PDA

View Full Version : Spawning -- PLEASE DO NOT FORCE US TO PLAY RANDOM RESPAWN

RB6-Geek
11-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Taken from article about RB6P....
"As with a lot of MP games, Rainbow Six Vegas was prone to spawn camping. A highly skilled and coordinated team could box in opponents and kill them seconds after they popped into play. Patriots adds a few options that should alleviate those frustrations. If your team is pinned down in the default base spawn point, you can reenter the game next to a teammate or in a randomized safe zone away from the base."

I was excited until I read the above regarding the spawning algorithm. I ABSOLUTELY HATE RANDOM RESPAWN. It makes the game so...well...random...and non-tactical in my opinion. Fixed spawns with alpha vs bravo spawns are the way to go. I'll explain why:
1. Fixed spawns means that one can plan an attack to the enemy base. Random respawning takes this planning/strategizing out of the picture.
2. I have nothing against spawn killing, I regard it as a reward for dominating a map. The better team will have the best balance of rushing, sniping, and communication which will result in dominating a map.
3. I would rather be killed in my own spawn because the opposing team is dominating the map than to be killed because somebody randomly spawns behind me (or spawns right in front of me with spawn shield).
4. Random respawns are in the majority of FPS games on the market (COD, MOH, BF3, etc.). RB6 is different, it is tactical, you should plan an attack, not run around randomly spawning.

My suggestion:
1. Keep random respawn an OPTION that the host can turn/off (just like the current RB6vegas2).
2. Provide multiple spawn POINTS in a single spawn AREA. I like the spawning in the Streets Map for instance...fixed alpha and bravo spawn AREAS, but you can spawn in the upstairs spawn POINT or downstairs spawn POINT. An example of a bad spawn map design is CQB where you can only spawn in a single POINT in single spawn AREA.

xboxs-alpha187
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
you know theres somthing about dieing 10 times in less than 30 seconds that makes me hate spawncampping if you really want a tatical game play one with no respawn once the first clash happens and most players are laying on the ground tatical ends and all that is left is servival now if your playing with a group of good players it is possubal to spawn camp at this point and the other players are now looking at 5 to 10 mins of just fn there stats up becus they cant take 2 steps without dieing i think the best way to go is no respawn but if you gotta play a game with respawn then you should respawn in a place were there is no imediat enamy be that a ally way a room in a bilding or even in there start point and the game should know were thes points are just my opin but like i said earler id rather play no respawn at all

Kekoa14
12-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes I agree with the OP. Random respawn sucks! I feel that spawning in the same area allows players the chance to stick with their team mates. As for spawn camping, maybe they can fix that by allowing more then one or two ways out of spawn. Truth be told I kinda liked COD's Multiplayer in a fast action kind of way, but I never really felt as if i was on a team which rainbow should be all about.

Dcopymope
12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Random respawns is good for game modes like deathmatch, but for the more objective based modes of course it will have to be fixed spawn points, pretty much like its always been. Beyond this, the fixed spawn point should be well out of reach of the opposing team anyway, that way no one has to worry about little spawn camping punks. Nothing is more annoying than getting shot as soon as you swawn, in your own fixed spawn point. Whenever I get killed three times or more in the spawn point I just leave the match before I throw the controller at the screen.

MiSSiONSucesful
12-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Random Respawns belong nowhere in this GAME!!! Thats what made RB having a tactical advantage point on the maps...OMG Ive been waiting forever PLEASE dont screw this up!! And melee OMG go develop for Activision please and leave this COMPLETELY to redstorm!!

morph3us2011
12-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Couldn't agree more RB6...

Nothing more frustrating than playing with kids who A., get locked into their spawn in the first place, and B., don't know how to get out. Strategizing a way to get of the spawn is an example of what Rainbow is all about.

I get frustrated playing in a deathmatch getting killed by someone in to just spawned in fron/behind you. It takes ZERO skill to kill someone while you have a SS.

morph3us2011
12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by devans0728:
Random Respawns belong nowhere in this GAME!!! Thats what made RB having a tactical advantage point on the maps...OMG Ive been waiting forever PLEASE dont screw this up!! And melee OMG go develop for Activision please and leave this COMPLETELY to redstorm!!

THERE BETTER NOT BE ANY MELEE IN THIS GAME!!!!!

UBISOFT! THIS IS NOT CALL OF GARBAGE! THIS IS RAINBOW!!!

SickJ
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by xboxs-alpha187:
... if you really want a tactical game play one with no respawn...

