PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith #5 selling game in US this week

KilaRoach
10-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Rocksmith reached #5 in games sales this week with over 76,000 units. Not a bad start. Lets keep it going and pump this game to everyone you know. The more games sold the more DLC we're gonna get. For those of you who might not be familiar with the value of DLC, Rockband started out with about 50 songs and now has over 2,000 songs available via DLC. I have over 400 songs in my Rockband collection.

KilaRoach
10-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Rocksmith reached #5 in games sales this week with over 76,000 units. Not a bad start. Lets keep it going and pump this game to everyone you know. The more games sold the more DLC we're gonna get. For those of you who might not be familiar with the value of DLC, Rockband started out with about 50 songs and now has over 2,000 songs available via DLC. I have over 400 songs in my Rockband collection.

r1chard34
10-25-2011, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KilaRoach:
Rocksmith reached #5 in games sales this week with over 76,000 units. Not a bad start. Lets keep it going and pump this game to everyone you know. The more games sold the more DLC we're gonna get. For those of you who might not be familiar with the value of DLC, Rockband started out with about 50 songs and now has over 2,000 songs available via DLC. I have over 400 songs in my Rockband collection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Six million bucks in a week is nothing to sneeze at. Christmas is coming too. Hope they get the Bass DLC online in time for that.

SeattleSauve
10-25-2011, 11:48 AM
I wonder what their expectation are in terms of sales. Since this is more of a way to gameify learning, and will actually take a lot of time/effort for some people to really master I would not expect that it would sell as much as some of the massive blockbuster titles.

The tech on this game is done very well, so despite the user interface issues I really hope it does continue to sell really well because I really want there to be a V2 of this game, and good DLC too.

Mistermann.db
10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
It appears that Kila looked only at XBox numbers. If you add the PS3 and Xbox numbers you get 132,438 units sold. Not too shabby!

At $80 a pop retail, that's $10,595,040 if my Math is correct. Not sure what percentage Ubisoft sees of that, but that seems like a great first week for a game that has very limited market appeal.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly...ate=&console=&maker= (http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?reg=America&date=&console=&maker=)

stee36
10-25-2011, 01:44 PM
This is excellent news for Rocksmith, and great news for the music game genre in general!

KilaRoach
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
OOps.. I was just looking at the small chart on the home page. I went back and added up the numbers for the top games for all consoles and Rocksmith is actually 3rd. Behind Batman and Sims 3. Even better.

Ryder35
10-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Excellent news. Really amazed that such a niche game that requires a real guitar has done so well. Bodes well for dlc and a sequel

r1chard34
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KilaRoach:
OOps.. I was just looking at the small chart on the home page. I went back and added up the numbers for the top games for all consoles and Rocksmith is actually 3rd. Behind Batman and Sims 3. Even better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And SIMs 3 is a PC title. I think the RS numbers will really pop when the PC version comes out. I'll bet there are a lot of guys out there with guitars and no interest in buying a console waiting for the PC version.

Crossfire27va
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Great news! This game is amazing, Ive been trying to spread the word, and so far everyone Ive talked to that has it loves it. Now they need to stop dragging their feet and release some dlc.

rhinokio
10-26-2011, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1chard34:
OOps.. I was just looking at the small chart on the home page. I went back and added up the numbers for the top games for all consoles and Rocksmith is actually 3rd. Behind Batman and Sims 3. Even better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And SIMs 3 is a PC title. I think the RS numbers will really pop when the PC version comes out. I'll bet there are a lot of guys out there with guitars and no interest in buying a console waiting for the PC version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive got the xbox version and i'm looking foreward for the pc one also, my girlfrind is complaining i'm taking up too much tv time with all my rocking. so i'll have 2 versions and 2 cords!