PDA

View Full Version : fight the gaurd on horse

Vito1951
05-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Is there a trick to fighgt the soldeirs on horseback? Tried pressing O (PS3)

Wantmeaninja
05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
A particular mission or just in general? For the mission where you have to kill the captain on horseback in the big field just hire mercinaries to help back you up or call your assassins(that's what I did). The mercinaries are located straight across the field from where the assassin contract bird post thingy is. Walk around the fence to get to them though so you don't intiate the fight. While on foot wait for him to charge and just counter until the horse dumps him and then finish him off. To kill random guards on horses while you're on also on a horse just get right next to them and tap the kill button. If you're on foot(like before) just wait for them to charge and counter. Once they're thrown off get your assassin on. Hope that helps. Peace

cptn_k
05-14-2011, 05:47 AM
You can assassinate guards on horseback, while on horseback, just press square when close enough.

You can fight a guard on horseback, while on horseback, by selecting your sword and hitting square when close enough.

To pull a guard off horseback, while you are on foot, get close enough and press circle to drag the guard off, then circle again to mount the horse and steal it.

For the guard on horseback mission (templar agent 'The Captain' Milano Donato???) do as said above ^^

fadly2010
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm playing PC version so i'm sorry if i misrepresent the button. the trick is, when the horsemen charge at you, press and HOLD O button. when the horse get close, you'll notice that Ezio stance change. during this time, press SQUARE button while still holding O button. Ezio will knock the horsemen of his horse. try to finish him before he is able to stand up or he'll remount. I found the best skirmish weapon to be use against mounted enemy is a polearm weapon. first, the horsemen will fall down pretty close to you compared if you knock him down with a sword, and second the polearm reach are longer then the sword. with polearm, i usually able to finish of the enemy before he can stand up.

also, there's other better way. while armed with a sword, you have a gun as a secondary weapon. when the horseman are gathering for a charge, press and hold SQUARE button. you'll see an aiming line appear toward the horsemen. release the SQUARE Button to shoot.

Vito1951
05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Perfect! Thanks. Just what I was looking for.