PDA

View Full Version : Instincts(Original) Map Testing Info Here...

mambonuts
04-14-2006, 12:31 PM
People wishing to have maps 'play tested' can submit info here, for others to join their games (Please submit time/timezone, and day)

mambonuts
04-14-2006, 12:31 PM
People wishing to have maps 'play tested' can submit info here, for others to join their games (Please submit time/timezone, and day)

MirthlessSmile
04-24-2006, 09:23 AM
See my post in Far Cry Instincts.
Stupid me (or stupid server)my post was supposed to be under the map making forum.......

masterch13f
05-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Mirthless, it would have been easier to just post it again here.

But anyway, I made a map a little while ago called Tropic, and although I have updated it quite a few times, I'm still not sure if it is even for both teams (It is made for STS). So, I'm going to try to create a dedicated server Friday, probably from 1 P.M. to 6 P.M. If something comes up, like having to cancel or change the times, I will post again saying this.

Tell me what you think, and be honest.

Some helpful hints:
There are 5 walkways leading to the other side of the water. When looking from RED base to BLUE base, and from left to right, here are the items on each. Max Armor, Carbine (and under it in the water is a machine gun), Rocket Launcher, Predator, and Max Health.
The vehicles don't spawn in the bases, but most have a yellow (or green, I forgot which one) flag near it.
Red base has a scout on the second floor of the base, and blue base has one in the sniper tower beside it.

Please tell me if you are willing to come help test. If only one person agrees to come, it might not be worth putting up a dedicated server for.

Oh, and I live in Eastern Time (Florida), so 1 p.m.-6 p.m. in Eastern Time.

masterch13f
05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
...Anyone?

masterch13f
05-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Lol, I don't think this thread works very well. I said I was going to create a dedicated server and asked people to test out my map Tropic two days ago, and nobody has answered yet.

I guess I'll cancel it. Oh, well.

Pcat_Magoo
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I would love to help play test it but I'm stuck here at work!!! Man work sucks : (

mambonuts
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
The thread works...you just tell players what time, and day you'll be online, and they can join you if they'd like.

Being there for the testing helps, as you can explain your map to other...dedicated might not work so well...

masterch13f
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh, well, in that case, I will schedule it for next friday. Thanks.

I will be on (Hopefully) from 3:00 to 7. Maybe later, if no one comes over to my house and makes me go 'play' with them, lol.

Devils_Requiem
05-10-2006, 07:38 PM
OK Listen up, I REALLY, REALLY want my maps played, so I will have a full map list, mostly predator maps (which will explain the weapons and spawn points being in one spot.) but the game type will be on chaos so all of them can be previewed. My dedicated server will be on from 10:00 PM Est time to 7:00 AM Est time on weekdays. I play from around 12:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Week days. All day everyday on weekends.

I would really appreciate feedback in the for of a PM telling my what your favorite map is and why. What i could do to improve any maps, and what i can do to make better maps in the future.

masterch13f
05-12-2006, 10:49 PM
IF you want, as I posted in the 'Post your Instincts (Original) Maps Here' Thread, if you want, I could add you and could check out and test them with you.

Of course, there would have to be a compromise...

You would have to do the same for me!

Lol, j/k. Unless you wouldn't mind. Because if so, then I wasn't kidding. But, if you can't, then I was.

Ok, well, I'll see you soon hopefully!

Devils_Requiem
05-13-2006, 10:53 AM
ok!!!!! =D

KrAzY1337
05-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I have my "Fun Map" with me, give me some time until I can actually test it with more players than myself. If anybody would like to help me add more games, list them if you wish that has throwing and moving in it.

KrAzY1337
05-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Nevermind, Fun Map turned out damaged and wasted tons of hours on it.

Devils_Requiem
05-16-2006, 09:10 AM
New CQB map!!!

Pandemonium

For STS Only.

An Indoor CQB map, 2 Very close bases, central arena, 4 routes to enter each base.

This is a map I MUST have Tested, if anyone is interested PM me. My GT is Omegarayne. I am on FCI.

masterch13f
05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I am in the middle of FunLand 3, and I think I need some poeple to help me decide what goes and what stays, because I need a couple more brushes to finish the roller coaster, and make it as 'user-friendly' as possible.

And Devil, sorry, but I've been busy on FunLand 3, but I will be glad to help test 'Pandemonium' w/ you.

KrAzY1337
05-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Make the rollercoaster as fun as possible, before mines crashed, I called mines "The Predator" because you kept launching like crazy and flew through ring of wood (I know, not fire).

Rollercoasters should be suspenseful, that means add environment surrounding the user who is going to enjoy it.

And I would like to test out your FunLand 3 anytime.