PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes At Startup

escobar1970
03-29-2005, 11:13 PM
The first time I installed the game I had an install issue and manually cancelled a process during installation (I think it froze while installing the codecs). It continued to install after that and completed. When I tried to load the game, it crashed at startup. I figured it was the install; so I uninstalled the game, rebooted, and re-installed.

The second installation went fine and after the game was installed I launched it. It launched just fine and I went into the museum to browse a little. Then, I shut down the game and installed the patch. After installing the patch, I tried to load the game and it crashed at startup and gave me the same error it after the first installation attempt.

I clicked to read the details of the windows error report and it referenced the following file:

c:\DOCUM~1\PABLOE~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\31db_appcompat.t xt

I searched my hard drive but cannot find this file. I also deleted my temp folders etc. and still the error occurs.

Any ideas?

escobar1970
03-29-2005, 11:13 PM
The first time I installed the game I had an install issue and manually cancelled a process during installation (I think it froze while installing the codecs). It continued to install after that and completed. When I tried to load the game, it crashed at startup. I figured it was the install; so I uninstalled the game, rebooted, and re-installed.

The second installation went fine and after the game was installed I launched it. It launched just fine and I went into the museum to browse a little. Then, I shut down the game and installed the patch. After installing the patch, I tried to load the game and it crashed at startup and gave me the same error it after the first installation attempt.

I clicked to read the details of the windows error report and it referenced the following file:

c:\DOCUM~1\PABLOE~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\31db_appcompat.t xt

I searched my hard drive but cannot find this file. I also deleted my temp folders etc. and still the error occurs.

Any ideas?