PDA

View Full Version : it keeps freezing...i've tried everything (i think)

tstorm2002
08-05-2006, 08:07 PM
ok this is what i have...
2.2 ghz AMD athlon 3500+
1GB of Ram
(more than enough HD space)
256MB Nvidia Geforce 7300 (with the driver i got off of the nvidia website)
also i have a cpu heat sink that usually runs at least 2500rpms
my graphics card is at around 60 degrees cel.
my cpu is 37c degrees

ok so i've played the game and it just freezes in the first minute or so...(this has happened with other games as well)i've tried on low fx setting and still CRASH! i'm running far cry with all the patches and have reinstalled fresh a couple of times.someone help..this is getting old! (also i tried to use Motherboard monitor but it didn't have my mother board) BTW is it makes a difference my motherboard is a Asus A8N-LA/Nagami2L-GL8E...
any more info needed, just ask...

Phaz666
09-17-2006, 12:31 AM
what operating system are you running? i noticed a couple of similar posts where the users are running win2k SP4. which i am also running and i am experiencing similar probs

Angelslayer061
09-17-2006, 01:53 AM
Download hitmanpro2

It's an anti malware program.

It uses alot of engines,like ad ware,nod32 and alot more.

www.hitmanpro.nl (http://www.hitmanpro.nl)
It's a dutch site/program but the program is also in english.

It installs fully automatic,when you done installing,make sure you set the scanner right by putting on as many scanners as possible.

Ignabold
09-17-2006, 03:49 AM
I couldn't find the A8N-LA but if it's like the others in that range it will have built in sound, so you may run better if you remove the asus sound drivers and download a new set from the sound chip maker (normally realtek)

pakmanis
09-17-2006, 05:29 AM
my graphics card is at around 60 degrees cel.

Is that Idle or load temp?

What kind of PSU do you have?

Javelin3o4
09-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I had a machine that would work fine for everything but the minute i loaded FC the system would freeze. Turned out to be a faulty ram stick.

Download MemTest burn the ISO to CD and boot to it, to check your ram.

http://www.memtest86.com/

muggs1
09-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I upgraded to a Pentium D 950 Pressler 3.4 gig dual processor , with a GeForce 7800 GS vid card, However ubisoft apparently has not heard of the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro because the game crashes , and it went down so hard due to sound problems with all set to compatibility that it corrupted the PCI.SYS file in Windows\System32\Drivers folder i had to do a repair. hence until Ubisoft gets their act togethjer it is out of this machine too much invested to risk it.However with the upgrade it ran great, Too bad they havent dealt with sound issues and it apparently doent concern them.if your game is freezing then try running on compatibility mode in sound. The sound will be out of sync but it may improve it for you .far Cry is history in mine .I will enjoy Quake 4 DooM3 and Resurrection of evil add on and Prey along with Sims 2 running at maximum graphics and no problems

fabulouscoops
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
What do dual core processors, ATI X1xxx and Nvidia 6 and 7 series video cards, X-Fi sound cards, physics co-processors and George Takai have in common?

Answer: None of them were out yet when Far Cry was released.

It is a testament to the game that it has outlived several harware generations. So you are right muggs, Ubisoft and Crytek never heard of the creative X-Fi when they were coding the game.