PDA

View Full Version : Dev Team : New creature Ideas

yuppy1984
09-26-2005, 08:49 PM

yuppy1984
09-26-2005, 08:49 PM
I think that the dev team could generate a lot of ideas by opening a few starter decks of Magic the Gathering... (i posted this in another thread but it got me thinkin)

I mean they come up with hundreds of new creatures a year.... why not steal em.... since most of the names are generic you can do it without infringing on copyrights. It could make you look good in that next meeting.....

Did you ever play MTG?

Dregonar
09-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Never played MtG, but I like new ideas, and I don't care where they came from, so I'm all for it. Am I supposed to vote yes or this is the question about playing MtG?

Power_Lich
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes, I did play it a lot. Have all my decks left ...and Etherlords was a game practically based on MtG, so they know... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Draconic_Oracle
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Big magic player here, (I even do tournaments... hmmmmm cash prizes.....).
Ah so looking forward to the new set release, I already ordered a booster box through my usual shop's pre-buy, (36 boosters for 85 Euro's ain't a bad deal).

Always liked etherlords though I wished there were more creatures and spells, I always found it a bit limited.

And indeed rifling through some cards would be a easy source for ideas, ofcourse giving a little nod towards wizards of the coast in-game then would be nice (a little free comercial for the people who read credits)