your a genious.

SilencedScream0
04-10-2010, 02:11 PM
More co-op missions/maps.

savior2006
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM

I want to see Jamesdreng's mother. Oh wait....nevermind.
I'd like Spies vs. Mercs please and thank you. And for the deathmatch n00bs, 2v2 spies.

tse_tsz_tun
04-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Rockchalk17:
A new game...

But seriously:

1. At least 2v2 spy vs spy
2. Spy vs Merc
3. 4 player deniable ops
4. More players
5. Addition to the lame short story
6. An expansion of multiplayer
7. More multiplayer game modes
8. Multiplayer... (more than 2 ppl)
9. OH!!! and multiplayer (more than 2 ppl)

4 player deniable ops! It is a good idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

But since it is 4 player deniable ops, it needs bigger maps and more enemies and traps to increase the difficulty http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

The new splinter cell has a good and fun gameplay system and the multiplayer can be so much better.

demonknight102
04-10-2010, 02:16 PM
new ideas:
-new maps for DO
-a back story that isnt very long but still cool were you learn more about Archer and another one were you learn more about kestral and you would do a certain mission working for your aggency.

gsbgsb09
04-10-2010, 02:17 PM
For me I would like to see carrying bodies, new maps for single player would be cool too,
and an option for disabling m&e.

kingatrock1
04-10-2010, 02:18 PM
more coop!! Can never have too many missions or specific objective missions!

Man I really hope they utilize dlc with coop.

How about throwback weapons kits (like chaos theory sam and his weapons).

A Stealthy Lamp
04-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by demonknight102:
-more weapons/gadgets
-SvM
-Deniable Ops modes (such as 2v2 4 player free for all and an objective based mode)
-new skins
And secondly Rhee512 you are stupid for thinking you know everything about developing games they have never stated that they wont have SvM as DLC in fact they said they cant answer the question wich usually means yes if they werent going to add it they would have just told the interviewer no they wont add it so stop thinking your a genious.

Actually they have said that there won't be any SvM DLC..... and keep this thread clean of insultsments etc etc...

solenoid
04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by demonknight102:
-more weapons/gadgets
-SvM
-new skins

Actually they have said that there won't be any SvM DLC..... and keep this thread clean of insultsments etc etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read this article with quotes from Beland.
Spies Vs. Mercs DLC (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4635-Ubisoft--Spies-vs--Mercs-Was-Too-Risky-To-Do-With-Conviction.html)

Tzuu
04-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I'd like a Bazooka DLC.

Overlai
04-10-2010, 02:56 PM
New guns and suits, I can't get enough of those.

Rhee512
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by demonknight102:

I never claimed to know everything about game development. I have friends in the video game field and I'm currently enrolled as a game art and design major with Westwood college, so obviously I have more to learn but have some insight into how game development works.

If you're trying to get my goat through the "u r stoopid" comments, you'll be sadly disappointed. I've been insulted by professionals, and some kid with a keyboard attacking me with a run on sentence is not something that will significantly damage my pride.

Dagio12
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
*a couple new SP missions*
*and couple new COOP/Den Ops missions*
(perhaps bring back carrying bodies and a choke KO option for human shields for those missions).. since i dont see them bringing back carrying bodies for the WHOLE game.. as that would take a whole lot of testing.. but maybe just testing it for a few new missions might work.

and i would like to see some kind of objective missions for deniable ops.. where you have to complete 2 or 3 objectives on the map.. and it doesnt mean you have to kill everyone. you can if you want.. or you can ghost.. or whatever.. just get in, do the mission, complete objectives.. and get out..

Rhee512
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
The objective based modes for Deniable Ops is a good idea. Fingers crossed on this end.

sam2000_290
04-10-2010, 03:37 PM
What happened to the PC component? Why say DLC and not include patch?! Support PC players! PC don't use DLC, we use patch or add-ons, map-pack.

A Stealthy Lamp
04-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by sam2000_290:
What happened to the PC component? Why say DLC and not include patch?! Support PC players! PC don't use DLC, we use patch or add-ons, map-pack.

Hope they don't leave PC player's like they did for Double Agent for your sake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Stealthmaster86
04-11-2010, 04:55 AM
The objective based modes for Deniable Ops is a good idea. Fingers crossed on this end.

That's not a good idea. It's a GREAT Idea.

More skins

That weapon that can turn off lights like in Chaos Theory

More Maps

A mode where you HAVE to CQC the guards.

sushimooshi
04-11-2010, 10:52 AM
-2v2 face-off or 4 player free-for-all face-off? watch your back at times!
-more D.O. maps
-a new objective vs mode?(no im not whining for SvM i just mean an objective competetive mode)
-new single player stories, possibly following people other than sam? or extension of sams storys(be it prequel or sequel)

i don't really care for skins/weapons but it'd be nice, as long as they were low price/free and not overpowering.

sam2000_290
04-11-2010, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam2000_290:

Hope they don't leave PC player's like they did for Double Agent for your sake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did I miss? What didn't they give for PC?

BTW, there is NOTHING wrong with DA. Why do people hate DA?! DA is a very fun game. It makes you think! It makes you make choices that are very hard to choose. It's like a paradox.

A Stealthy Lamp
04-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sam2000_290:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jawa_Slayer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam2000_290:

Hope they don't leave PC player's like they did for Double Agent for your sake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did I miss? What didn't they give for PC?

BTW, there is NOTHING wrong with DA. Why do people hate DA?! DA is a very fun game. It makes you think! It makes you make choices that are very hard to choose. It's like a paradox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it think it's fun to but i meant all the bugs that wasn't fixed

FossilSamFisher
04-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Multiplayer 2v2 Face-Off where you can play Splitscreen Multiplayer
Objective based mission (Disarm bomb) In Deniable Ops.
The knife.
Lambert..

