PDA

View Full Version : New losest KO count

DanielHac
02-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes, I am aware that likely nobody cares. Since you are all playing the demo... However, I thought maybe one of you will be intrested.

I figured out how to eliminate 3 more KOs. You can use a flash bomb on the 3 reinforcement guys where you are protecting ingrid. The catch is that it adds an alarm and is othewise a lot messier...

If you want to see this it is Level-7-5-Info-Only2KO. I also included the rest of the level to prove that it can be completed. I spead up the unchanged part to save download time. It is rather funny watching everything at 2x speed.

This brings the minumum KO count down to 13. To accomplish this I must change the following from my standard method which is 18 KOs

1. Let the guy at the tripwire get himself blown up. This eliminates the KO that use to save his life.

2. Allow an alarm at kundang tower. This alarm is reset for the next checkpoint anyway so this is just a matter of preference. Doing this allows you to skip the knock out of the guy on thr ground. I use a ring air foil on the guy in the tower and it only stuns him. This eliminates 1 KO.

3. Use a flash bomb on the reinformcements at the protect ingrid part. Then run past them and quickly get to the next part. Eventually an alarm is triggered. But I am not hurt for the most part you can continue the rest of the mission normally. This eliminates 3 KOs.

It is intresting to note that the minumum KO count for pandora (13) is less than the minimum KO count for the original (16). But then there are the 10 kills(pandora) vs 1 kill (original).

EDIT: The 2KO method is now part of my standard video.

DanielHac
02-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes, I am aware that likely nobody cares. Since you are all playing the demo... However, I thought maybe one of you will be intrested.

I figured out how to eliminate 3 more KOs. You can use a flash bomb on the 3 reinforcement guys where you are protecting ingrid. The catch is that it adds an alarm and is othewise a lot messier...

If you want to see this it is Level-7-5-Info-Only2KO. I also included the rest of the level to prove that it can be completed. I spead up the unchanged part to save download time. It is rather funny watching everything at 2x speed.

This brings the minumum KO count down to 13. To accomplish this I must change the following from my standard method which is 18 KOs

1. Let the guy at the tripwire get himself blown up. This eliminates the KO that use to save his life.

2. Allow an alarm at kundang tower. This alarm is reset for the next checkpoint anyway so this is just a matter of preference. Doing this allows you to skip the knock out of the guy on thr ground. I use a ring air foil on the guy in the tower and it only stuns him. This eliminates 1 KO.

3. Use a flash bomb on the reinformcements at the protect ingrid part. Then run past them and quickly get to the next part. Eventually an alarm is triggered. But I am not hurt for the most part you can continue the rest of the mission normally. This eliminates 3 KOs.

It is intresting to note that the minumum KO count for pandora (13) is less than the minimum KO count for the original (16). But then there are the 10 kills(pandora) vs 1 kill (original).

EDIT: The 2KO method is now part of my standard video.

jzorro
02-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Ingred on the walkway- so you KO the first two (sticky shock probably) and then when the others come you use a flash bang. This leaves enough time to go talk to Ingred and have her open the scanner so you can go through before they recover? Or do you hide and they eventually go away so you can talk to her? The door at the far end is not open yet when you "run by" them. Or can you get through the door behind them before it closes? One time I somehow had two not make it out of the door and they were still in there (and shot me when the door opened) when Ingred used the scanner. If true, another well done solution by DanielHac!

DanielHac
02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes sticky shocker the first two. The other three enter. They get a well timed flashbomb just after they enter through the now open door.

Completely ignore ingrid and run through the open door, and continue on the the next part. Ingrid magically dissapears.

The video shows everything (some at 2x speed) from the start of 7-5 to mission complete.

Watch the video:
Level-7-5-Info-Only2KO

I am not sure but it may be possible to do this and not get an alarm. If I can't do it without the alarm then it won't end up in the main video. I will have to try it later. I am actually working on 7-2 (getting in to the sewer with the lightning). I previously picked up the gas gernade. I wanted to skip that to be faster, but I had to find a solution for the ingrid part that didn't use a gas gernade since I would no longer have it.

stealthy_U
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Another challenge daniel! Cool.
I'll try it out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DanielHac
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Does anyone else find the clip for this part funny because of the 2x speed thing? I watched some of my video at 8x. Wow was that odd.

zephyrus17
02-18-2005, 04:11 AM
How about posting 8x speed videos in your Fun&Junk section?

DanielHac
02-18-2005, 06:54 AM
If you save the wmv file to your local machine, then windows media player has the ability to play at a faster speed. So you can do this yourself. The 8x thing is funny, but only for a little while.

dynamite360
02-20-2005, 08:50 AM
I found a way to do this without a flash bang but i think it was a glitch because the flash bang didnt't blind them, they were coming through the door and i ran right past them and the alarm didn't go off and they didn't shoot at me.

DanielHac
02-20-2005, 10:55 AM
That is a very intresting idea. I suppose if you round the corner just as they are entering they wouldn't have time to react and you could get past them...

I don't know if it would work, but see if you can do it again and also make sure that you can actually finish the level.

dynamite360
02-20-2005, 12:48 PM
I finished the level fine after I ran past them but i'll try it again to see if im right.

DanielHac
02-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Well in the meantime I finally got back up to this point... I was able to finish the level without an alarm so th 2 KO vs 5 KO will eventually make it into my video. I will have to try your idea of just run past.

dynamite360
02-20-2005, 01:06 PM
You know that opposite hallway where the guard is just staring at the wall, there has to be a way to get by him other than whistling.

DanielHac
02-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Are you talking about the one in this checkpoing 7-5. He doesn't move therefore you must do something for a distraction. The whistle or jump to make noise leaves the least amount of trace.

dynamite360
02-20-2005, 01:31 PM
I tried that idea again but I couldn't do it you have to get there at a certain time

dynamite360
02-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I almost did it, this time when I ran by only 1 guard noticed me and the other's just stood there

DanielHac
02-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I have done it (no flashbomb) such that I could complete the level, but I have not done it with out alarm and/or getting hit. I am content with the use of the flashbomb and I have updated the rest of the mission.

I have released all of the new Jakarta checkpoints. So there is new video to watch. By the time most people see this there will also be a new complete video. v1.11.

This takes my normal KO count to 15 and my absolute minimum to 13.

So if you want watch all the Level-7... vids.