PDA

View Full Version : Not just an XBOX port I hope.

HBarca
12-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Any news regarding whether or not chaos theory will be just a port like pandora tomorrow was?. For me, the very instant I fired up PT I knew it was an XBOX port, the "feel" of the made for PC original wasn't there, the graphics for a start I don't believe were as good as the original SC notably the blocky shadows and the subpar nightvision. It's difficult to describe but for me there was a noticeable difference and as such I was disappointed. Hopefully CT will be an improvement.

HBarca
12-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Any news regarding whether or not chaos theory will be just a port like pandora tomorrow was?. For me, the very instant I fired up PT I knew it was an XBOX port, the "feel" of the made for PC original wasn't there, the graphics for a start I don't believe were as good as the original SC notably the blocky shadows and the subpar nightvision. It's difficult to describe but for me there was a noticeable difference and as such I was disappointed. Hopefully CT will be an improvement.

f16cxv
12-24-2004, 07:21 AM
hmmm, I'm a little bit confused, but Chaos Theory will look better than any other console game next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

silentassasin05
12-24-2004, 07:22 AM
1. it wont be a xbox port

2.a different part of ubi made pt

3.ct will be the best game of 2005

Knot3D
12-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Hah ! Sorry, to disappoint you, but you have been very misinformed :

The original Splinter Cell 1 was made for Xbox. Splinter Cell 1 pc version was indeed a port of the Xbox version.

CT is the very first Splinter Cell episode to start on PC.

Shadow_Bee
12-24-2004, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knot3D:

The original Splinter Cell 1 was made for Xbox. Splinter Cell 1 pc version was indeed a port of the Xbox version.

CT is the very first Splinter Cell episode to start on PC. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES Indeed!

HBarca
12-24-2004, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knot3D:

Then it was a much better port than PT was. From what I hear CT should be excellent.

proam
12-24-2004, 08:41 AM
PC and Xbox versions are developed simultaneously and PC version will have sm3.0 support which Xbox doesn't have so it's not Xbox port.

Zikor4
12-24-2004, 03:01 PM
The game is being developed mainly for PC users. Then some of the elements will be ported on to the console versions.

I seriously don´t hope they screw up the console versions, since my laptop can´t run either of the Splinter Cell games. And I´m an Xbox user.

But since it´s Montreal Studios, I seriously doubt anything can go wrong...

KU_
12-24-2004, 03:04 PM
SCCT will be made for all console's. NO PORTS. Ubi said they are not porting the game.

Desert Hawk
12-24-2004, 03:04 PM
The PC version and xbox versions are being developed together, which means whatever the PC version gets, so will the xbox and vice versa.

pretend3r
12-24-2004, 03:23 PM
xbox port? WHAHAHA

at E3, they showed the PC version of the game

UBI is just in love with the xbox for there marketing purposes

ChaosTheory13
12-24-2004, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HBarca:

Then it was a much better port than PT was. From what I hear CT should be excellent. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
every1 knos that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SplinterCell_37
12-25-2004, 03:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Desert Hawk:
The PC version and xbox versions are being developed together, which means whatever the PC version gets, so will the xbox and vice versa. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY. that's what i was about to say. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

PhilosopherCop
12-26-2004, 05:32 AM
Ditto