PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack Suggestion(s)

Durgenbold
10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Just wanted to share a musical reccomendation for this game: I-ai-do by Luna Blanca.

http://my.itunes.apple.com/Web...viewCMA?id=216070806 (http://my.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZPersonalizer.woa/wa/viewCMA?id=216070806)

I-ai-do is a song probably about Iaido, the Japanese art of drawing the sword.
Relevance?
At about the 3 min mark, sword sounds are included with the percussion. Seeing as this is a Latino guitar song about Japanese swords I figure it would be close enough for maybe the credits of the game. Not to mention it's a great song!

What do you think? Any other song suggestions?

Durgenbold
10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Just wanted to share a musical reccomendation for this game: I-ai-do by Luna Blanca.

http://my.itunes.apple.com/Web...viewCMA?id=216070806 (http://my.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZPersonalizer.woa/wa/viewCMA?id=216070806)

Relevance?
At about the 3 min mark, sword sounds are included with the percussion. Seeing as this is a Latino guitar song about Japanese swords I figure it would be close enough for maybe the credits of the game. Not to mention it's a great song!

What do you think? Any other song suggestions?

Kazzooey
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
HAHA. What is even better (in my opinion) Is if you guys managed to put in This artist,

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Its instrumental acoustic guitar soloists but they are amazing and knowing that they play the guitar and use it as a percussion instrument REALLY fast makes the game Very good on boss battles maybe? Sure would sound badass (:

Fender0
10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Durgenbold:

Relevance?

What do you think? Any other song suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just listned to it and maybe for credits, but when I stab someone and pwn everyone at a high pace, I'd rather listen to Metallica's "Battery"! \m/

Durgenbold
10-18-2009, 05:49 PM
yeah, I realize the song is waaay too relaxing for cutting people to ribbons, but it could work well for credits possibly.

Rodrigo y Gabriela are great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I just thought the sword reference was uncanny

I hope if they make their own music it'll be as succesful as "Time Only Knows" from their first Prince of Persia game for GCN. If Ubisoft could blend rock with persian music that well, imagine what they could come up with themselves (assuming the direct developers are the same, of course)!

So, if they could blend everything (including more hardcore metal) I think everyone'll be happy

I hope the devs are hearing this!

rs2fan_893
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Just listned to it and maybe for credits, but when I stab someone and pwn everyone at a high pace, I'd rather listen to Metallica's "Battery"! \m/[/QUOTE]

I'd like Rammstein Fuer Frei, System of a Down BYOB, Slipknot Wait and Bleed or Amon Amarth Cry of the Blackbirds.

Bigburito
10-18-2009, 07:38 PM
The Sound track should be AC/DC end of story (if there is a lightning attack in the game it could change the music temporarily to "You've been...THUNDERSTRUCK!" :P

Fender0
10-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Yea, no ****-music only AC/DC and Metallica!

Durgenbold
10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I can appreciate the hard-rockin' love here, but I'm not seeing as many thematic parallels.

Anyone know any good "western" songs? any traditional Japanese music worth mentioning? This stuff isn't ****-music...

bimbo11991
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Not that it has any relevance to RS2, but Escape the Fate is a pretty good band. What is your favorite band?

sayajin4us
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Definitly "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" theme for the win

bimbo11991
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I wonder if they could get the rights to it. That would be pretty cool, though.

sayajin4us
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Fender0
10-20-2009, 10:12 AM
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly would fit very well (and I didn't say western music was S H I T-music, bad to the bone would be funny to!http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

bimbo11991
10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Hopefully they will be able to make an awesome combination of Western and Japanese music. I know music isn't the most important part of a game, but it can sure add to the experience(Zelda/Mario).

sayajin4us
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Music definitly enhances gamer experience. I am such an uber-nerd. My Ipod is 70% Castlevania tune. I have like 15 versions of "Bloody Tears". Man , I'm a weiner http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

bimbo11991
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I used to have a Zelda song by System of a Down. Don't think that you are the only total nerd. I mean, we are on a gaming forum.

