PDA

View Full Version : Feed Piranhas

Tunnel_Rat69
05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I refuse to play on a server running Feed Piranhas. I understand the intent to identify cheating, but this program goes a bit too far as to logging computer information outside the game folder. It's too bad we don't know before entering a server, to see if FP is running on it, like PB is shown in the server list.
Does anyone else feel that FP has gone too far?
I also found that it does cause a degree of lag when playing.
When entering a server running FP, you have 30 seconds to leave if you don't agree to have it log your computer information. I created two macro's to use during the 30 seconds before leaving:
L=say Feed Piranhas gathers too much info. Just check Ravenshield.log file in game directory
M=say I hate to play on server running Feed Piranhas. Causes Lag! Bye!
So you Admin's running FP, your just narrowing the number of players who would normally play on your server by running FP. But if you don't care, then you feel comfortable playing with yourself a few friends. Enjoy logging on them!

Tunnel_Rat69
05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I refuse to play on a server running Feed Piranhas. I understand the intent to identify cheating, but this program goes a bit too far as to logging computer information outside the game folder. It's too bad we don't know before entering a server, to see if FP is running on it, like PB is shown in the server list.
Does anyone else feel that FP has gone too far?
I also found that it does cause a degree of lag when playing.
When entering a server running FP, you have 30 seconds to leave if you don't agree to have it log your computer information. I created two macro's to use during the 30 seconds before leaving:
L=say Feed Piranhas gathers too much info. Just check Ravenshield.log file in game directory
M=say I hate to play on server running Feed Piranhas. Causes Lag! Bye!
So you Admin's running FP, your just narrowing the number of players who would normally play on your server by running FP. But if you don't care, then you feel comfortable playing with yourself a few friends. Enjoy logging on them!

a106GLIMMER
05-18-2006, 05:33 PM
first off WRONG FORUM!!!

Second

You must not know that pb scans your whole computer. As for FP lag wtf are you talking about? There is none! As for the scans get over it. The program scans for a predetermend set of files that are cheat related If you only scan the game folder you would not catch any cheaters. I can tell pb to scan your main c:. So maybe you should play on non pb and non fp enabled servers as you really have no clue what the program does. People like you are what make the cheaters thrive if your not a cheater already!!!!....

Woosy
05-18-2006, 05:33 PM
The argument is that the only way to catch the cheaters is to scan outside the games directory. I had simular issue about privacy a while back with FP, it doesn't give me enough information to what it does. I know it sends DX information fine, I have no problem with that it's when it says, "In addition, FP may retrieve information possibly deemed personal from
the client's computer such as
names of files, O/S identification information, and other such data." Now that is going too far whats other such data? It can Mean anything as far as I'm concerned. I won't agree with those terms neither will my friends not when you have personal files on my pc, and I don't think its fair people saying well they shouldn't be on my PC if they're that personal. It's called Personal Computer for a reason.

Why why why would that information need to be sent back to home? There is no justification, if it wants to scan files on my pc like a virus scanner and pick out the bad apple and then say she is cheating cool, I'm all for that sending information back no go. Reading their agreement it is too intrusive for me, servers with it on I dodge. It is also a bit dodgy that the only way to read the agreement on their web page is by signing up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I've read Punkbusters Privacy policy http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=privacy.php and I feel confident with it. Since I used punkbuster since it's first creation on Counter-Strike I've never had a problem with it they seem open and answer my questions about privacy issues I had back then and now and it's there for everyone to see no sign up needed.

FP may do a good job at catching cheats but I don't like it's tactics, that agreement needs to be rewritten, it needs to be told what files it sends home not other files. Why can it modify files is it game files any files it doesn't say. I can't trust something like that. They have to prove to me that I can trust them 100% firstly they need a competent agreement if thats it, no go for me ever.

EDIT:

Do you know something I don't know a106GLIMMER Pb doesn't scan your hard drive. "Our software does not, nor will it ever, without the explicit consent of users, make changes to any non-PunkBuster files on users' systems (such consent would be received through a confirmation action within the PunkBuster software and not as part of our Software Terms). Furthermore, our software will not perform "hard disk scans" looking through large portions of users' directories and/or file systems."

a106GLIMMER
05-18-2006, 05:49 PM
sure it does all i have to do is count back to the main folder from the install directory. If you read I said I can make it scan the c: just like this

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v ../../../../tormentium.ini NOT_FOUND

this one is scaning your program files folder

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v ../../../../../tormentium.ini NOT_FOUND

and that one would be the c drive

I will agree it does not do mass scans of the hd but you can scan the persons computer for a known cheat file. As for FP does pb tell you what they are scaning for NO so with that said everyone has an opinion on what FP should do and if they want to play on FP enabled servers. I personally have a pc for business and one for gaming so I could careless what is scaned.

