PDA

View Full Version : Questions about GR1 - Jungle Storm on PS2

swhiteh3
07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Guys-
I've dusted off the old Jungle Storm / Island Thunder for my PS2, and been running through the game, but I have a couple of questions...

First of all, is there any forum that talks about these "old" GRs on the PS2?

Second, is there any way, once you've "developed" a team, to play individual missions with them? I hate playing an individual mission with a team that has no skills - all they do is sit around and do NOTHING!

Third, how the hell do you keep guys from crowding behind you right about the time you need to fire a rocket launcher? Seems like everytime I decide I need to fire a rocket my team decides to be caught in the blast...

Finally, anyone done a good write-up on what the traits - weapon, stealth, endurance, and leadership REALLY do in the game?

Thanks.

swhiteh3
07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Guys-
I've dusted off the old Jungle Storm / Island Thunder for my PS2, and been running through the game, but I have a couple of questions...

First of all, is there any forum that talks about these "old" GRs on the PS2?

Second, is there any way, once you've "developed" a team, to play individual missions with them? I hate playing an individual mission with a team that has no skills - all they do is sit around and do NOTHING!

Third, how the hell do you keep guys from crowding behind you right about the time you need to fire a rocket launcher? Seems like everytime I decide I need to fire a rocket my team decides to be caught in the blast...

Finally, anyone done a good write-up on what the traits - weapon, stealth, endurance, and leadership REALLY do in the game?

Thanks.

swhiteh3
07-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Am I really the only one that still plays the IT/JS version of this on PS2? No one has any input on these questions?

jchung
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I ran the missions on my friend's PS2 (I have an Xbox).

Something I did on both systems is whenever I need to fire a rocket I shift a bit to my left (or right depending on your position) and so my guys are next to me instead of behind me.

For the Xbox I think I do notice a bit of a difference when I use characters with a higher level of skill. They don't seem to die as readily, and they do appear to take down enemy in greater quantities.

BTW, the Jungle Storm missions are some of my favorites, and it really annoys me that UBI did not make them for the Xbox.

Jam_Dammer
07-29-2005, 05:54 PM
swhiteh3 -

1. You're in the right place / forum.

2. Yes, online you should be able to play with others as a team on Mission. If all you are doing is killing bad guys, then the online "Host" has the game set on *Firefight* - ask him to change it to Mission. If he won't, then you need to create your own online game.

3. Many experienced players, just before they fire say "Rocket is Hot" and repeat "Rocket is Hot" again to let those behind them know to look up and make sure they're not anywhere near your back-blast. Same thing is true with grenades: say "Grenade Out" twice or three times before you throw it, so your teammates don't move forward and get killed by you.

-Jam