Kazzooey
10-21-2009, 05:27 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Content Removed. Please review the forum rules regarding racial slurs</span>

bimbo11991
10-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I would never call that good "music".

Durgenbold
10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bimbo11991:
Not that it has any relevance to RS2, but Escape the Fate is a pretty good band. What is your favorite band? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, my favorite artist is Imogen Heap. Her album Speak for Yourself, in my opinion, is genius, but her song "Hide and Seek" is a step beyond anything I've ever heard. Funny how my typical music preferences (Classic Rock, Rock, Alt)are nothing like her music but I guess it goes to show how much I like it.
(Also, Sia's "Soon We'll Be Found" is fantastic)

To actually answer your question though, I don't really have a favorite "band". My second favorite song is "The First of Me" by Hoobastank, but like most of my "Top 25 Most Played" the bands are mostly isolated to a song or two.

But not in the one-hit-wonder sort of way.

My fave by AC/DC is "Hell's Bells", fave of Bon Jovi is "It's My Life", fave of Journey is "Ask the Lonely"...bla bla bla. I also have a lot of obscure gems but I won't bore anyone the details without being asked.

I have some country, I have some rap, I don't have any genres I "hate". When people ask me what I like I say "good music" which I mean to be anything that I consider good.

Which brings me to the other thing I wanted to talk about. I didn't start this topic to hate on anything. I don't appreciate what people have said about rap recently, slamming blacks and questioning the genre's basis for being referred to as "music". People can bring up the technical definitions of the word but all that people really voice is their personal preference against it.

And Kazzooey?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazzooey:
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">EDIT</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read that as flat-out racism. What's wrong with you? I don't want to be a *****y moderater but I'm not going to let that slide. I've reported you.

You got off topic anyway.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Please dont quote rule breaking posts, it gives us more work in clearing it from the board http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif</span>

bimbo11991
10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow, I know he shouldn't have put it in those words, but whatever happened to freedom of speech? I still stand by my claim that rap shouldn't be considered music.

Durgenbold
10-21-2009, 08:16 PM
It says in the forum rules specifically that racial slurs are likely to result in immediate banning.

I'm personally offended by what he said, and I guess I was harsh but my response has solid support.

rs2fan_893
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
How about giving the swordsman an Ipod, to create your own soundtrack.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It cold serve as the menu and serve as a little humor(or just get their asses sued of by apple)!!

bimbo11991
10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I could definitely see Ubi beign sued for using an ipod(which they didn't know had a patent). HAHA.

Fender0
10-21-2009, 11:33 PM
You can't spell "Crap" without "rap".....

bimbo11991
10-22-2009, 06:53 AM
HAHA.

Bigburito
10-22-2009, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bimbo11991:
Wow, I know he shouldn't have put it in those words, but whatever happened to freedom of speech? I still stand by my claim that rap shouldn't be considered music. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's ridiculous, saying a genre of music isn't really music isn't fair. sure there are some crappy songs in rap but there are some good songs as well which is exactly like every other genre of music, they all have their good points and bad points so as long as you enjoy the good songs then why does it matter?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fender0:
You can't spell "Crap" without "rap"..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you can't spell fender without Derrrrrrrr... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

bimbo11991
10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
What is a good rap song, then?

Kazzooey
10-22-2009, 04:42 PM
A good song is

Grits - My Life be Like

Everyone i know loves this song. Even the total screamo nerd fans.

And btw, if i cant say N-I-Double Guh-Er then can i just say Black music without getting in trouble? Cause thats just a skin color. Shouldnt get in trouble for that.

rs2fan_893
10-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow!!! Guys, this is all new to me. I'm Puerto Rican, and since racism is near non existent in my country, you guys surprise me. Music is a sore subject and prone to differences so just cool off and stop this. As Americans we should embrace that wich binds us together as a nation.