FI_FlimFlam
05-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Woosy, look closely at your quote from Evenbalance. They won't "change" files and they won't do what they term as ""hard disk scans" looking through large portions of users' directories and/or file systems." That last portion is definitely subjective. It does not say that they won't scan any portion of your disk or even where it will limit the directories where it will scan or the volume of files it won't scan. It does scan places of your system where known hacks reside. This most definitely inludes folders outside the said game folder. EB had to start doing this as that IIRC the cheaters took advantage of the initial limitation to limit their scans to the game folder. Some games allowed the launching of external cheats or storage of config files virtually anywhere on your drive.

Tunnel_Rat69
05-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I agree Woosy.
Most players don't have the luxury of two computers. One for gaming, and one for business. Seems I struck a nerve. I just don't think it's fair to login to a server not knowing first hand that it's running FP. It's my opinion, and I do not, and will not cheat.
Furthermore, it's my experience that the FP servers lag everytime. Have fun on the FP servers, I and many others, won't be there to pawn ya. LOL

Woosy
05-18-2006, 08:19 PM
If it does thats fine, didn't know it could be done manually, I have nothing to hide. I have never said I was against an AC scanning my PC, I'am however against an AC sending home what my files names and god knows what else. The only things I know I send to punkbuster is my guild ID which is encrypted data, it sends ss to the server I know that, thats not private to me not when I accepted that servers terms and conditions plus punkbusters. It's not gonna send back the family photos plus their file names, oh here is the art work and file names. Music files I have a few music files even one I composed on my axe called cheater will that get sent because of it's file name what about the name you listed? I mean questions questions questions.... When it raises more questions then it answers I won't touch it with bill gates hands.

This is what I don't understand If an anti-cheat program simular to a virus scanner say, what does file name matter? It checks the file and checks it's structure is it a cheat? No, next file etc... If it resides in the memory like a trojen it can check that i have no qualms, same with exe's running. Why does it need to send back file name data? What use is that? Punkbuster has never changed any of my settings directly well... *lol* I will join a server and it will say kicked for 1 minute your net speed is too fast lower it, and i modify it and rejoin no more problems it didn't change it for me I had to manually change it. Not had it rename my files on my pc, I'm not willing to try FP out and see.

athenian
05-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I haven't noticed any significant lag from FP servers recently. Given when FP first came out there was some lag issues. But they have since been corrected. If I remember right PB lagged like a b!tch when if first came out for RVS. Not sure why your worried more about FP than PB, they both scan your computer for specific files. If your don't want to play on FP servers then leave the server, pretty sure it can't scan your whole computer in 10 seconds. For one I am greatful that Mac and everybody else has put so much time into the AC community and the FP program. They have picked up where PB leaves off. Thanks again to the FP team. BTW there's plenty of non FP servers out there. Good luck playing against auto-fire and aimbots.

Woosy
05-18-2006, 09:22 PM
No need I play CO-OP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Cheating, ego's, sex descrimination and a few other things put me off adversial a few years ago. I still worry about Adversial players though, i always want people to have safe gaming and fun and a peace of mind that they don't have to worry about their privacy when playing a game which is there for entertainment and unwinding.

SODsniper
05-19-2006, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tunnel_Rat69:
I agree Woosy.
Most players don't have the luxury of two computers. One for gaming, and one for business. Seems I struck a nerve. I just don't think it's fair to login to a server not knowing first hand that it's running FP. It's my opinion, and I do not, and will not cheat.
Furthermore, it's my experience that the FP servers lag everytime. Have fun on the FP servers, I and many others, won't be there to pawn ya. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say you don't cheat, yet that last sentence indicates you do. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Regardless of that, you also "I just don't think it's fair to login to a server not knowing first hand that it's running FP".

