PDA

View Full Version : LOST ALL RESPECT TO ROAN AFTER WATCHING THIS..

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 10:48 PM
So im reading the wish list and came along with link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX0G9NXcmLo

after watching those jutsu's and graphics, i lost all respect to ROAN, it makes roan look like a joke and a horrible failed attempt at creating a naruto game.

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
heck even naruto ulimate hero 3 looks better than ROAN and i dont even understand wtf is going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYrloCRMHp4&feature=related

Inuzuka_Kizu
11-17-2007, 10:59 PM
1st link is for the Wii, isn't it?
I'm going to trade in my 360+Naruto and just get that + a wii that can play japanese imports |:
**** ROAN, **** the 360.

Inuzuka_Kizu
11-17-2007, 10:59 PM
im trading my 360 in for a Jap wii+this.
Forget ROAN and forget the 360

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:08 PM
nice!

xNinjaxx
11-17-2007, 11:08 PM
wow this game actually looks good now can you please answer me this because im still in the process of thinking about trading my 360 in...

1.is it only for the ps2?
2.When will it be released in the US?
3.will it have free roam features?
4.whats the full list of characters?

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:11 PM
im not sure. your going to have to do the research yourself, however its going to take a while before it is released to USA because we are no where near shippuden in the anime. were like only at 115 episode or something

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:12 PM
1. Yes
2. At the earliest, winter of 08/09, but probably later than that.
3. I believe there is a free roam mode with real-time combat (can't remember for sure though).
4. Practically everyone from original Naruto, and a handfull of Time-Skip characters (everyone from that video).

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
ninja said PS2, so its for the PS2 and not the PS3 correct?

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Correct.

Son-ALA
11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
lol, Gai's move is just too awesome....he cries and runs away on his hands. so what console is this on?

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Someone please tell me who the first guy is in this clip he wears a red armor and does the first attack in the first 20 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bInvDnVFnjc&feature=related

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:17 PM
And actually, the sequel to that game comes out in December (if you do the whole import thing), which will update the roster to include Sai, and TS Sasuke.

It's almost enough to make me want to join the import scene...

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
teamliquid, that would be the First Hokage

unRealSmok3
11-17-2007, 11:21 PM
yo look at video 3 u can play as 1st 2nd 3rd hokage crazy

gmoney2141
i want this game!!

Drethen
Oh wtf Ubi.

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:23 PM
do you think an imported ps2 and this game would work in america?

TCSX
11-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by teamliquid:

after watching those jutsu's and graphics, i lost all respect to ROAN, it makes roan look like a joke and a horrible failed attempt at creating a naruto game.

Oh yes. I saw those the other day.

FeenX009
11-17-2007, 11:29 PM
OMFG! I getting this for sure when it ships U.S. F'this 360 next gen blah blah BS. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I believe it should be illegal for USA to know about these games, because they will make us go crazy by the time it comes out here

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:36 PM
I've actually considered getting one of those Swap Magic Disks/Slide Tool to play some of these games. If it weren't for the fact that importing can be expensive (last time I checked, Narutimate Accel 1 was about $72 + shipping).

I should go check out the local import store...

FeenX009
11-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by The_Polski:
I've actually considered getting one of those Swap Magic Disks/Slide Tool to play some of these games. If it weren't for the fact that importing can be expensive (last time I checked, Narutimate Accel 1 was about $72 + shipping).

I dont know much about this "import" can you explain this to me? how, when, where? would be very appreciate ol'chap http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

teamliquid
11-17-2007, 11:42 PM
i used to buy imported dragonball z games for the playstation 1 couple of years ago. from what i remember it came with a green disc and this weird adapter that you would place in the ps1, then afterwards insert the imported dbz game

Inuzuka_Kizu
11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by The_Polski:

play-asia.com does quite respectable prices and very good customer service, That's where I do all my importing from http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure which part you want me to explain, so I guess I'll just say the whole thing:

Importing would be getting the game direct from Japan (or indirectly through stores that specialize in that sort of thing). However, systems are region locked, and therefore games can't be played on consoles from different regions. There are various ways of getting around that, be it modding the PS2 with a chip, or using a disk that overrides the region lock.

The_Polski
11-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Inuzuka_Kizu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Polski:

play-asia.com does quite respectable prices and very good customer service, That's where I do all my importing from http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've looked there too, I've always been "right on the fence" about doing it, then decide not too.

Money's been kinda tight lately.

K4KASH1
11-17-2007, 11:52 PM
see this is what a naruto game should be like.. cant wait till march 2008 ulitmate hero 3 comes out.. the roster is stacked u can even be the 4th!!!

well ubi takes notes

FeenX009
11-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info on the imports guys. Now one word for UBI.. "creativity" and trust me i saw alot of that in accels specials.

The_Polski
11-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Actually, just went to play-asia.com, and Narutimate Accel 2 is only $64.

Hmmm......

