PDA

View Full Version : The MP 40 sound in BIA

theodore.eicke
05-11-2005, 07:09 PM
BIA makers said that sounds in the game would be authentic!
Would you compare this REAL sound of the MP with the one in the game!
And am I wrong or right?
MP sound (http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/videolinks.html)

wowmark32
05-15-2005, 05:58 AM
wow good job world war 2 online i cant tell the difernce.

(a diff game i play, mmo fps ww2 game.) www.playnet.com (http://www.playnet.com)

theodore.eicke
05-15-2005, 12:38 PM
WOW!
i have ww2 online but i wouldnt on earth pay money to play it. I spent money to buy it and they want me to pay for playing! NO WAY

WE_STAND_ALONE
05-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Theodore,

Those videos were taken/recorded under a protective shooting roof...just about every one sounds very "tinny"...like the sounds reflecting off the ceiling which I bet is just metal.. (fire a gun in a 55 gallon drum with your head inside)

That MP40 does not sound like the one I fired according to video. Also a big factor is how it was recorded...my digicam will take short videos but gun sounds are a bit different when they are played back..obviously not human ear.

theodore.eicke
05-20-2005, 06:09 AM
I dont really care where they are it is an MP being fired. The RPM is good for the weapon and the 9mm round sounds realistic. The point is, it doesnt matter where it was shot its an MP 40 being fired. The video quality is not bad either. True dig cams distort sounds a bit but its still realistic. PLZ compare it with the MP 40 sound in BIA.
I just cant stand that MP 40 in BIA it sounds awful.

WE_STAND_ALONE
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Okay...my point was the sound in the video link you gave is "different" due to their location..thats all

Here is a video of me firing an MP40 outside no protective cover..nothing to reflect sound except ground.

http://www.cvcycles.com/jetfixer/DSCF0965.AVI

theodore.eicke
05-21-2005, 04:41 PM
YOu are right indeed! It sounds different but it also sounds incredibly distant in the video.
It is closer to BIA, but i can imagine when you hold an MP 40 to your shoulder and fire it, without earplugs,it sounds more deep. I dont want to argue but I still cant associate the BIA MP40 sound with the real life. Its just my opinion of course.

theodore.eicke
05-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the link by the way!

texan68
05-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I disagree with most of the gun sounds. The k98 sounds like a blackcat firecracker, while in real life it just about makes you deaf. Also looking down the sights of the k98 in the game, is nothing like what looking down the sights of a k98 in real life is like. In real life you can see the bolt , and the safty switch....like Call of Duty...very nice k98. They said they did research....my a$$....to me it looks like they never even touched a k98.

greenlionhaert
05-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Someone on the forum said they mixed the rifles up. He would have able to point us the weapon which was used by gearbox to make the ironsight of the 'K98' which actualy was another weapon.

gustave.jany
05-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Oh yes I agree texan K98k sounds way off(and looks off).
I FOUND THE KAR 98 SOUND BEING USEd in BIA IN THE ****Y GAME G.I. Combat. It was the exact same thing as BIA. Now, Gearbox DEFINETLY screwed thing up with the German weapons.