This is patently untrue. When you login to a server, it tells you in no uncertain terms that this is an FP server. You have plenty of time to log off before any scans are accomplished.

The simple fact of the matter is this. FP is no different than PB in what it does or how it does it. If you have no problem with PB than you should have no problem with FP. FP simply makes PB better at what it does.

As far as an indication of FP *BEFORE* you log into a server, you can bet that, if you see a server running PB, then it is also running FP.

Everyone knows that, (sans support) nothing kills an online MP faster than scumbag cheaters. FP has breathed new life into a game that was drowning in a sea of low-life cheaters.

That is why SOD runs FP and that is why SOD can guarantee that NO ONE cheats on our servers. And THAT is why SOD servers are full every night. Because people know that they can play without having to worry about scumbag cheaters.

FP - http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif
Cheaters - http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Tunnel_Rat69
05-19-2006, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You say you don't cheat, yet that last sentence indicates you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about? My last sentence was:
Furthermore, it's my experience that the FP servers lag everytime. Have fun on the FP servers, I and many others, won't be there to pawn ya.
There's no need to accuse me of cheating. I'M ON YOUR SIDE. I HATE CHEATERS TOO!
Nobody has answered Woosy's questions.
The TWL has not accepted FP for a reason.
Why would FP what to know, among other things, (other than to try and break in to my computer) my computer name and user login? Maybe they would like to sell that information to a hacker?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Regardless of that, you also "I just don't think it's fair to login to a server not knowing first hand that it's running FP".

This is patently untrue. When you login to a server, it tells you in no uncertain terms that this is an FP server. You have plenty of time to log off before any scans are accomplished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm talking about before joining the server. I know you have 30 seconds to leave after you join. But it would be nice to know if a server is running FP before joining.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it tells you in no uncertain terms </div></BLOCKQUOTE> What does that mean? &lt;rhetorically&gt; LOL

FI_FlimFlam
05-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Wow I think everyone needs to calm down. No need to go tossing accusations at anyone. Woosy has legitimate concerns. Just because you nor I feel the same doesn't make it any more right or wrong.

Woosy, I'm not sure how it ID's the files. I didn't write FP so I don't know. I can only make my best guess. I would guess that it's much the same way PB does for the most part. Which is by known file name and md5 hash. In otherwords it may look for a file called runfast.txt yet you had another file by that same name (lets say you are a runner IRL and it's tips on how to speed up your split times). It probably doesn't open the file up and scan line for line examining the contents, it probably compares it to the known md5 hashes for that file. (md5 hash is kind of like an electronic finger print). However it might log that you had a file on your computer the same name as the cheat but not the same value. This would be a reference to watch you. If you keep returning suspicious files or run around "pwning" people then it's an idicator of potential cheating. The gathering of information could be just that it sends information back to the server that it found said file, you UBI name (not CPU login info), and/or any other suspicious settings and changes to the RvS settings/engine on the client. I have seen the log files (we run FP on our adver server). It has nothing besides your IP, UBI id (no passwords), and the potential violation. Most if not all the identification information is alread sent to the server when you log in - regardless if Punkbuster or even FP is enabled on the server or not. It is logged in the UCC.log BTW. If nothing is detected then nothing is sent or logged as far as I can tell. Now I haven't put any packet sniffing software on it to check to make sure but no where does it say that your CPU name and LOGIN are being caputred (TunnelRat please please give me a link to that particular gem). And no, woosy, to my knowledge it doesn't actually capture files and send them somewhere it just logs the names of suspicious files like I said earlier.

Punksbusted.com is a community of server admins who know their stuff. Quite possibly the best and deepest knowledge resevoir about administering RvS servers out there. They back and support FP for a reason. I sincerely doubt there is anything nefarious going on with it.

I know alot of hackers have done their best to discredit FP, from dis-information, and what not. I don't trust many "internet" sources regarding information about FP as a result because alot of people are spewing regurgitating alot of differnt incorrect information. If you have a qustion get ahold of MacGyver and ask him nicely whats going on in regards to info gathering and he'll tell you. Just PM him on his forums:
http://www.Officialfp.com

Woosy
05-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Thats my point FlimFlam if FP wrote out the Agreement like you just said, and it does exactly that I would be confident using the program, maybe they should get you to put that on their site? As on their site it is not that clear and it raises alot of questions for me regarding privacy. I don't expect them to tell me how the other parts of the program works compromising it's effectiveness, but when regarding privacy, I think they should tell us so we don't have to worry about it. But Explaining how it works just like you did takes off the worry, and I can go and enjoy gaming, on servers where FP is on.

