PDA

View Full Version : Stun underpowered?

StrikerIX
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Do you think it is to hard to stun people? I'm not complaining or something, I usually stun with no problems, but sometimes when I press O (PS3) my stun fails...

What are your thoughts?
Do you think they should patch it?

PSN: Dragonite258

StrikerIX
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Do you think it is to hard to stun people? I'm not complaining or something, I usually stun with no problems, but sometimes when I press O (PS3) my stun fails...

What are your thoughts?
Do you think they should patch it?

PSN: Dragonite258

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Fails as in...?

It's not meant to work when your hunter knows who you are - if by "fails" you mean "I get killed" then there's a simple answer.

You're doing it wrong.

You're not meant to try and walk up to your pursuers and punch them.

You're meant to go for the stun when they don't know who to kill - take them by surprise, or mute/smoke them before stunning.

If you're in a blend group, and your pursuer comes close enough that you can reach them, but isn't actively trying to kill you (still deciding who to aim for), then you can get the stun while they hesitate.

But if they walk towards you and stop a metre or so out, they're trying to lure you into going for the stun - only try for it after a smoke bomb when this happens.

mpagano411
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Stun works fine. When I get the jump on my pursuer, I get the stun. When I made it too obvious, they kill me.

EscoBlades
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
Stun works fine. When I get the jump on my pursuer, I get the stun. When I made it too obvious, they kill me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly.

Rainie
01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
Stun works fine. When I get the jump on my pursuer, I get the stun. When I made it too obvious, they kill me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My thoughts exactly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yup yup, assassinate will always trump stun so you have get them before they see you or trap them first

FireTempest00
01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
My thoughts exactly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yup yup, assassinate will always trump stun so you have get them before they see you or trap them first </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/Thread

WIDOMKR383
01-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I personally think the stun animation is underpowered. I wanna see teeth falling out of the mouth. (:

Rainie
01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
I personally think the stun animation is underpowered. I wanna see teeth falling out of the mouth. (: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol that would be funny XD

MidlifeHighjack
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Yep I like the teeth flying idea but I want a swift kick to the nuts too. So many people I stun I saw them SO far away they need a swift kick to the fun bags to learn to stop walking the wrong way in traffic.

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MidlifeHighjack:
Yep I like the teeth flying idea but I want a swift kick to the nuts too. So many people I stun I saw them SO far away they need a swift kick to the fun bags to learn to stop walking the wrong way in traffic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stun from behind.

Watch how you finish.

It's not QUITE there, but it's close.
Looks the part when the Courtesan does it to the Blacksmith http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MidlifeHighjack
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I hardly ever get to stun someone from behind it's almost always face to face because I saw them a mile away coming for me.

Steelbadger
01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
I get WAAAY more stuns than I do kills, that leads me to think that stun is plenty powerful. If it wasn't for those (admittedly vaguely frustrating) times when it doesn't work as you'd hope I'd hardly ever die.

Mythic_IV
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Stun is not meant to be used as an attack. Also if you stun someone, you can't stun that person again when they get back up. I don't know how long this immunity lasts, but I would advise running away, not standing behind them smashing your stun button.

starcowgozboom
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mythic_IV:
Stun is not meant to be used as an attack. Also if you stun someone, you can't stun that person again when they get back up. I don't know how long this immunity lasts, but I would advise running away, not standing behind them smashing your stun button. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you could smoke bomb them or strong mute them right before they get up. With good timing you can get at least two, three stuns with a single pursuer. If you've got more than that, definitely haul tail. xD

xCr0wnedNorris
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
There are times where stun just flat out doesn't work for me. I know my pursuer is RIGHT THERE within the stun range, but the game decides I can't do anything about that and they finally manage to kill me. Other than that I don't really find it to be underpowered... except for the ability to counter stuns. I think that's bull****. If my pursuer is dumb enough to let me know that they're my pursuer, then get in the range of me being able to stun them, they should get stunned, hands down, that's it. But meh, my opinion is my opinion, but someone will still probably reply to this with the same comment saying "stun isn't meant to be stronger than assassination." I KNOW! I READ THE MESSAGE TOO! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Mythic_IV
01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
one of your teammates or you are probably locked onto someone else. This causes problems with trying to stun people.