Dion1725
11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
omg... that first video was sick.. I wonder what the regular gameplay is like

FeenX009
11-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Narutos dad(I forgot his name,4th hokage) was moving so fast that I really didnt understand his special.. or it couldve been the darkness. So what exactlly was that? anyone?

Inuzuka_Kizu
11-18-2007, 12:17 AM
I didn't watch the whole vid, Feen, but i'm guessing it was the technique that got him the nickname the "yellow flash" in which he teleports between kunai he has thrown http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The_Polski
11-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Inuzuka_Kizu, what would you say is the best method for playing import games? Discs, or chips?

Inuzuka_Kizu
11-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Discs, chips can destroy the warranty you have, which means if it breaks somehow, you can't send it off to get repaired without paying alot of money, Plus once you open the system and install the chip, it'll never be quite the same again.

Also Discs are generally cheaper, and easy to install as you only have to buy it and run it before playing an import, rather than having to buy a chip and then pay someone to install it for you.

The_Polski
11-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the info. Though I do remember reading that you have to manually open the tray (assuming the disc is still spinning, right?) Wouldn't that be bad for the lens?

Inuzuka_Kizu
11-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't think so, The one I used to use for the PS2, the disc stopped spinning, then you take it out, and put the new one in. Doesn't harm the lens at all..
Not sure if it's different for the 360, but i'm sure it wouldn't be so popular if it really messed up the console.

parunga1
11-18-2007, 01:30 AM
naruto shippuden is only out for the ps2. there is also a newer one naruto accel 2. its not out for the wii sadly.

Zeon636
11-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Whatever. I think RoaN is pretty great.
If you are looking for just a Naruto fighting game though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG9gS_K6Gwg

I dunno why nobody has heard about these games before. They've been out for a while.

Drethen
11-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Zeon636:
Whatever. I think RoaN is pretty great.
If you are looking for just a Naruto fighting game though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG9gS_K6Gwg

I dunno why nobody has heard about these games before. They've been out for a while.

Only Naruto game I knew of was ROAN and some for psp.

NinjaHawaiian
11-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Horrible failed attempt? I beg to differ, all these games you're talking about, mind you is all in japan. That video you saw is no where near the episodes that are supposed to take place in Roan. Also mind you Naruto ultimate is not a free roam game it's also a 2 dimensional fighter. Every naruto ultimate game is a 2 Dimensional fighter and thats about it. Do NOT bash RoaN other than the ninja turtle game this is one of their first fighter/action games and it's pretty damn good.

Drethen
11-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by NinjaHawaiian:
Horrible failed attempt? I beg to differ, all these games you're talking about, mind you is all in japan. That video you saw is no where near the episodes that are supposed to take place in Roan. Also mind you Naruto ultimate is not a free roam game it's also a 2 dimensional fighter. Every naruto ultimate game is a 2 Dimensional fighter and thats about it. Do NOT bash RoaN other than the ninja turtle game this is one of their first fighter/action games and it's pretty damn good.

I may be in the minority here but, ROAN is the best 360 game out atm.... *runs and hides*

VegaGF
11-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Drethen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaHawaiian:

I may be in the minority here but, ROAN is the best 360 game out atm.... *runs and hides* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes this is probably the first good game ive seen on xbox so far if your like me and dont like:
Poor Rpgs (i like good ones but 360 doesnt have any)
Sports games
Shooters
Racing games

360 in a nutshell:Racing,Sport and shooters and continuing failed attempt on creating a good RPG for it, so ROAN is the first interesting game i have bought of wich i did not know its existence when i bought the 360.

Drethen
11-18-2007, 03:10 AM
Depends on the shooter, but I'm generally an RPG fanatic!

DomJ2006
11-18-2007, 04:09 AM
it doesn't look that awesome...rock lee pulled off the same cartwheel flip thing like 10 times in a row...or maybe i'm just too drunk to have a valid opinion i have no idea i'll look at it 2morrow gnite every1

ohoni
11-18-2007, 06:00 AM
do you think an imported ps2 and this game would work in america?

Yes, or if you have an older PS2 you can use the slidcard method, costs like $30 and you can play import games just fine. I wish they had a swap-method for the Wii so I could play the latest Gekitaisen games too.

And yeah, Shippuden Accel has a roughly 15-20 hour adventure mode to it, with a little platforming, a little realtime 3D fighting as Naruto, several types of minigames, but mostly fighting in the standard Shippuden fighting engine. It';s fun though (but knowing Japanese helps).

If you don't want that one and have a GC or Wii you could import one of the GC Gekitaisen games instead, and use a swap dics real easy.

You fail sir, for having no idea what you're talking about.

Both NH3 (out in the US this Spring) and Shippuden Accel (and likely SA2) have free romaing 3D components. They don't have nearly as much detail to Konoha, but they are very fun, and offer hours more playtime than the single-player elements of RoaN.