See a few words and a comptently written Agreement can change everything, I do think it needs re-written for those of us who are paranoid.

SODsniper
05-19-2006, 01:52 PM
It simply all boils down to what I said before.

Either you trust your AntiCheat/AntiVirus/AntiPopUp software people or you don't.. It's all the same as to what they can do. Norton COULD put a command in there that Mirrors your hard drive when you are not around. MacAfee COULD arrange it to open your computer up at certain times for clandestine access.

The simple fact that FP spells out what it does should be assurance enough. It's not trying to end-around anyone. Well, maybe only the cheaters.

It's all real simple. If you want to play on a server that is virtually guaranteed to be cheat free, play on a PB/FP server. If you don't need that gurantee, then don't play on an FP enabled server.

There is nothing wrong with valid concerns. But those concerns are easily addressed from a multitude of sources. They even had a visit on IRC from FlimFlam the other night! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

The FACT is, FP catches cheaters. And it does so in the most inobtrusive way possible.

I apologize if I came off as accusatory. I should not have made any sort of insunuiations..

DXS_MacGyver
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Excuse me Tunnel_Rat69 for not addressing your concerns sooner, but you didn't post on FP forums asking for help, nor did you post in the Raven Shield section of the forums, so I'm only here because I was pointed here by someone else.

As to my position at OfficialFP, I'm actually the programmer of the mod, so I'm pretty sure I'm able to help you with any issues.

Anyway to get to the point, we were told about you by another player since you ran these keybinds on his server. He figured your stated reasons for hating FP weren't your real reasons so he asked us about you and posted this SS in our forums: http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ravenshield20060511223723812qi.jpg

As I understand it, your issues are the following:

1) Lag caused by FP.
2) FP stealing personal information.

This is a modified version of my post at OfficialFP.com on the matter (Took out the GUIDs):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Few points to consider:

1) If he's worried about lag, why is he joining a French server from the United States?
2) If FP is spyware and does damaging things to his computer, we wouldn't write about it to the RavenShield.log file to let everyone know. Secondly, we would have stolen all information we wanted from his computer by now.
3) His GUID connects back to XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX, and he most likely used this leaked and banned GUID as well for one day: 6d71d305 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To elaborate on points 2 and 3, I welcome everyone to check their RavenShield.log file to see what is there. There's nothing there to prove your false accusation that FP takes information it shouldn't. You have nothing to back that up, but rather invented the RavenShield.log proof in order to sound credible. To those that actually mod for RvS, it sounds rather stupid for us to be logging information to people's computers that would incriminate us.

As for what I posted in terms of GUIDs, we believe we have tracked you via PB and the wonderful lookup system at PsB to using three different RvS CD-Keys. It is also believed you used a fourth leaked CD-Key at one point.

Now I'll be honest... If you use multiple CD-Keys, including a leaked CD-Key, and you hate an anticheat and provide a bogus reason as to why you hate it, I don't trust you, and I wouldn't feel too sorry to see you stay off of servers running my mod. If you want to discuss this at OfficialFP.com forums, we'd be more than happy to have you visit.

Woosy
05-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Thats true Sniper, but when I install those programs read the eula or go to their site and it talks about privacy and explains it good, I have no issues. Imagine if my flatmate friend or family member went to install it and it said. Our anti-virus program scans your computer also sends dx info, file info back home to us and (any information that "might" be personal to you) most people will think hold a minute... Why does it need to do that when it's just scanning? And what information "might" it send back. No forget it, what other virus scanners are there?

What the creator needs to do is write out the agreement better, apparently it doesn't send these things back? Then why say it does? Why does it say it can but can't that doesn't make sence after what flimflam says does it? Seriously it really needs more thought.

I'm not trying to be funny but it seems like it's a good program but when it comes across and "seems" like it compromises privacy for a computer game? No way! As I say the guy needs to write it out better so I can trust him. Putting the agreement on his website which can't be read without signing up isn't the smartest Idea either, it looks like there is something to hide. I trust lots and lots of programs by top companies on my pc, they're written agreements are competently written and I can trust them.