Just have two versions of every mode: one without respawn, and one with respawn, and everybody's happy.

Hell, the only reason I ever play COD is because it's the only modern shooter I know of that has a no-respawn mode. (OH, the Irony...)

RB6-Geek
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by morph3us2011:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devans0728:

THERE BETTER NOT BE ANY MELEE IN THIS GAME!!!!!

UBISOFT! THIS IS NOT CALL OF GARBAGE! THIS IS RAINBOW!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have already confirmed in one of their dev vids that R6Patriots will have a melee attack. I hate this too,...no more intense close quarters gun vs gun battles...ppl will just tap a melee button when they are close by and get a cheap kill.

RB6-Geek
12-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SickJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xboxs-alpha187:
... if you really want a tactical game play one with no respawn...

Just have two versions of every mode: one without respawn, and one with respawn, and everybody's happy.

Hell, the only reason I ever play COD is because it's the only modern shooter I know of that has a no-respawn mode. (OH, the Irony...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 has a no-respawn mode...it is called "high stakes". Better yet, it has host-side option to designate the number of respawns available....0, 1, 2, etc,....infinite. That is the way the R6Patriots will be successful==> provide host-side options to customize as many aspects of the game as possible.

Dieinthedark
12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Yep, the more options you give the player and the less that's forced, the better the game will be.

sonoblink
12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
I played around 2 years fixed respawn on vegas2 we destroyed the other team every time to easy fixed spawn.Played that way with no nades or c4 is just a campers game with snipers,RB6v2 is all about fast gameplay in random respawn,i know for i still play it on pc and RB6 patriots i'm sure will also have some form of random respawn because it will be all about fast gameplay also i'm sure!

Aj6627
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
My thought on this is thus: forcing random respawns is a solution for poor map design. If you design maps properly, it will be hard for a team to lock down the opposite team in their spawn.

FredEx919
01-28-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm on both sides of the fence with this one. Fixed spawns are good in certain situations, however If I hop on for a few matches by myself or with friends that aren't as good (that may not understand how to control the map) I definitely don't want to get spawn camped for the whole match. I can say for sure that I don't want to play another CoD though. Looking forward to some originality with Patriots

GSG_9_Rage
01-29-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm all for going back to the old round style of gameplay. One life per round. First team to eliminate the other team or complete the objective wins the round. Whichever team wins the most rounds wins the game. It worked extremely well for Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, and Raven Shield. So well that Counter Strike used that style of gameplay and look at how successful that was.

Pest_AWC
01-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm all for going back to the old round style of gameplay. One life per round. First team to eliminate the other team or complete the objective wins the round. Whichever team wins the most rounds wins the game. It worked extremely well for Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, and Raven Shield. So well that Counter Strike used that style of gameplay and look at how successful that was.

I agree.

One thing though, Ravenshield didn't switch sides after half the rounds to allow both sides to play offense and defense. That was a HUGE mistake. It pretty much eliminated Objectives from competitive play and made all the competition servers run just Team Deathmatch. In my opinion, team deathmatch was the weakest Ravenshield had to offer because without an objective, the round would end with the last 2 players on opposite sides of the map circling each other or camping. Not fun.

I would have to say Team Deathmatch with no respawns should be limited to very small maps and maybe used as a "tie breaker" on Objective matches if both teams win the same number of rounds. Otherwise, you would have to give the match "win" to the team that finished objectives quickest.

I think 6 rounds of 5 minutes each is a pretty good sweet spot. Switch sides after 3 rounds. My clan was more patient so we could do 6 or 7 minute rounds and not have people leave the server just because they got killed in the first minute and had to watch as a spectator until the next round.

Frankly, respawns suck and shouldn't be in an R6 game, but I know that would eliminate their sales to the Run N Gun crowd with A.D.D. that can't stand watching from spectator cam for a couple minutes after they do something stupid.

REDMAVEN
01-31-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm with the original poster on this. However, I love the idea of the host having the freedom to design their own type of match beit random respawn, static respawn, or no reapawn.

It would be awesome if there were more search options too. There are search filters with the current R6, but they are limited. So maybe, "random respawn: [yes] [no] available as a search option, or "respawn type: [static] [random] [1, 2, 3, 4, etc]. As a player, it makes it easier for me to find the type of match that I want.

rogue_hart
02-28-2012, 10:39 PM
I've always want to move to a new server on death. Like raven shield's no respawning but instead when you die you have the option of jumping straight into another servers pre-game menu of the same map.

What is the technique problem of allowing this? Except the problem of a games having to be popular to keep starting new rounds.