And BTW, NH3 (out this Spring in the US) has every character that Shippuden Accel has, aside from the 15 post-time-skip characters that many of you wouldn't recognize anyways. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Shippuden came out a little early, I'd hate to think that Cartoon Network would scuttle the franchise by trying to pass off those filler episoes as worthwhile television.

greggles
11-18-2007, 06:50 AM
wow...thats bloody awesome...
I can understand why the hardcore gamer would laugh at ROAN. It's very much like guilty gear...very japanese style gaming with lots of stuff...I think ROAN is a rush job but it appeals to the causal gamer and was quite easy to pick up today when I invited a few friends over who's only seen a few episodes of naruto.

but still..wow..thats so awesome...the cut scenes...gee...lost for words...

you can't even compare it to ROAN, it's in a different leauge.

EAzy-bbr
11-18-2007, 07:12 AM
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Parn1024/video/1700511/Naruto-Ps3-Project-TGS-2007

man me too after i seen this from 4 months ago i already knew that it was going to be way better than roan since ubi dropped the ball for having the best naruto game i think the ps3 will.i dont know about u guys but im getting a ps3

fenix_supre1990
11-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Is the 1st game of ubisoft, is very very big game roan, ciberconecct2: naruto ultimate: 1 2 3, and naruto utlimate accel, 1 2, and naruto nultimate ninja psp, and naruto ultimate ninja heros....

More game...

Valkyrie XI
11-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Do me a favor and watch AUCTAL gameplay from that game, such as this. Noticed how its wayyy different from the video? Compare that to roan and you should know whats better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_E1hyddsis&feature=related

MacLeod1
11-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Accel 1?

The game is half a year old, haven't you seen it before?
But yeah, the specials in the Narutimett series always rocked, but ROAN can't make all those specials since the story of Accel is much more developed.

But the single player of ROAN is definitely better then Accel and the Fighting System probably, also, although the characters in Accel behave more than the Anime counterparts as the ROAN characters.

So, yeah, Accel rocks. Accel 2 is going to rock even more. (Coming in the end of this month)

helyea0911
11-18-2007, 09:51 AM
my neighbor has had naruto accel for a while now and i must admit its awsome and figths look way better than roan but you have to remeber that roan
its just in the 1st 80 episodes and that it only has 11 characters i beleive that if it wasnt for those 2 things roan would be the best naruto fighting game out there also roan is not a complete fighting game its half rpg and half figthing so there are other games out there that are better fitghers than roan but when you look at it as whole even if its incomplete its the best one out there plus its first naruto game that has internet capabilities

teamliquid
11-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by haloguy123:
Do me a favor and watch AUCTAL gameplay from that game, such as this. Noticed how its wayyy different from the video? Compare that to roan and you should know whats better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_E1hyddsis&feature=related

wow i love the fact that they start battling on the ground, then somehow manage to fight on top of the roof in the same round. also love the fact that can run of the walls, and at 5:00mins check out that air juggle! kakashi literally kicks him up like 500 feet in the air lolol 20 hit combo nice! not to mention id rather fight a 2d sprite like that rather than people sidestepping all day and never get to see a combo actual land.

icyfire126
11-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Damn Neji, Ten-Ten, Gaara, Itachi, and Kisame Whipped *ss.... My favorite was naruto because he turned into the fox and used a rasengan the size of a spirit bomb from DBZ!!!

AGT_Requiem
11-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I believe it should be illegal for USA to know about these games, because they will make us go crazy by the time it comes out here

Naruto Shippuuden Narutimate Accel, this is a really good game, It is a free roam RPG, with a Vs mode. It has just about every character up to where Team Kakashi take out Itachi's clone (ep 14 or 15 in shippuuden). In the beginning of the game it covers what naruto was doing in his 2 and a half years of training with Jiriya, But you have to know Japenese to understand it. Naruto Shippuuden Narutimate Accel 2 is coming out 12/20/07, which is roughly one month. And I cant wait to get It the day it comes out. Btw if your in America you can play this game, you need a modded Ps2, or a PAL Ps2. You can download the game off of verious game torrent sites, and burn it.

teamliquid
11-18-2007, 11:43 AM
i want this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AigGGU-_Uls
the whole game should just be that dancing all game long. id never be bored.

element4q2
11-18-2007, 02:13 PM

I own copies of all of the Narutimate Hero games incl. Accel shown in the above clip. I can assure you that:
- The graphics are nowhere as good as ROAN. The cel shading system is VASTLY superior to those seen in the PS2 games.
- The RPG modes are shallow and shorter than ROAN
- The jutsu sequences are over the top and inaccurate in the later games.
- Their only redeeming feature is that they are good fighting games with large character rosters.

NinjaHawaiian
11-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by element4q2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teamliquid:

I own copies of all of the Narutimate Hero games incl. Accel shown in the above clip. I can assure you that:
- The graphics are nowhere as good as ROAN. The cel shading system is VASTLY superior to those seen in the PS2 games.
- Their only redeeming feature is that they are good fighting games with large character rosters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah what he said, also keep in mind geniuses this is ubi's FIRST naruto game Ultimate ninja3 and all of the other **** being shown in this thread came from companies who had time to better improve their product. WHEREAS this was ubi's first attempt at a naruto game and it's second at most attempt at a fighting/action game. Also there are some good rpgs for the xbox mass effect and oblivion being a few.