In this case people who do care about their privacy would exit the game within 10 seconds of just reading the first 2 paragraphs, I know none of my friends play on FP servers, after just reading that agreement.

I've never needed to cheat on a game, never have never will. I still only play co-op but when servers are switching to FP less and less I will play on until that agreement is re-wreittent competently so that end users can fully understand what it means. None of this might do.

SODsniper
05-19-2006, 03:04 PM
I am sure MAC would be happy to accept any suggestions you might have on what the agreement should and should not say.

He is always reasonable, albeit slightly deranged. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

DXS_MacGyver
05-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm still amazed that people don't care we're probing their computer. They just care we're telling them about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Woosy
05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Alot of people don't really care, as they have nothing on their pc but games. If I had nothing but games on my pc I would be on FP servers in a jiffy, friends of friends won't play on those servers till the agreement makes sence! This is the issue, not the program, the agreement. People do care you're telling them though, thats why me and friends leave servers with it on.

athenian
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DXS_MacGyver:
Excuse me Tunnel_Rat69 for not addressing your concerns sooner, but you didn't post on FP forums asking for help, nor did you post in the Raven Shield section of the forums, so I'm only here because I was pointed here by someone else.

As to my position at OfficialFP, I'm actually the programmer of the mod, so I'm pretty sure I'm able to help you with any issues.

Anyway to get to the point, we were told about you by another player since you ran these keybinds on his server. He figured your stated reasons for hating FP weren't your real reasons so he asked us about you and posted this SS in our forums: http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ravenshield20060511223723812qi.jpg

As I understand it, your issues are the following:

1) Lag caused by FP.
2) FP stealing personal information.

This is a modified version of my post at OfficialFP.com on the matter (Took out the GUIDs):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Few points to consider:

1) If he's worried about lag, why is he joining a French server from the United States?
2) If FP is spyware and does damaging things to his computer, we wouldn't write about it to the RavenShield.log file to let everyone know. Secondly, we would have stolen all information we wanted from his computer by now.
3) His GUID connects back to XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX, and he most likely used this leaked and banned GUID as well for one day: 6d71d305 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To elaborate on points 2 and 3, I welcome everyone to check their RavenShield.log file to see what is there. There's nothing there to prove your false accusation that FP takes information it shouldn't. You have nothing to back that up, but rather invented the RavenShield.log proof in order to sound credible. To those that actually mod for RvS, it sounds rather stupid for us to be logging information to people's computers that would incriminate us.

As for what I posted in terms of GUIDs, we believe we have tracked you via PB and the wonderful lookup system at PsB to using three different RvS CD-Keys. It is also believed you used a fourth leaked CD-Key at one point.

Now I'll be honest... If you use multiple CD-Keys, including a leaked CD-Key, and you hate an anticheat and provide a bogus reason as to why you hate it, I don't trust you, and I wouldn't feel too sorry to see you stay off of servers running my mod. If you want to discuss this at OfficialFP.com forums, we'd be more than happy to have you visit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny thing is that all that info you got there Mac is from none other than PB not FP. But yet people have a problem with FP and not PB. Think what there problem is that they actually have to play the game to get good at it and not have those downloadable skills. Anyways keep up the good work Mac and the rest of the FP team. For now I am gonna go join a european server and complain to the server admin because his server is too laggy.

DXS_MacGyver
05-19-2006, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Woosy:
Alot of people don't really care, as they have nothing on their pc but games. If I had nothing but games on my pc I would be on FP servers in a jiffy, friends of friends won't play on those servers till the agreement makes sence! This is the issue, not the program, the agreement. People do care you're telling them though, thats why me and friends leave servers with it on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've played on servers running custom maps, mods and other items, some of which I have written. If I built anything malicious in any of them to steal your credit card numbers, I would have had them by now.

FP has the ability any other RvS mod does. So while we are alerting people that they are getting scanned, other mods don't do that. And if you claim other RvS mods don't scan you, I would wonder how you would know, especially considering there was a similar anticheat for RvS awhile back that did hardrive scans. If you played on any of those servers, well... filenames were returned to the server and logged, regardless of whether they were cheats or not.

FP currently doesn't even do these type of scans. If you put FP on your server now, the only hardrive scans it does is within the game directory and even then those are not real scans since it's using the game engine to pull data from the INI files.... not paw through your Quicken directory. Most of what we do is so direct and targetted towards specific cheats and hooking methods.