Racism I hope you eat S H I T and you die and Burn in hell!!!!!

bimbo11991
10-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Thank you, rs2fan_893, for trying to end this touchy subject. I have to say My Life Be Like is not good and I don't see how anyone could think so.

rs2fan_893
10-22-2009, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sayajin4us:
Music definitly enhances gamer experience. I am such an uber-nerd. My Ipod is 70% Castlevania tune. I have like 15 versions of "Bloody Tears". Man , I'm a weiner http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check my latest poll. And be honest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Bigburito
10-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Thank you, rs2fan_893, for trying to end this touchy subject. I have to say My Life Be Like is not good and I don't see how anyone could think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait so you commend him for trying to put an end to a touchy subject and then immediately turn around and fan the flames? WTH? also I just listened to that song on youtube and it's not bad (I'm a rock guy myself but it sounded good) though I think from this post onward we should strictly talk about the soundtrack for Red Steel 2 and NOT about our own perceptions on different genres of music. if you want to complain about music go to a music forum on teh interwebs to do so...

Fender0
10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazzooey:
A good song is

Grits - My Life be Like

And btw, if i cant say N-I-Double Guh-Er then can i just say Black music without getting in trouble? Cause thats just a skin color. Shouldnt get in trouble for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Screamo isn't music either, "new metal"-bands like Bfmv sucks hard, but kids these days aren't to intelligent....

bimbo11991
10-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry, Bigburito. I was seeing if anyone would notice that. I do agree that screamo isn't really music, but Bfmv does have some halfway screamo songs that aren't bad. It's okay if they scream for a small section of the song but that can't be the entire song.
I guess this is still going on.

Kazzooey
10-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Yea screamo sucks ***. So does emo music. I hate emos myself, just because they arent really emo at all. But anyways off topic.

We should have like in certain parts of the game, a hidden radio or something that should have the stations to listen to: like Classic Rock, (Good)Rap, Ska, w/e it really should have.

I'm sure there are some RS2 developers or something reading this so they could get Jason V into considering this.

bimbo11991
10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Maybe the vehicles will atleast have radios playing(GTA-esque).

sayajin4us
10-23-2009, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fender0:
A good song is

Grits - My Life be Like

And btw, if i cant say N-I-Double Guh-Er then can i just say Black music without getting in trouble? Cause thats just a skin color. Shouldnt get in trouble for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Screamo isn't music either, "new metal"-bands like Bfmv sucks hard, but kids these days aren't to intelligent.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

bimbo11991
10-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I know, you have to laugh at some of these conversations.

rs2fan_893
10-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I still think the swordsman could use an MP3. Maybe Ubi could put their name on one in the game (and strap it to the swordsman's arm, as an unlockable, fully functional Mp3 too)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fender0
10-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah, 'cause I'd really like to listen to Super mario bros. theme while I play.....

(not really)

bimbo11991
10-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Too bad they couldn't have some kind of deal with Rock Band or Guitar Hero to use their songs in RS2. That would be nice, but very impractical.

Fender0
10-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I think they would rather contact the artist and music companies than Activision and Ea...

bimbo11991
10-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I was just saying that Activision and EA already have the songs in the right format, but contacting the artists and setting up deals would be too much work for something that most people wouldn't appreciate.

Fender0
10-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah, but then Activision or Ea have to pay again 'cause they don't own the song; just the right to use them in their OWN game, they can't sell forth...

bimbo11991
10-25-2009, 06:19 AM
This is the reason that companies make their own music for games. That seems to help in all the confusion of music rights.

Bigburito
10-25-2009, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">reason that companies make their own music for games. That seems to help in all the confusion of music rights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe they could make it let you use songs from an SD card as the soundtrack like they let you do on Excite Truck...

sayajin4us
10-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Great Idea!!!!!!! Have the option to use the hopefully awesome in game soundtrack or use your own. I Like It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazzooey
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sayajin4us:
Great Idea!!!!!!! Have the option to use the hopefully awesome in game soundtrack or use your own. I Like It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lul, thats what I've been saying in the first place &gt;_&lt;

bimbo11991
10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
You can do that on Excite Truck? The new one or old one?

Bigburito
10-25-2009, 05:40 PM
You can do that on Excite Truck? The new one or old one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the old one not the new "excitebots" one...

bimbo11991
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
How exactly do you do it?