Alucard1985
11-18-2007, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teamliquid:

- Their only redeeming feature is that they are good fighting games with large character rosters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

both games are quite balanced in different areas overall. I wouldnt say that narutimate accel ISNT better than RoaN but it isnt worse than RoAN either. Ougis are over the top and just feel tacked on animation scene with no control i agree, but they more than make up for that in real time, in stage animations for moves.
On the other hand RoaN has very limited throws and limited animations for real time, in stage moves but has interactive specials which doesn't detach from the combat.

All that the narutimate accel series needs is a transport to the current gen and it pwns RoaN. i really dont do this usually but i take back any negativity towards the ps3 project, if anything that could be really good and totally pwn this game.

Zeon636
11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
So I've played both Narutimate Hero games and GNT (Geketou Ninja Teisen). GNT (aka Clash of Ninja) is easily the best Naruto fighiting game around!
However, RoaN is overall, a MUCH more polished, faithful game, that really makes you feel like you are living the Anime.
All these videos that people are getting their panties in a bunch about are SPECIALS from Narutimate Hero Accel. THEY ARE JUST CUTSCENES! I hate the way the specials work in Narutimate, and that is something that ROAN does perfectly.

RoaN in the only true Naruto next-gen experience.

element4q2
11-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Alucard1985:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element4q2:

both games are quite balanced in different areas overall. I wouldnt say that narutimate accel ISNT better than RoaN but it isnt worse than RoAN either. Ougis are over the top and just feel tacked on animation scene with no control i agree, but they more than make up for that in real time, in stage animations for moves.
On the other hand RoaN has very limited throws and limited animations for real time, in stage moves but has interactive specials which doesn't detach from the combat.

All that the narutimate accel series needs is a transport to the current gen and it pwns RoaN. i really dont do this usually but i take back any negativity towards the ps3 project, if anything that could be really good and totally pwn this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not saying that the PS2 games are worse. In fact I enjoyed them more than ROAN...hence my buying every single one. I was countering teamliquid's and other's opinions since they have not played the PS2 games yet claim them to be better by judging from a youtube clip.

FeenX009
11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Wow! after watching some of the actual game play I kinda was like.. I should blow the dust off my gamecube and play some supersmash bros. The game play is simular to smash but the specials are like atari's Dbz because the specials are devistating. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But overall Ima still get this game lads.

spidadragon
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by VegaGF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drethen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaHawaiian:

I may be in the minority here but, ROAN is the best 360 game out atm.... *runs and hides* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes this is probably the first good game ive seen on xbox so far if your like me and dont like:
Sports games
Shooters
Racing games

360 in a nutshell:Racing,Sport and shooters and continuing failed attempt on creating a good RPG for it, so ROAN is the first interesting game i have bought of wich i did not know its existence when i bought the 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oblivion? Mass Effect?

If that is all the 360 has then what does the Ps3 have right now?

spidadragon
11-18-2007, 05:35 PM

That is such an unreasonable statement. That is the fourth game in the series, while Roan is the first, the had four attempts and making a good game, they had 4 chances to improve upon the jutus, fighting, amount of characters.

It's a japanese developer so they are much farther ahead and can have many more characters. Plus Ubisoft only have the rights to a certain amount of characters and are trying to get more.

Give Ubisoft a break, show a compilation of stuff from Ultimate Ninja 1 and I'm pretty sure it will be a lot less impressive.

teamliquid
11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by spidadragon:

That is such an unreasonable statement. That is the fourth game in the series, while Roan is the first, the had four attempts and making a good game, they had 4 chances to improve upon the jutus, fighting, amount of characters.

It's a japanese developer so they are much farther ahead and can have many more characters. Plus Ubisoft only have the rights to a certain amount of characters and are trying to get more.

Give Ubisoft a break, show a compilation of stuff from Ultimate Ninja 1 and I'm pretty sure it will be a lot less impressive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

JR3_07
11-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I always liked GNT 4 more than the ultimate ninja's. Their fighting engine just seemed like more of the other 3d fighters that were out. It was about strategy and combo timing. Ultimate ninja is really more about flashy cinematics. Cinematics are cool and all, but after a while, they get repetitive and very annoying that you have to stop fighting to watch these things. The mini games they have for those aren't very entertaining either. GNT 4 was fast paced and still took strategy to beat a veteran. Plus they had four player free for all's and three person team based battles. If you picked a special team of three they would even do a different special that featured all of their moves together.

spidadragon
11-18-2007, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spidadragon:

Give Ubisoft a break, show a compilation of stuff from Ultimate Ninja 1 and I'm pretty sure it will be a lot less impressive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? you agree with me, you disagree with yourself? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

teamliquid
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spidadragon:

