PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

Spekkio9
10-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Many of you are familiar with the default.cfg tweaks to increase the fps. I played around with it at one time, didn't like the results, so I left it. I just recently began to revisit the reducemouselag = false setting. It may just be me, but it seems like it is harder to hit people with the tazer as merc when it is set to false than when it is set to true. Has anyone else played around with this setting and gotten similar results? I know a lot of people blame 1.31 for it being harder to hit spies with the tazer, but that's about the time that someone came up with this tweak.

Spekkio9
10-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Many of you are familiar with the default.cfg tweaks to increase the fps. I played around with it at one time, didn't like the results, so I left it. I just recently began to revisit the reducemouselag = false setting. It may just be me, but it seems like it is harder to hit people with the tazer as merc when it is set to false than when it is set to true. Has anyone else played around with this setting and gotten similar results? I know a lot of people blame 1.31 for it being harder to hit spies with the tazer, but that's about the time that someone came up with this tweak.

Dispatcher79
10-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Seems to be the same for me, you just got to point it at them when they are about 20 feet away. Thats what they always say when they get tazed anyway.

SITHDUKE
10-09-2004, 04:13 PM
I can't hit jack with my taser atm. Perhaps why? i changed it along time ago though.

m4_007
10-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Wanna knwo this tweak http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

it's not cheating .. is improving performance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Im sure moderators wont mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S.a.S-Xietsu
10-09-2004, 06:25 PM
DIVULGE THE TWEAKAGE!

Dojomann.p.
10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
ya.. what he said. DIVULGE it now!!

Amn-23
10-09-2004, 07:32 PM
lol,... hes just teasing you.

Spekkio9
10-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Ok, well, it's probably buried in the techsupport forum somewhere, but I'll give you a rundown anyway.

So, you go into your scpt/online/system folder and find the file default.cfg. You double click on it. It should open with wordpad.

There are a few things to play with to increase fps. One is to set mindesiredframerate = 55 instead of 35. This I believe occurs twice.

The next thing is to set reducemouselag=true to reducemouselag=false.

The final thing is to set desiredrefreshrate to 75. Then set your monitor so it locks at 75 fps while in game so you can actually enjoy the 75 fps.

When I first tried the tweak, I didn't like the results with the desiredrefreshrate. I found that the game didn't feel right at 75 fps, so I left it at 60. I left the mindesiredframerate=55, but I put reducemouselag=true again. I just recently set that to false just to play around, and it seems harder to hit people with the tazer even though the game is noticeably smoother. I think I'm gonna just leave it as true, and deal with the slightly lower performance because at least I can taze people consistantly.

HarkoninVSC
10-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Bleh, my max monitor refresh is 100 and thats what my cgf is set to. I get between 51 - 84 FPS. Can't seem to break the 85 though.

ISA-Xplode
10-11-2004, 12:04 AM
For some readon FPS is based on the refresh rate of your monitor...

m4_007
10-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Maybe there is a way to remove flashbang effect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Setting : ScreenFlashes = false

Im gonna try it right away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dojomann.p.
10-11-2004, 07:45 AM
noope... it doesn't. trust me ive tried. although ive removed ambience before. I could hear every single noise. except somehow, the ambience volume affects the volume of beeping things. (ie, mines)

Spekkio9
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ISA-Xplode:
For some readon FPS is based on the refresh rate of your monitor... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is because refresh rate is the rate at which your monitor refreshes, in other words, the rate at which your monitor redraws the screen. The default setting for this is 60 Hz, and as people should know frequency is times/second. Therefore, at 60 Hz your monitor is redrawing the screen 60 times per second. Obviously you cannot get a higher frames per second if your monitor is only redrawing itself 60 times per second.

Most people set their desktop to a higher refresh rate, yet their monitor will revert back to 60 Hz during gaming. To change this, you have to go into the video settings and find a setting that locks the refresh rate at a certain amount. Don't set it too high or else you might blow your monitor. Alternatively, there are programs to download which will have the same effect.

Bear in mind that unless vsync is enabled, your video card will output whatever it is set to output. That is why people see tearing with vsync off -- the video card is outputting say, 100 fps, while the monitor can only draw 60. That is why personally I prefer vsync, as it does not give a performance hit.

Xan-99
10-11-2004, 09:32 AM
hey spekkio up for some games?