PDA

View Full Version : Please test

Nero111
12-30-2003, 06:37 AM
Hi guys
Had a few probs with my old webspace providers as some of you are aware.
I have new webspace and am very interested in the download speeds .
Here is a link to the short movie my friend made (12meg zipped DivX file)
Can you guys please let me know if the speeds are acceptable for download. If so I will extend my account with them and discontinue the other service.

Vanjast's Movie (http://www.qwrety.cc/Vansmovie.zip)

Thx

Nero111
12-30-2003, 06:37 AM
Hi guys
Had a few probs with my old webspace providers as some of you are aware.
I have new webspace and am very interested in the download speeds .
Here is a link to the short movie my friend made (12meg zipped DivX file)
Can you guys please let me know if the speeds are acceptable for download. If so I will extend my account with them and discontinue the other service.

Vanjast's Movie (http://www.qwrety.cc/Vansmovie.zip)

Thx

Blade_X__
12-30-2003, 09:18 AM
Definitely a lot better, downloading at 250kb/s now. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShadowSix
12-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Hiya Nero111,

I downloaded your movie and I averaged a transfer rate around 375 Kbps, good rate.

Nice little d/f film. You could alternate between views more often ( in-cockpit, flyby-view etc.)

I assume you are not using the "Davinci" technique to create a smooth-flowing virtual film? Most of the movies I am seeing lately are not using the "DaVinci" method. This rather simple technique records tracks at half-speed at 15fps in Fraps and then increasing the frame rates of the AVI's to 30fps in Virtual Dub to achieve smooth-flowing films.

I believe this is THE most important "effect" that we movie-makers should be employing when recording in Fraps. The DaVinci method is well worth the extra effort! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the film Nero111.

--ShadowSix

Nero111
12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Thx for the feedback.
I will then convert to this hosting company then.
Hopefully I will post some more movies in the future.
The one I posted in this thread was not mine, but actualy from a m8 of mine Vanjast.
Mine is a lot more wobbly lol but has a hectic soundtrack hehehe, not for the faint hearted lol.
Thx again.
cye

Nero111
12-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Oh and buy the way I hate everyone that has better dl speeds than me LOL.
I am only on 128K isdn and that gives me a whopping 15k.
Aint got anything better in this country as yet so it will just have to do for now hehehe.

DedEyes
12-30-2003, 01:17 PM
This one works great ,a whole 4kbs .
Your lucky you live where you can get isdn ,it's just 56k where I am .

Nero111
12-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Where are you in SA DedEyes?
Buy the way thats pretty normal for dialup, but if you apply a few tweeks you can get about 5-6. My m8 just pulled it down at 6 on dialup in SA but he is in JHB.

WhtBoy
12-30-2003, 05:02 PM
SS,
I don't know if I'm using the DaVinci method but my work in progress is, so far, comprised of 8 seperate mission files all with specific shots in mind. The Hurricane Scramble preview I posted earlier took 4 mission files to get. The big He-111 formation they are intercepting has over 70 aircraft and I've flown it from 8 or 9 different slots. I now have over 45 track files from which to glean footage. It is truly a *****!!!! I will probably go insane before it is finished.

-WhtBoy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShadowSix:
Hiya Nero111,

I downloaded your movie and I averaged a transfer rate around 375 Kbps, good rate.

Nice little d/f film. You could alternate between views more often ( in-cockpit, flyby-view etc.)

I assume you are not using the "Davinci" technique to create a smooth-flowing virtual film? Most of the movies I am seeing lately are not using the "DaVinci" method. This rather simple technique records tracks at half-speed at 15fps in Fraps and then increasing the frame rates of the AVI's to 30fps in Virtual Dub to achieve smooth-flowing films.

I believe this is _THE_ most important "effect" that we movie-makers should be employing when recording in Fraps. The DaVinci method is well worth the extra effort! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the film Nero111.

--ShadowSix<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DedEyes
12-31-2003, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nero111:
Where are you in SA DedEyes?
Buy the way thats pretty normal for dialup, but if you apply a few tweeks you can get about 5-6. My m8 just pulled it down at 6 on dialup in SA but he is in JHB.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Nero
I am in Port Edward down on the South coast
,I do get 6 to 7 kbps but 3 or 4 is the average because the phone lines down here suck ,hell everything sucks exept the beaches and weather unless it rains cause that usualy means a powercut will follow in a day or two .

Well thats the price you pay but living here is worth it .