Give Ubisoft a break, show a compilation of stuff from Ultimate Ninja 1 and I'm pretty sure it will be a lot less impressive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? you agree with me, you disagree with yourself? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

FeenX009
11-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5HZXLjvP_U&feature=related) after reading up. Nothing special, just the type of epic battle i would like to see in a RoaN game. quality might not be so good =/

sarophim
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
To be honest guy, those cutscenes do totally make me drool. They absolutly DEMOLISH RoaN animations any day of the week. The problem with ultimate ninja is those cutscenes are about all it has going for it. The fighting is rediculously baisic, and there isnt any combo that is better than another. Baisically the entire game is just you waiting until your chakara is full enought and then trying to hit with it. you press the button and they turn a different color for each power level of jutsu and rush forward. If they touch your enemy they do their special. Beating the game on singleplayer is simply a matter of spamming your special as it cant be blocked, and multiplayer is just a who can get more specials off contest. RoaN may be a fairly shallow fighter, but ultimate ninja gets old REALLY REALLY fast. I had more fun watching the specials then i did playing the game, at which point i realized something was seriously seriously wrong.

JR3_07
11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by sarophim:
To be honest guy, those cutscenes do totally make me drool. They absolutly DEMOLISH RoaN animations any day of the week. The problem with ultimate ninja is those cutscenes are about all it has going for it. The fighting is rediculously baisic, and there isnt any combo that is better than another. Baisically the entire game is just you waiting until your chakara is full enought and then trying to hit with it. you press the button and they turn a different color for each power level of jutsu and rush forward. If they touch your enemy they do their special. Beating the game on singleplayer is simply a matter of spamming your special as it cant be blocked, and multiplayer is just a who can get more specials off contest. RoaN may be a fairly shallow fighter, but ultimate ninja gets old REALLY REALLY fast. I had more fun watching the specials then i did playing the game, at which point i realized something was seriously seriously wrong.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

ultimate ninja is overrated and unfortunately clash of ninja is overlooked.

The_Polski
11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, to say the truth, I really do like RoaN, just to be sure no one thought I was bashing it. I just also really like the other games, and hope that some things can be learned from them. I know this is UBI's first Naruto game, and I'm gonna cut them slack, despite the many things said about it being "incomplete." It's just that in the other games, I feel more like I'm fighting a Naruto-style ninja battle, not just a fighting game with a Naruto paint job.

That being said, I still find RoaN really fun, and in no way regret my purchase. I just would've done some things differently, that's all.

ohoni
11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Yes, Shippuden Accel, duh. Of course it's a different style of gameplay from RoaN. If you want a game that is the same style of gameplay as RoaN, only better, you have to go with Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2-4 for Gamecube.

But yeah, the specials in the Narutimett series always rocked, but ROAN can't make all those specials since the story of Accel is much more developed.

You know, they make up at least half the supers in the NH series from scratch (but they still seem accurate to what the character WOULD do).

Yeah what he said, also keep in mind geniuses this is ubi's FIRST naruto game Ultimate ninja3 and all of the other **** being shown in this thread came from companies who had time to better improve their product. WHEREAS this was ubi's first attempt at a naruto game and it's second at most attempt at a fighting/action game. Also there are some good rpgs for the xbox mass effect and oblivion being a few.

That's a completely moot point. So what if this is Ubi's first game? That doesn't give them liscense to make the game any less than 8ing or Cyberconnect's latest games. Game companies have to constantly IMPROVE on what's around them, whether it's something that they made or not. If you were to make a platformer today you wouldn't get any kudos for it being slightly better than Super Mario Bros., you'd have to compete with the hundreds of platformers that have come out since then.

If Ubi wanted to make a game that was merely comperable to GNT1 or NH1 then they should have made it four years ago. In 2007 they have to make a game that's competative with 2007 Naruto games, or face ridicule for falling short of them.

What are you talking about? The specials in the NH series are totally blockable, they are really a huge pain to land, and most rounds it's just not worth trying. Also, each character in the game behaves very differently, with completely different tactics on how to best use their jutsus (the non-super ones) and their attack strings. If you think otherwise then it's likely because you've never encountered a really skilled player.

FeenX009
11-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ohoni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do me a favor and watch AUCTAL gameplay from that game, such as this. Noticed how its wayyy different from the video? Compare that to roan and you should know whats better.

Yes, Shippuden Accel, duh. Of course it's a different style of gameplay from RoaN. If you want a game that is the same style of gameplay as RoaN, only better, you have to go with Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2-4 for Gamecube.

You know, they make up at least half the supers in the NH series from scratch (but they still seem accurate to what the character WOULD do).

That's a completely moot point. So what if this is Ubi's first game? That doesn't give them liscense to make the game any less than 8ing or Cyberconnect's latest games. Game companies have to constantly IMPROVE on what's around them, whether it's something that they made or not. If you were to make a platformer today you wouldn't get any kudos for it being slightly better than Super Mario Bros., you'd have to compete with the hundreds of platformers that have come out since then.

