PDA

View Full Version : New Tutorials question

AMD4EVER
11-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I've read a few of the reviews posted here and overall Chessmaster 11 doesn't sound like a worthwhile upgrade to those of us who have Chessmaster 10. However I think that if they did add enough new tutorials from Josh in this version I'd still be interested in getting it. In Chessmaster 10 here is what is in Josh's academy

Endgame Course: 15 games
Psychology of Competition: 19 games
Annotated Games: 12 games

I know it is a rather crude way of judging how much more information is added into Chessmaster 11 over 10 but I'd be interested to find out from someone who already has this program how much has been added specifically by Josh and to a lesser extent Larry.

AMD4EVER
11-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I've read a few of the reviews posted here and overall Chessmaster 11 doesn't sound like a worthwhile upgrade to those of us who have Chessmaster 10. However I think that if they did add enough new tutorials from Josh in this version I'd still be interested in getting it. In Chessmaster 10 here is what is in Josh's academy

I know it is a rather crude way of judging how much more information is added into Chessmaster 11 over 10 but I'd be interested to find out from someone who already has this program how much has been added specifically by Josh and to a lesser extent Larry.

SSBN617
11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Nothing was added by larry as far as I can tell.
The new section called The Art of Learning includes 14 games, as well as intro's to 7 sections which contain the games.

diskamyl
11-24-2007, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMD4EVER:

I know it is a rather crude way of judging how much more information is added into Chessmaster 11 over 10 but I'd be interested to find out from someone who already has this program how much has been added specifically by Josh and to a lesser extent Larry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you are really into josh waitzkin tutorials (as I am), you should consider buying CM11. if you are not REALLY, REALLY into those, there's no good reason to buy it. none. (except the multiprocessor engine, which is already even worse than the best free engine available).