PDA

View Full Version : Lock On Developers... More than you can imagine!

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Can't thank you enough for putting out such a great product-- at such an excellent value! When stacked up against other forms of entertainment, I can't think of any that gives so much in return. As an average 'joe' who has the 9 to 5 job, bills, daily drama, etc, this is an outlet of escape that is priceless.

Great Job!

-dig

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Can't thank you enough for putting out such a great product-- at such an excellent value! When stacked up against other forms of entertainment, I can't think of any that gives so much in return. As an average 'joe' who has the 9 to 5 job, bills, daily drama, etc, this is an outlet of escape that is priceless.

Great Job!

-dig

Stormin
11-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Hey, you are most welcome. Please pass on your postitive experience to some of the folks here claiming we "robbed them".

Cheers,
Carl

http://home.comcast.net/~ccnorman/public/storminsig2.jpg </a>
__________________________________________________ _______________
Carl C. Norman
Executive Producer & Consultant
The Fighter Collection/Eagle Dynamics

Disclaimer: I am a representative from the Developer of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. I am NOT a spokesman for Ubi Soft nor am I a Moderator for their forums. Official announcements concerning release dates will come directly from Ubi Soft. All features and dates mentioned in this posting are variable and subject to change at any time.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:04 AM
I absolutely am positive that this game is the best flight sim by far. Flankers great, Falcons cool. But LOMAC will dominate. Now all I need is my new video card. Sheesh I have to wait for Christmas for that one. But Game works/looks great on moslty medium settings with my specs. And I ahve a GF 4 MX 440...LOL.

"Don't expect to get what you want, EARN what you want"

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:11 AM
digihost wrote:
- As an
- average 'joe' who has the 9 to 5 job, bills, daily
- drama, etc, this is an outlet of escape that is
- priceless.
-
- Great Job!

Daily drama is so much better when it includes CBUs. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Thanks Carl, I sure will! The only thing robbed was their ability to get a clue http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I feel robbed as much as the next guy for having read their idiotic posts-- by my count, that "nealm" guys owes us big!

-dig

Digitoxin
11-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Yes, I agree, this is the best flight sim I have ever seen. Thanks so much for the hard work to make this happen!

I have 2 computers. One the game runs flawless, and the other is kicking out of game and saying "windows system error".
I just put the game in both computers a hour ago, so I will find the problem in the one computer tomorrow.Im sure it can be fixed. It just gos to show that not all the computers out there are going to be problem free. but with a little work, they usually can be fixed.

http://www.geocities.com/digitoxin65/

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:18 AM
the nealm guy owes you?

sure thing guy, ill pay you back as soon as i REFORMAT MY MACHINE just so i can play the game.

You guys have got me all wrong- If only you could have, or did read all my pre-lomac release posts - I PRAISED this game, and was marking off each and every day on the calender, and i was looking forward to it as much as the next person, or more.

So, needless to say, i was a little dissapointed when i cant even get past the menu screen beacuse it is a plain white screen!

Stormin
11-22-2003, 08:20 AM
nealm wrote:
- the nealm guy owes you?
-
-
- sure thing guy, ill pay you back as soon as i
- REFORMAT MY MACHINE just so i can play the game.
-
-
-
-
- You guys have got me all wrong- If only you could
- have, or did read all my pre-lomac release posts -
- I PRAISED this game, and was marking off each and
- every day on the calender, and i was looking forward
- to it as much as the next person, or more.
-
- So, needless to say, i was a little dissapointed
- when i cant even get past the menu screen beacuse it
- is a plain white screen!
-
-

Neal,

How about we all start over and try a different approach. Believe it or not, all of us want you to be happy.

Let's start with details about your system and the exact nature of your problems.

Carl

Carl C. Norman

Disclaimer: I am a representative from the Developer of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. I am NOT a spokesman for Ubi Soft nor am I a Moderator for their forums. Official announcements concerning release dates will come directly from Ubi Soft. All features and dates mentioned in this posting are variable and subject to change at any time.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:26 AM
Nealm, it seems that you are one of a very few who have complained that they had trouble loading Lomac. Since the vast silent majority have had no difficulties whatsoever, it is your machine that's the problem, not the game. Fix your machine, play the game, and enjoy it. In the event you got a faulty disk, I'm sure UBI will replace it.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Carl,

that is very nice of you. I will try to calm myself down a bit here -

<deep breaths>

Ok, sys specs are-

P4 1.5 gigz
512 SDRAM
GeForce 2

this system ran the demo at 10-15 FPS. not great, but hey - you could play the demo at least, ya know?

My problem , exactly, is this: When i start the game, and it goes to what I pressume is the menu page (it has training, options, etc..), but it ALL WHITE!! the whole page, there is nothing, and nothing to click. and then it locks up and i have manual restart.

I tried adjusting the AA with my card, i tried resorting to 16 bit color. I tried just about everything except the full monty reinstall

Any ideas?

And to everyone that I have offended, and to all of you that are standing out there with pitchforks and torches looking for me, take it easy. I know the game rules, i have SEEN the screenshots. I have gripes and complaints, but 75% of was fueled out of my sheer frustation and dissapointent.

discuss.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Neal, I got you all wrong because your posts haven't been constructive. Most if not everyone here wants to help, but maybe your frustration is just getting in the way?

There is a logical fix and explaination for everything. So far you are able to start lomac correct? If it peters out when the screen revolves to the menu then chances are its some kind of video driver interference. What video driver, version of directx are you using? what processes are running on your system?

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Neal,

Try this: go to run and type in "DXDIAG" and run. Check the tabs and note the preferences. Are the acceleration options checked.. and are you showing directx 9.0b?

Stormin
11-22-2003, 08:36 AM
Neal,

The main problem is your video card. A GeForce 2 card is NOT DirectX 8.1 compliant as required for Lock On as stated on the box.

I suspect that if you invest in a better video card you will be very happy with Lock On.

I know having to buy new hardware is not a happy thing in most cases, but our software is designed to support the later model equipment.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl C. Norman

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:38 AM
of course i havent been constructive!! i have to get the bi+ching and moaning out of the way first

yes i have DX9.0 installed. i dont know what else to do here

Stormin
11-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Neal, my friend. Having the latest version of DirectX is not good enough. Your actual video card has to support DirectX version 8.1 or greater. Your video card will not properly run Lock On as Lock On requires DirectX 8.1 or higher compatible video cards.

Sorry pal, but you have to get a better video card.

Carl

Carl C. Norman