If Ubi wanted to make a game that was merely comperable to GNT1 or NH1 then they should have made it four years ago. In 2007 they have to make a game that's competative with 2007 Naruto games, or face ridicule for falling short of them.

What are you talking about? The specials in the NH series are totally blockable, they are really a huge pain to land, and most rounds it's just not worth trying. Also, each character in the game behaves very differently, with completely different tactics on how to best use their jutsus (the non-super ones) and their attack strings. If you think otherwise then it's likely because you've never encountered a really skilled player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You sound like one of those "skilled players" wondering.. have I ever encountered you on youtube videos?

FeenX009
11-18-2007, 10:40 PM
[/QUOTE]
You sound like one of those "skilled players" wondering.. have I ever encountered you on youtube videos?[/QUOTE]
Damn this bloody english.. mean you record on youtube fights?

jabjal
11-18-2007, 10:53 PM
ye um my brutha isnt the greatest ultimate ninja player and even he blocks the specials no problem wat naruto game were you playin

JR3_07
11-18-2007, 11:48 PM
i know you can't block specials in the GNT series. you have to sidestep or jump out of the way.

action160
11-18-2007, 11:48 PM
teamliquid you need to chill. First the jutsu that are put into the game are only ment for ep 80 and below. Next the games you are looking at are Japanese and unfortunately we don't get the same game releases as them. Ubi is working with in limitations set by the company that brought naruto over here. Thats just how it is. I own all of those naruto JP games and the JP systems. They are fun, but unless you understand Japanese its only about half as fun. For what this is or supposed to be I'm glad we got naruto rise of the ninja, that means there is hope for better games from this series in English. You can't see the bigger picture and can't understand how things work.

If you can't understand the market or just don't you shouldn't comment on things like this. Its just ignorant, I have no respect for you because of that post. For what UBI was given and what they wanted to do they did a good job. Also are you creating games? Are you doing anything proactive to make games better? No? Nothing? Just chill and have fun paying for imports and not understanding any dialog. Blah this topic is over.

ps
Do we really need to go into marketing and why they couldn't go past ep 80? The diffrance between anime and manga. Also about American release dates. I don't think so, I hope you understand.

BlazingDevil
11-19-2007, 02:01 AM
accel beats roan in the specials department but the fighting in it gets boring quick but accel 2 seems to be alot better with team specials and all
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif
import before christmas
but still play ROAN when i feel like beating the **** out of someone

Alucard1985
11-19-2007, 03:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alucard1985:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element4q2:

All that the narutimate accel series needs is a transport to the current gen and it pwns RoaN. i really dont do this usually but i take back any negativity towards the ps3 project, if anything that could be really good and totally pwn this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not saying that the PS2 games are worse. In fact I enjoyed them more than ROAN...hence my buying every single one. I was countering teamliquid's and other's opinions since they have not played the PS2 games yet claim them to be better by judging from a youtube clip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've played the game and whole the gameplay is incredible those youtube clips hardly do anything for his argument. They are just a series of non interactive, pre-rendered overblown cutscenes. When executed they detach you from the battle. Like watching a cutscene that just interupts your combat. I do however appreciate the status effects that lead on from those cutscenes, like the transformations of byakugan and sharingan modes.

NinjaHawaiian
11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VegaGF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drethen:

Sports games
Shooters
Racing games

360 in a nutshell:Racing,Sport and shooters and continuing failed attempt on creating a good RPG for it, so ROAN is the first interesting game i have bought of wich i did not know its existence when i bought the 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oblivion? Mass Effect?

If that is all the 360 has then what does the Ps3 have right now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well first off gaystation fan boy the gaystation obviously doesn't have enough since wii and xbox are both outselling it. They took oblivion from xbox and if you really want to see every single game for the xbox go look at the xbox.com forums they have a sub-forum for every single game produced for the xbox. Oblivion and Mass effect along with a soon release of Huxley hopefully. They don't have many rpgs but the few that they do have are awesome.

teamliquid
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
blue dragon sucks along with any rpg game that xbox has

Drethen
11-19-2007, 09:41 AM
blue dragon sucks along with any rpg game that xbox has

Oblivion kicks *** dude, and Enchanted Arms was decent.

teamliquid
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
i take it back, oblivion was pretty damn good

EAzy-bbr
11-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Like i said before when it comes to rpgs ps3 is going to have it locked but when it comes to first person shooters 360 will have it locked.im just waiting till january to save up an buy a ps3 and mgs4

Alucard1985
11-19-2007, 10:24 AM
i take it back, oblivion was pretty damn good

best of e3 2005, best rpg at e3 2005.....that game is (not 'was') frackin' awesome!

EAzy-bbr
11-19-2007, 10:28 AM
yo but i really dont consider oblivion a true rpg to me its more of an action adventure rpg.the 360 sucks so far with its rpg titles.

