PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Fischer 1943-2008

darthmix
01-18-2008, 08:56 AM
A spokesman for the World Chess Federation announced today that Fischer has died in a Reykjavik hospital. The cause of death was not announced, nor was the actual date of death, though it was probably very recently.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/18/fischer.obit/index.html

Fischer was probably the most famous and influencial chess player of the 20th century, at least in America. Certainly one of the most brilliant players of all time. He sort of tarnished his legacy by becoming a racist lunatic later in his life. May he rest in peace.

darthmix
01-18-2008, 08:56 AM
A spokesman for the World Chess Federation announced today that Fischer has died in a Reykjavik hospital. The cause of death was not announced, nor was the actual date of death, though it was probably very recently.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/18/fischer.obit/index.html

Fischer was probably the most famous and influencial chess player of the 20th century, at least in America. Certainly one of the most brilliant players of all time. He sort of tarnished his legacy by becoming a racist lunatic later in his life. May he rest in peace.

KHollister
01-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I've seen some reports that said he died on the 17th, of kidney failure.

Yes, he was a brilliant chess player... it's too bad that his friends and family didn't encourage him to get medical and/or psychological help years ago.

While he did give professional chess a black eye and create a negative stereotype for chess players, I hope that people will remember him for his skill, rather than his erratic behavior.

darthmix
01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Cable news is reporting now that the cause of death was kidney failure.

Tomski1981
01-18-2008, 05:44 PM
long time no see, darth... consider yourself challenged! :P (gameknot)

STEPHEND6
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM
WHEN I OPEN MY GAME, PIECES ARE INTERTWIN TOGETHER.IE THE PONDS ARE IN WITH THE KNIGHTS , BISHOPS ,QUEEN ,KING ROOKS .THEY ARE ON THIER ON SPACES BUT STILL LOOK TOGETHER.