Regardless, if you don't feel safe on FP servers, don't feel forced to play there. Just know that we're testifying to you that the servers that run FP are safer and cleaner.

Woosy
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Thankyou MacGyver, thats all I and others ever wanted to know, I shall play on FP knowing thats from the horses mouth. All I was saying is if the agreement was written better, there would of been none of this at all.

boookal
05-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh, and Woosy, if you think that you are getting away form cheats by playing on Co-op servers, you have to think again. I know of many many admins that have caught cheaters in their Co-op servers. They're out there, you may not have seen them but they are out there. If ya really want to be cheat free, then ya need a locked or local server.

Woosy
05-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't get away from cheaters playing co-op. I know this already as my old clan server caught lots when the wireframe thing was going on and lots of people using speed cheats. We see them sometimes at starts of rounds shooting into the air. The difference is i'm not playing against them, I don't have the frustration of someone having ret hack, it's why i quit adversial years ago got to stressy for me and paranoid accusing everyone of cheating good players? or cheating? dunno so i left.

I enjoyed co-op a ton more, usualy cheaters die alot using their downloaded force powers and leave. Either that or they screw up the mission thinking they can run accross the airport carpark which sets of the tangos inside to execute the hostages happens for 5 rounds they leave, half the time it's only me and my friends, It's a rarity if i see one of those cretinoids.

IcheBAN
05-20-2006, 09:16 PM
woosy the thing is you can point out things in an agreement that you don't like but the fact is regardless if the statements where worded to your liking that still does not forcefully stop FP from doing anything..

FP did not have to lay out an agreement to begin with.. But as a moral and public organization stand point it was added.

Norton could tell you that they are NOT doing somthing but how would you actually know? So it boils down to trust and thats it.

I'm glad now that you have read MacGyver's post that you feel better about FP but next time you come across this same situation you might want to get in contact with the people who run the program first rather then listening to other peoples views that could be false/twisted...

We have nothing to hide and encourage anybody taht has a problem with FP or questions about it to post on our forums and we will do whatever we possibly can to answer them..

Woosy
05-21-2006, 02:22 AM
I don't think you know what I mean. The way the agreement implies is that it ingringes on ones privacy, it asks more questions then it answers. Mac tells me it doesn't, so I'm saying wouldn't it be better to write the agreement "better" so it doesn't scare people off as it did to me and others? Thats my point. The way it's written out it implies it can send alot of information back home to base, it doesn't do this hence my point of the agreement.

I play FP servers just dandy, I do wish it was explained like that in the agreement though, I wouldn't of had any qualms the first time.

KRT_Neo
05-11-2007, 04:58 PM
glimmer you and the cheater comment show noobish skills. 1st FP does more than PB in your com , In FP I can alter your com and see anything on your com as well as steal it. FP is bordering on ilegal. and will be soon enuff.

SoonToBeBanned
05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm happy you survived such a long coma...

Seriously, I can't figure out how some people can pick up a deeply buried one year old thread and continue the discussion like it is the topic of the day.

Snipe4Me
05-11-2007, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SoonToBeBanned:

Seriously, I can't figure out how some people can pick up a deeply buried one year old thread and continue the discussion like it is the topic of the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif No kidding... that's the Million dollar question! I mean, what exactly do you search for to find such a tomb post? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

sl0ppy_sec0nds
05-11-2007, 10:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SoonToBeBanned:

Seriously, I can't figure out how some people can pick up a deeply buried one year old thread and continue the discussion like it is the topic of the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what I was thinking. lol.

DXS_MacGyver
05-12-2007, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KRT_Neo:
In FP I can alter your com and see anything on your com as well as steal it. FP is bordering on ilegal. and will be soon enuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, You can't do jack with FP.

Secondly, FP hasn't been actively supported for quite awhile, just like this topic shouldn't be still active. You're quite slow with the times.

If you'd like to come flame me....

http://www.sac-team.com/

HeXeDOSOK
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I know all this is just fanning the flame, but I just HAD to drop by and say how absolutely LAME it is to dig something up from almost exactly 1 year ago and just keep on talkin. VERY lame. I'm pretty sure that makes my post even "lamer" if that is a word.