Alucard1985
11-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by EAzy-bbr:
yo but i really dont consider oblivion a true rpg to me its more of an action adventure rpg.the 360 sucks so far with its rpg titles.

the 360 has twice as many rpgs as the ps3. Are you forgetting last remnant (square enix),lost oddyssey (mistwalker) and infinite undiscovery (square enix) all 'exclusive' to the 360.
The 360 has more japanese rpg support at the moment than ps3, so where you get your ideas from i have NO IDEA!

Jenovas_Witness
11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm sick of the PS3 being heralded as the "RPG console". It does not have more RPGs than the Xbox360. Not now, probably not even in '08. You can't even say that it only has Western RPGs.

-FFXI
-Blue Dragon
-Lost Odyssey
-Cry On
-The Last Remnant
-Infinite Undiscovery
-PSU

All are JRPGs. If anything, the Wii is the RPG console. It will have more than both.

EAzy-bbr
11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
dog if u read my post right i said that the ps3 is "going to" have rpg's locked.(key words going to and is as of right now).

Plus the Last remnant is also on the ps3 and look at all the upcoming rpg ps3 titles

Star Ocean 4
Last Remnant
White Knight Story
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Angel Rings
Elveon
Shin Megami Tensei
Monster Hunter 3

EAzy-bbr
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
and the reason that the playstation series gets herald as the kings of rpg's is because they always have the best.the 360 could put out 20 rpgs and the ps3 could put out 5,and i would bet u the ps3 would have more better rpg's than the 360.i mean they have Final fantasy 13 and versus 13,it just dont get know better than that

Jenovas_Witness
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Monster Hunter 3 was canceled for the PS3. It's now a Wii exclusive. Elveon is going to be on the Xbox360 aswell.

spidadragon
11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by NinjaHawaiian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VegaGF:

Sports games
Shooters
Racing games

Oblivion? Mass Effect?

If that is all the 360 has then what does the Ps3 have right now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well first off gaystation fan boy the gaystation obviously doesn't have enough since wii and xbox are both outselling it. They took oblivion from xbox and if you really want to see every single game for the xbox go look at the xbox.com forums they have a sub-forum for every single game produced for the xbox. Oblivion and Mass effect along with a soon release of Huxley hopefully. They don't have many rpgs but the few that they do have are awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait are you talking about me? I'm for the 360 not the Ps3 so dont get confused.

the4everclear
11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Wait... Blue Dragon... sucked?

Why in the world do you think Blue Dragon, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Enchanted Arms, Lost Odessy, Final Fantasy 11, & Fallout 3... Why would you think these RPGs are bad? Are you a child who does nothing but complain?

Blue Dragon was a little childish, Oblivion was a little time consuming, Mass Effect is a little late, Enchanted Arms was a little different, Lost Odessy is a little outlandish, Final Fantasy 11 is a little expensive, Fallout 3 is a little while from now. God, does each of these mediocre problems constitute a bad game?

Ill give you Two Worlds and Eternal Sonata. Both pretty bad. But that pailes in comparison to the incredible ammount of selection that the 360 offers. Please, name me one title on the ps3 now that offers more than 10 hours of game-play AND is an RPG. Gee, FF13 is a good example, to freaking bad it doesnt come out until 2009.

Microsoft has noticed the ps2s sucess with a market that was flooded with regurgitated RPGs. And to one up Sony they have invested heavily in bringing QUALITY RPGs to their console. Instead of dumping a ton of half rate wannabes along with Final Fantasy.

You know what, I dont want you playing the 360, you disgust me teamliquid.

action160
11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Enchanted arms wasn't bad, but Oblivion was damn awesome. The 360 is making a good effort towards making some good RPG's. Anyone know about Mass Effect? Lets not forget all the older titles as well that xbox has had. Knights Of The Old Republic anyone? Yes they may not be conventional RPG's but they are awesome. Here is a list of xbox360 titles.

Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Two Worlds
Oblivion + Shivering Isles
Phantasy Star Universe
Enchanted arms
Final Fantasy XI

So far the RPG's aren't bad, we just need more of them. Also if your only playing games for RPG's get a DS or just a ps2.

Also think about it this way, did any other system aside from Wii and Xbox make an english Naruto game just for the US? Wii was really more of a rehash but still point remains. PS3 is making one but is it going to be released in Japan first or are they making it for the american market?

As it stands the best system in my opinion is the 360. Its versatile and the online has no equal as of yet. The sony network has some catching up to do. They were smart about it, release first and have a price that didn't make you cry.

I own all the systems and all my PS3 has been good for is playing ps2 games. Very sad to tell the truth. Now sony has lost a lot of exclusive titles so I switched all my reserves to xbox, my friends are online and even known it is dorky I still get achievement points.

Sony just went stupid for their newest console, they were to cocky and thought everyone would buy it. Well that didn't happen. If they stayed to the formula of the ps2 and released first at a good price it would all be different.

action160
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by the4everclear:

Why in the world do you think Blue Dragon, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Enchanted Arms, Lost Odessy, Final Fantasy 11, & Fallout 3... Why would you think these RPGs are bad? Are you a child who does nothing but complain?