XChrisUnknownX
04-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Termination mode. AI Target is in the middle of the map, AI guards, map is symmetrical, player who bypasses/kills guards and kills target first wins.

1p corridors--[targetroom]--corridors p2

Not going to happen and would get boring without a decent selection of maps and varied AI patterns, but could have been a pretty neat idea in another dimension. =/

gsbgsb09
04-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I would like to see an option for opening a door in stealth (like in previous SC games), I hate having to bash the door in some missions.

Why wasn't this option ever added in SC:C to begin with?

RedWish
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Costumes that actually look like they were ment for stealth!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

MasterNate08
04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
P.E.C PACK

Because gameplay is so great and so addicting, online and offline, I could see myself and others playing this game for a very long time, if there were more to unlock.

I'd like to see new outfits with their upgrades and camouflage as well as new weapons.

To go a long with this more P.E.C challenges across all modes. Maybe bump some of the current challenges to a 4th level. There also needs to be some Face off challenges.

I'm already replaying the single player again, and could see myself playing a couple more times if there were some more P.E.C single player based challenges as well.

Mixing achievements with P.E.C was a great idea and could really expand the game in the future. If the P.E.C PACK was ever released they could add 2 achievements as well. One for completing 50% of the new challenges and one for completing 100% of the challenges.

Geese
04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by XChrisUnknownX:
Termination mode. AI Target is in the middle of the map, AI guards, map is symmetrical, player who bypasses/kills guards and kills target first wins.

1p corridors--[targetroom]--corridors p2

Not going to happen and would get boring without a decent selection of maps and varied AI patterns, but could have been a pretty neat idea in another dimension. =/

This is a good idea - and one that (in theory) could be implemented into the current FaceOff mode. It doesn't even have to be an assassination target. It could be a computer to hack or plans to steal.

First one to get it, wins. The roaming AI is just incidental. Run and gun or go stealth - your choice.

And make a hardcore mode. No respawns.

LitLikeABrothel
04-16-2010, 03:01 PM
A new co-op/single player skin based on Sam's trademark suit from the first levels of Splinter Cell 1.

And total remake and re-release of Splinter Cell 1, please.

poirot99
04-16-2010, 03:23 PM
More Deniable Ops maps.

More gadgets. (I tend to waste a lot of time toying with the guards in Deniable Ops.)

And while I'm not sure how feasible it is, I'd love to be able to play through the Co-Op story mode as a solo player (using computer A.I.).

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by poirot99:

More gadgets. (I tend to waste a lot of time toying with the guards in Deniable Ops.)

They'll probably have Proximity Mines for DLC, just because I saw videos of it but it's not in the full game.

sumoaltus
04-16-2010, 03:33 PM
hmmmmm...

- Definitely more add-ons to P.E.C. outfits
- Silencers for all weapons
- D-Ops maps
- An alternate Voron sneaking suit

FilipinoNinja67
04-16-2010, 03:51 PM
sooooooooo many of these...........

oh well

Id like to see more skins, more maps for Deniable Ops

More SP missions (mabye flashbacks or Sam's daughter getting kidnaped again and you go save her)
More Guns
And more versus game modes
2v2 Face Off or Demolition

BourneBaxter
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
i would like a wetsuit/diving suit (without the flippers) i would look neat.

rprieto75
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Me and my friends would love to see versus mode 5 vs 5 or 3 vs 3, that would be sick, and people would be playing this game for years, just keep adding maps and gear. Please Ubisoft! listen too our cry

whiteout2010
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Only DLC I care about getting is Spies Vs Mercs... Other than that I probably wont be buying any DLC. I doubt it is going to happen but I will know to check for spies vs mercs on the next game before buying...

Aykon_xX
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by whiteout2010:
Only DLC I care about getting is Spies Vs Mercs... Other than that I probably wont be buying any DLC. I doubt it is going to happen but I will know to check for spies vs mercs on the next game before buying...

i agree, SvM was the best thing about splinter cell multiplayer and i hope it becomes DLC, it was wut stood out from all other online multiplayer games

Jamsedreng22
04-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Being able to disguise. Not take the guards clothes, but if you play a mission with guards you would go to your wardrobe and pick out the clothes the guards use and you could move around amongst them.

jsx_5150
04-22-2010, 05:04 PM
The ability to hide dead bodies.

Cool armor suits, suits, and more suits.

Silencers for all the weapons, not just for some.

Spy VS Mercs mode like in SCDA.

More MAPS.

---------------------------- That's all I can think of on the spot.

Spencethefence
05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Spies versus mercenaries from chaos theory was GENIUS! I LOVED it, and hope to god Ubisoft makes it again. Theres nothing that compares to it. Conviction was incomplete. The story was great. The coop was alot of fun. But wait, no versus mode? Just this 1 on 1 spy crap. Chaos Theor was the best because it had a single player, coop, and multiplayer.

Wat Ubisoft needs to understand. Is how many fans there were of Chaos Theory's Spies vs. Mercenaries

IAlexBCSI
05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Altai'r Outfit and a Spy Suit like the Chaos theory one

LiLcoLeK
05-01-2010, 05:29 PM
SPYS VS MERCS!

IZDeaDXCaSeZI
05-01-2010, 11:51 PM

I'm glad an UBI employee finally cleared this up. Thanks for filling us all in. ;-)

A 2v2 Face off would be cool, more deniable ops maps and a few more game modes like an objective based one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can say that but i gaurentee that even if they do come out with that crap and dont come out with Spy vs Merc people who play conviction will later cease to play it due to repititive facing AI over and over and over again thats just not fun please bring Spy vs Merc back why do you think L4D 1,2 both are great games cause you never play it the same way its always diferent.