Blue Dragon was a little childish, Oblivion was a little time consuming, Mass Effect is a little late, Enchanted Arms was a little different, Lost Odessy is a little outlandish, Final Fantasy 11 is a little expensive, Fallout 3 is a little while from now. God, does each of these mediocre problems constitute a bad game?

Ill give you Two Worlds and Eternal Sonata. Both pretty bad. But that pailes in comparison to the incredible ammount of selection that the 360 offers. Please, name me one title on the ps3 now that offers more than 10 hours of game-play AND is an RPG. Gee, FF13 is a good example, to freaking bad it doesnt come out until 2009.

Microsoft has noticed the ps2s sucess with a market that was flooded with regurgitated RPGs. And to one up Sony they have invested heavily in bringing QUALITY RPGs to their console. Instead of dumping a ton of half rate wannabes along with Final Fantasy.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

teamliquid
11-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by action160:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the4everclear:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

BlazingDevil
11-19-2007, 03:37 PM
i think ROAN is gonna be just like naruto ultimate ninja series the 1st one usually sucks then prt 2 gets a little better the 3rd one is usually the best then they go on to shippuden http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

BlazingDevil
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
ACCEL 2 is gonna DOMINATE THIS GAME but ubi will probably find a way to fix there mistakes i'll give them another chance but right now imma stick with accel and wait for accel 2 (my xbox broke thats why http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

revolution2
11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
I've played Ultimate Ninja 3, and I have to tell you it's awsome! But, Rise of The Ninja is still a great game. It might have a lot of flaws, but come on, it's the first Naruto RPG on Xbox 360, so give it a chance guys. Also the PS3 really doesn't have that many games to offer. So far(and I'm emphazising on so far), the Xbox 360 has more games to offer and of better quality than the PS3, but who knows, the PS3 might give out better games, or it might not, no one knows for sure.

ohoni
11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
You sound like one of those "skilled players" wondering.. have I ever encountered you on youtube videos?

I'm not nearly that skilled, I'm about halfway between "novice" and "expert", but I've played enough of the game to know how varied each character is, and how big the gulf is between playing skillfully and just playing.

i know you can't block specials in the GNT series. you have to sidestep or jump out of the way.

Now this is true, while supers are fully blockable in the NH series, supers in GNT are unblockable, but most of them are easy to side-step or hit the opponent out of. If you try to use supers recklessly against a halfway decent opponent all that'll happen is he'll sidestep you, start wailing on you, and you won't have the chakra left to kawarimi out of it.

Next the games you are looking at are Japanese and unfortunately we don't get the same game releases as them.

NH3 is out this fall in the US. It has everything we've been talking about aside from the Shippuden characters.

Clash of Ninjas 2 is out as well, and while I haven't played the US version, the Japanese one was better than RoaN. I'm sure CoN3 isn't too far off either.

ps
Do we really need to go into marketing and why they couldn't go past ep 80? The diffrance between anime and manga. Also about American release dates. I don't think so, I hope you understand.

The American run is up to episode 120 or so right now. Well past episode 80. they were past episode 80 in the Spring. Don't blame the American release schedule for RoaN's flaws.

It might have a lot of flaws, but come on, it's the first Naruto RPG on Xbox 360, so give it a chance guys.

I'm really tired of people making excuses for this game as if it's the "first" at anything. It's not the first "Naruto RPG and/or platformer", NH3, Accel, the GBA RPG, and the Chronicles games all contained some or all of those elements. It's not nearly the first Naruto fighter, there are nearly a dozen of those out already.

Yeah, it's the first on the 360, but so what? That's just hardware, it's irrelevant to whether this is a good product or not.

Yeah, it's the first Naruto game by Ubisoft, but so what? If they didn't squeeze every ounce of intel out of the games producted by 8ing and Cyberconnect before making this one then they are beyond foolish. When you make a game, you don't do so in a vaccuum, you make games that stand on the shoulders of giants, and this game barely comes up to Accel and GANT4's knees.

Is this the best Naruto game it could possibly be? If not, then that's just what it is, regardless of how many Naruto games Ubi's made before it. They might make a second game that is way better, I wish them every luck in that endever, but if they do, it still wouldn't make this product any better than it is.

helyea0911
11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
girl named lauren was walking in a forest and then she just disapeard no one ever found her untill 2000 when a yong girl caled Mary found her body and markings on her chest saying: I wasnt prety enough" and now you have read this she wil apear in your mirorsaying your not prety enough and kil you. the girl called mary</3 died shortly after. To be saved paste this to 5 other pages THIS IS TRUE Now uv strted redin dis dnt stop This is so scary Send this to 5 ova pages in 143 mintes. When ur done pres F6 and ur crushes name wil apear on the scren in big leters. This is scary cause it actualy works

ohoni
11-20-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't trust witchcraft that cannot spell.

action160
11-20-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by ohoni:
I don't trust witchcraft that cannot spell.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

lol